21-3A 2010-2011 season

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="819011" timestamp="1279549631"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=70622.msg818958#msg818958 date=1279508748]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg818686#msg818686 date=1279366249]
I think HJ will be in the hunt againt this upcoming season. But the gap is closing in on HJ. By 2011-2012 season, the district will see some new changes. Enjoy your last season for awhile.
[/quote]
Dove, at least for the next two seasons I don't see HF moving into HJ's territory.  As long as we keep our core group in tact, we should be able to battle for district championships with Silsbee with HF on the outside looking in.
[/quote][b]HF and WOS [/b] will be opening up the door ;) Time marches fast in sports.
[/quote]

Let's see, Silsbee's 8th, 9th and JV teams swept both HF and WOS last year. I believe the time will be much slower than you think. ;)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think HJ will be in the hunt againt this upcoming season. But the gap is closing in on HJ. By 2011-2012 season, the district will see some new changes. Enjoy your last season for awhile.
[/quote]
Dove, at least for the next two seasons I don't see HF moving into HJ's territory.  As long as we keep our core group in tact, we should be able to battle for district championships with Silsbee with HF on the outside looking in.
[/quote]HF and WOS will be opening up the door ;) Time marches fast in sports.
[/quote]That door can close pretty quickly too. Just depends on who's closing it. Silsbee,HJ aw never mind, They were'nt raised in a barn. :D

[/quote]
[/quote]HF and WOS will be opening up the door ;) Time marches fast in sports.
[/quote]

Time marches fast??? Well it has been REAL slow at HF!!!!  HJ will be too much for HF for at least the next 4 years!

[quote name="lhsof23" post="819071" timestamp="1279572223"]
there is so much talk about the first place teams (HJ and Silsbee) who do yall think will pull out that last playoff spot???
[/quote]

I think it will come down to Bridge City, Hamshire-Fannett, Orangefield and WOS. ;)

I give the early nod to WOS.

[quote name="lhsof23" post="819071" timestamp="1279572223"]
there is so much talk about the first place teams (HJ and Silsbee) who do yall think will pull out that last playoff spot???
[/quote]

Only BlueDove can give you a good answer on this as he is the one who best evaluates and/or quantifies talent.

[quote name="stevenash" post="819133" timestamp="1279594163"]
[quote author=lhsof23 link=topic=70622.msg819071#msg819071 date=1279572223]
[/quote]

Only BlueDove can give you a good answer on this as he is the one who best evaluates and/or quantifies talent.
[/quote] ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="819049" timestamp="1279561248"]
I love the trash talking- and don't think the HF kids don't see this.  REminds me of the old hound dog on the porch getting tired of being
Stepped on and  ???  Oh man I've been in SE Texas too long. [color=red]Beginning to sound like y'all[/color].
[/quote]you are coming full circle now Bluedove. P.S.what day will those 14u be on ESPN?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="813929" timestamp="1277130139"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=70622.msg813913#msg813913 date=1277100540]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70622.msg813776#msg813776 date=1276991526]
HJ [left]WOS[/left]Silsbee[left] OF[/left]BC[left]HF[/left]
[/quote]

Silsbee brings back a talented group headed by Stallworth, and WOS loses their coach...not sure I understand this one
[/quote]

True Blue is either being spiteful or has no clue. I think it's both.
[/quote]      WOW    AAW

[quote name="True Blue" post="814168" timestamp="1277255515"]
Like I said that is JMO from what I have seen this summer. Silsbee looks to be a one man team, but they might have players not playing in the summer games. And I also know that summe games or just that summer games but you can see if they have talented players, and sorry I have just seen one in Sislbee , he is real good but it is hard to be a one man team at the 3a level. But no were have I said that Silsbee would be week I said that there will be good games between all three teams. And Aggie you never heard me say that he would not see the floor ;)  But Kelly I am basing my pick on seeing Sislbee play but looks like maybe not all of their players. That is what I love about this site If you make a pick that is not what Aggie thinks is right you get attacked or they deleate you acount ;D Just hope that one of these days he makes that attack face to face :o
[/quote]

So True Clueless, since you put stock in these summer games, what's your take on Silsbee now since they blew through the summer tourney last week and went undefeated, winning the championship?

Noticed Silsbee beat teams along the way that beat your son's team. ;)

I think that the 3 teams at the top will be the same as last year. And on any night, any of the three can win if they have a good game. Silsbee did look good at the tourment But so did a lot of teams, The only prob. that I had a the games is that Evadale had to play a back to back game with only 5 players and when they were going to pick up a player from Spurger the head coach from Silsbee came on the floor and made the kid leave. I thought that this was a summer game that NO COACHES were to be a part of. But I guess that the big 3a team was not going to let a little 1a team have any advantage on a game that ment so much. ;D And no were have you heard me hating on Silsbee or Ktz last year. I said from the start that Ktz was the strongest team in that dist. but they played undiscipline. and it showed in the playoff game that they lost. As great of a player as Deven was he should have never been the one bringing the ball up the floor and taking that 35 ft shot at the end of that game. Long rebound, fast break and a fooles foul did them end , after playing a good hard game up to that point.  But unlike some people on this sight I will always pull for my sons team, but I WILL NEVER PUT DOWN ANY KID OR ATTACK ANY KID. I will have different opinions with some coaches and fans but thats part of the game. But if you have not heard my home was one of the homes that got damaged, when the storm came through Nome so as of right now I do not have a place for us to stay. I am having it fixed but dont know if it will be before school starts. If not I do not know were he will go to school this year but were ever he starts that is were he will finish he will not move again.

Oh so let me get this straight............the kid that played at Evadale as a Freshman and Sophomore and at East Chambers as a Junior and who is currently enrolled at HJ for his Senior season may end up going somewhere else before the season starts........ ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sounds a little fishy to me.........AAW, remember what I told you!!!! :D :D :D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="820066" timestamp="1279930453"]
Oh so let me get this straight............the kid that played at Evadale as a Freshman and Sophomore and at East Chambers as a Junior and who is currently enrolled at HJ for his Senior season may end up going somewhere else before the season starts........ ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sounds a little fishy to me.........AAW, remember what I told you!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote] Like I said right now we have no place to stay, just look it up we made the front page of the BMT paper when our home got hit by the tornado that hit Nome. Nothing fishy about that. But he will eather go live at Grandparents in Winnie, or back to his moms in Evadale, that is his only choices if I cant get our place fixed in time for school to start.Bacause I know that if he is not living there, someone will for sure turn him for not living withend the Dist. and I dont wont that to happen. I dont wont to cause trouble for the Basketball program in HJ. If he playes there he will forsure live there or were ever he playes. I just find it funny that you two know so much about this kid that did not even start at eather school that he has played for.

True Clueless, contrary to what you think, I haven't put down or attacked any kid on this messageboard. I have attacked comments that YOU have made in regards to some issues, I have questioned YOU on some things, and have called YOU out when YOU have posted inaccuracies. I have not directed any of my comments to your son. Only to YOU.

And I only know about your son by what YOU post on here. Of course, I do follow the local basketball scene pretty regular (kind of a necessary for my broadcasting, don't you think ::)) so I do get privy to some information from our area coaches and fans. ;)

But back to your thoughts on Silsbee, you first called them a "one man" team. Then picked them to finish 3rd in district, saying that Silsbee wasn't all that talented and that WOS had a ton of talent coming back. Now after watching Silsbee blow through the summer tourney, you want to crawfish a little. Keep in mind that Silsbee played that entire tourney without their starting PG and SG. Yet, after making your initial comments about Silsbee, you can't seem to see the error in your comments.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has their own opinion of how good or bad a team will be. But you can't seem to post anything with any kind of credibility to back up your assesments. Comments like "Silsbee will be just a one-man team" and " WOS has a bunch of talented players coming back" just prooves what little you actually know. Silsbee is far from a one-man team, most everyone knows this fact. As for WOS, how do you make those comments when in actuality WOS lost 4 senior starters and 8 of their top 11 players.

You sir are clueless.

Trueblue- If you want to be able to make your statements and not be criticized for it, regardless of what you say, change your name to Swag or Betrayed and you can say anything you want about any team or any player , and all will be fine.  In fact, you may well be praised for  "being passionate about basketball"

Well  how many times have you made stataments about my son and when and were he will play? And that he could not make this team are that team? But if you wont to stand behind this screen and make attacks that is your right. Me I stand in the middle of the room and make my oppions. And no one will ever have a hard time finding me. I have said that I did see Silsbee play some games and they looked to be a one man team, you told me that the hole team was not playing at that time so I SAID THAT I had not seen all the games and that if they had players not playing I might be wrong. And my prediction on WOS was baced on who their coach was going to be ,  but at that time he had not been named for sure so I could not say anything. But go back and read my post I have allways said that it was going to be at close year between all three teams.

[quote name="True Blue" post="820298" timestamp="1280029835"]
Well  how many times have you made stataments about my son and when and were he will play? And that he could not make this team are that team? But if you wont to stand behind this screen and make attacks that is your right. Me I stand in the middle of the room and make my oppions. And no one will ever have a hard time finding me. I have said that I did see Silsbee play some games and they looked to be a one man team, you told me that the hole team was not playing at that time so I SAID THAT I had not seen all the games and that if they had players not playing I might be wrong. And my prediction on WOS was baced on who their coach was going to be ,  but at that time he had not been named for sure so I could not say anything. But go back and read my post I have allways said that it was going to be at close year between all three teams.
[/quote]

Spell check please!!!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="820277" timestamp="1280022688"]
Trueblue- If you want to be able to make your statements and not be criticized for it, regardless of what you say, change your name to Swag or Betrayed and you can say anything you want about any team or any player , and all will be fine.  In fact, you may well be praised for  "being passionate about basketball"
[/quote] ::) ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami