UIL Announces Pre-Determined Sites for Football State Championship Games

[quote name="scooter!" post="812872" timestamp="1276629764"]
i hate it but i'll be right down the road in Abilene so i'll be able to make the trip.   8)
[/quote]

Well, you fastened on one of the things that I really don't like. Is that it gives the teams that are in that Region a home field advantage.  Could you imagine playing a Euless Trinity in Arlington?  And it would be the same having it in Reliant Stadium if Katy were playing. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="812885" timestamp="1276630362"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=70550.msg812872#msg812872 date=1276629764]
i hate it but i'll be right down the road in Abilene so i'll be able to make the trip.   8)
[/quote]

Well, you fastened on one of the things that I really don't like. Is that it gives the teams that are in that Region a home field advantage.  Could you imagine playing a Euless Trinity in Arlington?  And it would be the same having it in Reliant Stadium if Katy were playing. 
[/quote]Exactly. I remember when Katy played Longview in the dome i think in 97 and the whole darn dome was in red.

[quote name="Gabe" post="812955" timestamp="1276639402"]
So?? Most all other sports all play in Austin. Does that give an advantage to Austin area teams? If you don't want a Dallas area team playing in Dallas, beat em.
[/quote]

But that is the point! Under the current system, in football, anyway, if it was thought that the Austin team would get an advantage, opposing coach would have a couple of means to prevent the game from being played in Austin (coin flip or agree to neutral site).  However, if the final game this year finds you facing a Euless Trinity, a Highland Park or a Celina, which you would have no chance of eliminating from the playoffs because of the brackets, in the state championship game, you are out of luck  (and yes I had to edit that last part to comply with SETXsports.com board rules).

No big deal driven to Georgetown,San Antonio Alamodome,Waco,Austin to hoot for dem Broncos and driven to Dallas many times to watch a semi-final and final game just for fun incl.the Red River Shootout.What kid doesn't want to play on the turf of Texas finest Dallas Cowboys.Plus to have it televised makes my older parents happy that could not make the trip.You can bounce kids against a rock and they'll pop right back up-I'll never understand why they drink those energy drinks ;) ;D ::)

U.I.L. announces State Championship Sites
The schedule for each championship football game in 2010 is listed below:

Shotwell Stadium – Abilene
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Conference 1A 6-Man Division II – 2:00 p.m.
Conference 1A 6-Man Division I – 7:00 p.m.

Cowboys Stadium – Arlington
Friday, December 10, 2010
Conference 3A Division I – 7:30 p.m.

Friday, December 17, 2010
Conference 3A Division II – 4:00 p.m.
Conference 4A Division II – 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, December 18, 2010
Conference 4A Division I – 12:00 p.m.
Conference 5A Division II – 4:00 p.m.
Conference 5A Division I – 8:00 p.m.

Vernon Newsom Stadium – Mansfield
Friday, December 17, 2010
Conference 1A Division II – 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, December 18, 2010
Conference 1A Division I – 12:00 p.m.
Conference 2A Division II – 4:00 p.m.
Conference 2A Division I – 8:00 p.m.

The 2010-11 season marks the first time all conference championship football games will be played at a pre-determined location.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder