Stone Pondering Resignation

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone has been talking for years about going into administration.  Sad to see him go though, not many coaches in Texas can match his resume.  Good Luck in your future Coach, and enjoy getting to watch Austin play his senior year.

Guest gladiator2
I heard Faircloth may have a good baseball guy coming this way. I had been hearing that Brevell would be taking over when Stone decided to call it quits. I would hope that the job is posted because it will be a job that will be highly sought after. PNG will definately miss Stone. He has also looked out for his future indian's in the past. Anytime our all-star teams or select team's needed a dry place to practice, all that we had to do is make a phone call and Stone would open up the gym. Thank's Coach Stone for all that you have done for PNG and your community!

Coach Stone will be missed in the baseball community. He was a no nonsense baseball purist. As phatmack mentioned, his resume will be hard to touch. He brought Nederland twice to Austin, PNG once I believe. If you seen a team that was disciplined, played defense, and bunted runners over, then it was probably a Coach Stone team.

Is he staying on staff as a teacher and just leaving the coaching position or is he leaving PN-G altogether?

This is a tough loss. Coach Stone has produced some excellent baseball teams and made some deep playoff runs. There's a reason football isn't the only thing mentioned when talking about PN-G's top quality athletic programs.

Guest JoesBros
I know the rumor has been out there for a couple of months and honestly I would of expect him to stay one more year. Guess a certain media outlet (not TV) jumped the gun a little too early  ;)

[quote name="ndndad" post="808108" timestamp="1275412022"]
He told the players he was done on the bus after the game. Apparently it got pretty emotional. This comes from several of the boys, so pretty credible.
[/quote]

Still would rather hear or see it come from Stone himself

[quote name="Gabe" post="808152" timestamp="1275419674"]
I could tell a co-worker I'm quitting right now but wouldn't only be official if and when I told my boss and officially put in my resignation and made it public?

[/quote]

I agree with you, but if somone reports that you told a co-worker you quit followed by "If this info is true...."  then whats the problem?  Again, I'm assuming you guys are talking about the story on another site if this is not the case then I apologize.  I just dont see the issue here thats just how I read it.

I agree whats the big deal. If the man did not want it to get out then he should not have said it to high school kids on a bus. Did he tell them not to tell anyone???? It just seems to me people are making a big deal out of nothing. We will know soon enough one way or the other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833