Lamar Heads to Fort Worth

Guest baseball25
mm I hope Lamar throws there lefty, he has more dominant stuff and could beat a top team maybe if he keeps the ball down in the zone and gets ahead in the count, I don't think Smith or Harrington can beat TCU, they don't have the stuff to beat them in my Opinion so best bet is to throw the lefty.

Guest baseball25
This and ou regional prob easiest regionals of all, Arizona and Baylor barley got in, so not a bad Regional for Lamar.

[quote name="baseball25" post="808145" timestamp="1275418045"]
This and ou regional prob easiest regionals of all, Arizona and Baylor barley got in, so not a bad Regional for Lamar.
[/quote]

There it is...always have to get the jab in.  I am glad that you were sitting in that meeting with the NCAA selection committee when they decided that Arizona who ended year ranked 28th and Baylor barely got in.  What is it that you cannot stand about Lamar besides G.  I was approached by someone on Monday about your posts.  Enough already.  Get a life or at least be happy and find something positive to say.

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="808337" timestamp="1275451460"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=70182.msg808145#msg808145 date=1275418045]
[/quote]

There it is...always have to get the jab in.  I am glad that you were sitting in that meeting with the NCAA selection committee when they decided that Arizona who ended year ranked 28th and Baylor barely got in.  What is it that you cannot stand about Lamar besides G.  I was approached by someone on Monday about your posts.  Enough already.  Get a life or at least be happy and find something positive to say.
[/quote]

All he was saying was that he likes Lamar's chances a little better in this regional than another.. There's a lot more solid regionals than this one. I think Lamar can win it.

Guest baseball25
It's just the truth lol, baseball America and yahoo sports said same thing, that this regional isn't that hard and you have two teams that barley got in and they were bubble teams lol, just the truth it's no big deal if there in a easy Regional hopefully it helps Lamar, so stop getting uptight and just be realistic for once. That is what's wrong with people these days there not realistic and that's all i'm being, it's common sense stuff. I don't see where Arizona is ranked 28 lol they were 3-7 in there last 10 games and ended up 33-22 for the season. I mean this is good for lamar, easier regional for them the better.

Kendall rogers of yahoo sports on [b]Arizona makes the field, Kentucky doesn’t[/b]: We missed exactly one team in the entire field of 64 this season. That team was Kentucky, which didn’t earn a regional bid. Arizona, though, was our last team out and it was in the NCAA tournament field. The inclusion of Arizona certainly is interesting to say the least. The Wildcats lost their last six series of the season, including a dismal home series loss to Cal State Bakersfield. Arizona also compiled just a 12-14 mark against RPI top 50 teams. Weiser said Monday that Arizona’s two series wins over Cal State Fullerton and Washington State earlier in the season helped their case. Never mind the fact it finished the season on a sour note and seventh in the Pac-10. Kentucky, meanwhile, missed the field despite having a fantastic RPI and 16 wins against RPI top 50 teams. UK, though, lost 18 games against RPI top 50 opponents, too.

a-

Guest baseball25
They played really good in southland tourney, but there playing tcu,Baylor or Arizona, you gotta play great baseball to beat teams like that, so hopefully they can get a couple of wins, bec like I said earler tcu has lost games to air force this yr and Lamar is better than air force, it's all about pitching when you get to regionals can Lamars pitching be dominant and thats going to be iffy in my opinion.

Just a look at the past regionals

2004 (RICE)
Texas A&M (L, 14-3)
Rice (L, 6-3)

2003 (AUSTIN)
Arkansas (W, 3-2)
Texas (L, 7-3)
Arkansas (W, 7-3)
Texas (W, 6-2)
Texas (L, 6-3)

2002 (AUSTIN)
Baylor (L, 4-2)
Central Conn. St. (W, 9-4)
Baylor (L, 10-9)

1995 (WICHITA)
Wichita St. (W, 13-11)
Stanford (L, 8-1)
Wichita St. (W, 4-1)
Stanford (L, 16-9)

1993 (COLLEGE STATION)
UCLA (L, 6-1)
Texas A&M (L, 10-5)

1987 (AUSTIN)
Texas (L, 6-5)
Indiana St. (L, 10-5)

1985 (AUSTIN)
Oklahoma (L, 10-5)
LSU (W, 4-3)
Oklahoma (W, 7-5)
Texas (L, 10-2)

1984 (AUSTIN)
Texas (L, 6-0)
Oklahoma (W, 4-3)
UNLV (W, 10-5)
Texas (L, 6-5)

1981 (AUSTIN)
Stanford (W, 6-5)
Texas (L, 3-2)
Stanford (L, 9-1)

1979 (AUSTIN)
BYU (W, 3-2)
Texas (L, 6-4)
BYU (L, 7-4)

1977 (ARLINGTON)
Miami (OH) (L, 1-0)
New Orleans (L, 5-2)

1976 (ARLLINGTON)
Texas (L, 3-2)
Miami (L, 6-0)

[quote name="baseball25" post="808350" timestamp="1275478088"]
It's just the truth lol, baseball America and yahoo sports said same thing, that this regional isn't that hard and you have two teams that barley got in and they were bubble teams lol, just the truth it's no big deal if there in a easy Regional hopefully it helps Lamar, so stop getting uptight and just be realistic for once. That is what's wrong with people these days there not realistic and that's all i'm being, it's common sense stuff. I don't see where Arizona is ranked 28 lol they were 3-7 in there last 10 games and ended up 33-22 for the season. I mean this is good for lamar, easier regional for them the better.

Kendall rogers of yahoo sports on [b]Arizona makes the field, Kentucky doesn’t[/b]: We missed exactly one team in the entire field of 64 this season. That team was Kentucky, which didn’t earn a regional bid. Arizona, though, was our last team out and it was in the NCAA tournament field. The inclusion of Arizona certainly is interesting to say the least. The Wildcats lost their last six series of the season, including a dismal home series loss to Cal State Bakersfield. Arizona also compiled just a 12-14 mark against RPI top 50 teams. Weiser said Monday that Arizona’s two series wins over Cal State Fullerton and Washington State earlier in the season helped their case. Never mind the fact it finished the season on a sour note and seventh in the Pac-10. Kentucky, meanwhile, missed the field despite having a fantastic RPI and 16 wins against RPI top 50 teams. UK, though, lost 18 games against RPI top 50 opponents, too.

a-
[/quote]

Look on NCAA.com and look at rankings  as of may 30th -  ranked 24th  down from 21st the previous week Arizona Pacific-10

It does not matter what YAHOO, Bahoo or Espn or anyone else but the NCAA as far as who gets in.  They had us at Texas too seeded 3rd.  Realistic...Every year teams do not get in that some think should.

[quote name="geep06" post="808622" timestamp="1275543253"]
They are still playing!!!!  That's a positive thing!  Funny game the game of baseball.  Doubt many of you had Lamar in the regional at all.  Go CARDS!!!
[/quote]

You sound like my brother in law.  He said the exact same thing.  This is baseball and it is the team that shows up that is more likely to win.  Anyone can win or lose any given game

Guest baseball25
Arizona isn't ranked, your looking at rpi, baseball America,rivals, coaches poll, cbn poll they have no arizona in top 25 for may 31, i know my college baseball and have followed it 24/7 And all my life I know if someone is ranked are not, and if they were a bubble team, and Lamar was never projected a num 3 seed lol I know that for a fact, 35-24 team from southland that finish 7th in conf would never be proj as a 3 seed that's common sense stuff.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder