2010 GT PONY Pinto All Star Tourney

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orange beat Vidor Gold on Wednesday to advance to the Thursday.  Orange came out strong in Game 1.  I think they were ahead 5-1 after 1.  I do not think that they ever trailed, but I do think we came back and tied it up a couple of times.  They won 15-11.  And forced a second game.  Vidor was able to get out to a very good start in Game 2 and managed to hold on to get the win 10-6.  There was some great baseball played by both teams.

Kudos to all the boys, coaches, and fans that made the tournament a success.  And thanks to LD an the entire "field crew" who made the tournament possible.

I hope we will represent the Golden Triangle well in Dallas next week.

[quote]It does not surprise me. The fence out at our park is 150 down the lines and 175 in center. You add an 8' tall fence and it takes a pretty good shot to get it out. The wind blows in most of the time in the summer.[/quote]

Just to Clarify: 

The Vidor Shetland/Pinto park is 140' to the left pole, 140' 6" to the right pole and 172' in straight away center field.  In actuality, the center of the outfield is an intersection of 2 fences and that figure is more like 162'-169' to most of center field, other than that one anchor pole in dead center field.

Also, the fence is 6'10" tall.

The bats finally came alive in the last 3 nights or tournament play, Big Poppa had 2-3, another Vidor player had 1, Gilbert wound up with 4 in 2 games.

• 2 weeks later...
I am sad to report that our State Tournament performance in Irving was not what we hoped for.  We lost our first two games 18-12 and 24-23. 

I am still proud of those boys, but wish we could have done better in representing the Golden Triangle.

Speaking as a dad from Orange with two Bronco leaguers...you did the Triangle proud already....good luck to those kids in the future.

[quote name="daddy23" post="819341" timestamp="1279674416"]
I am sad to report that our State Tournament performance in Irving was not what we hoped for.  We lost our first two games 18-12 and 24-23. 

I am still proud of those boys, but wish we could have done better in representing the Golden Triangle.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86