2010 GT PONY Pinto All Star Tourney

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not sleep this morning and drove from Sour Lake over to Vidor to check out the field...........it is INCREDIBLE for the amount of rain that we have received............special thanks to Larry and his crew for getting to field in great shape for the tournament...........now we just need the rain to stay away!!!

Vidor #1 advances in the first game.
TC #1 had a exciting come from behind victory in Game 2.
Then the game of the day was Groves#1 over Orange #1.  Extra innings and in the end, it was one run game.  And thank heavens the picther turned out to be ok and did not need to go to hospital after being checked out by the Paramedics.
Vidor #2 gets the win in the last game.

Tommorow's Games:

1:30 Groves #2  vs  Orange #2
3:30 Orange #1  vs  TC #2
5:30 Vidor #1    vs  TC #1
7:30 Groves #1  vs  Vidor #2

Good Luck to Everyone Tommorow.

Congrats to the teams tonight.  I thought that the 7 run comeback by the Vidor 2 all stars against Groves was exciting.  I thought Groves had the game but Vidor rallied to score 10 in the 6th to take a 3 run lead.  The score before the inning was 12-5.  Great game -- ended 15-14. 

Not sure any of the teams will challenge Vidor 1.  A big reason is that Vidor has done a good job of keeping the core together and incorporating select baseball with league rather than lose players altogether. 

I know a lot has been said, but, again, the field looks great.  Wow.  Great work and kudos to the entire field crew. 

Monday will highlight rematches of two of the best games on Saturday.

Groves A vs Orange A
Twin County A  vs  Orange B

And while these two games should be very good, I have to question why the brackets don't switch to avoid rematches in Round 3. 

Also, I want everyone to know that Vidor has no control over who is Umpiring.  The Umpires are chosen by the PONY Directors.

Good Luck to Everyone who is left.  And kudos to TC who whipped us for 2 innings (I am just glad that we got to play three more  ;))

Every kid played very well tonight in the last game.  Both teams brought it.  I however want to give a HUGE congradulations to two of our boys tonight from Jefferson County.  Both of them hit out of the park home runs.  This is a big achievement for the both of them as it was their firsts ones to hit.  Congradulations Reagan and Miguel.

[quote name="jesusfreak" post="816147" timestamp="1278304458"]
Can anyone confirm that "big poppy" went yard?

I heard he did, but I'm not sure I can trust the source....   ;)
[/quote]

Yes he did and in my opinion it was the turning point of the game.........Vidor is the better team, but TC had them down and worried early!!!!!!  Wish it was a two inning game!!!!!  LOL!!!!

Congrats Big Poppy!!!!!

[quote name="jesusfreak" post="816147" timestamp="1278304458"]
Can anyone confirm that "big poppy" went yard?

I heard he did, but I'm not sure I can trust the source....   ;)
[/quote] :D :D :D    actually Jesusfreak its "Big Poppa" !!! thankyou Pirate68, and I heard it was a good game Lazeek...wish i could have seen it.

Lazeek...what a great prediction.

But let's look a little further back.  How does your pre-tournament rankings look right now.  I think my top 4 teams are still alive.  Although I had Orange ahead of Vidor 2.

But TC and Orange looked very good tonight.  There are nothing but solid teams left.

If I am talking to someone from TC, I am taking TC over Orange and Vidor over Vidor.  If I am talking to someone from Orange, then I am taking Orange over TC and Vidor over Vidor.  ;)

But I gave Orange the edge in the Pre-Tourney Rankings.  Both Orange and TC hit the ball very well last night.  I think the team that can keep hitting the longest tonight will win.  It is just hard to keep the bats rocking for 6 full innings.  I think it will be a good game.  But then again I thought Orange vs Groves last night would have been much closer than it was.

[quote]Now, how come you get your entire infield in a huddle for timeout and I only got three kids???[/quote]

It's not just you that suffers from that.  It has happened in both games with Orange A vs Groves A.  I guess they don't want the underdogs to strategize, lol.

Orange A came to play last night and we were not ready to go home just yet.  Our bats were alive all night and some very timely outfield catches held Groves to 3 runs.  We took care of those infield flys far better as well.

I am suprised that young Gilbert has not hit 5-6 out of this park, he is a little off stride but he might wake up tonight and send a few deep into the trees.  Tims has been banging the ball into the Orange fence(150') in practice but he too has been in a funk with the stick.  Bernard is begging for pitches at his knees(he thinks it is his wheelhouse) but Gilbert keeps him honest, lol.

It has been a great event even though our first game did not go as planned.  Vidor has hosted very well and the field is perfect.  I love the commentary, that alone is worth the price of admission.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="816419" timestamp="1278432662"]
I agree MJB..........I am shocked that only 3 balls have been hit out of the park in the tournament!!!!!! 
[/quote]It does not surprise me. The fence out at our park is 150 down the lines and 175 in center. You add an 8' tall fence and it takes a pretty good shot to get it out. The wind blows in most of the time in the summer.

Orange #1 came back to defeat TC #1 tonight 21-20 in 6 innings...........sad that the season is over for the TC kids and for my son Colin.  However he did make his old man proud tonight as he did hit a 3 run bomb in the 1st inning!!!!!  Congrats Colin!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Congrats to Colin and Big Pop (with an a or a y) who both went yard tonight.

I thought Twin County was going to get the win, but hats off to Orange on a great comeback. 

Vidor vs Orange tommorow in the Semi-Final game.  Either team could win.  I just hope the weather continues to cooperate.  We tarped the field tonight, expecting the worst.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86