Texas Ball Brats

I just started this thread to see if anyone has heard of the Texas Ball Brats on here? The reason I ask is that I have only seen one instance of them and that was back in 2008. Y'all do know that they are one of the Colorado bound teams, right?

[quote name="rschuldt" post="807131" timestamp="1275134715"]
I just started this thread to see if anyone has heard of the Texas Ball Brats on here? The reason I ask is that I have only seen one instance of them and that was back in 2008. Y'all do know that they are one of the Colorado bound teams, right?
[/quote]

Nope, didn't know that!

The Texas Ball Brats are a group that forms a 16U team in SE Texas. I am just a friend of one of the players, but from what I can find, here is this year's list of team members and where they are from:

Tarkington-                          New Caney-                       Dayton-

Destiny Kennedy                   Sadie Evans                       Brittney Morrison
Hannah Jackson                    Cassie Smith
Chelsea Burns                       Jessica Perkins
Shelbi Chambers
Shannon Green
Kendra Caswell
Megan Noel

As for the coaches, I am not sure. They are going to the National Competition this year in Colorado and also won the 8th Annual Fun In The Sun tournament at Pedigo Park in Livingston last year.

Let me be the first to say ....( what we are all Thinking ) !

It sounds like you have a really awsome team,  Going to the national tournament in Colorado and all,
and it also appears that there is a big ol' CONGRATULATIONS !!!  due for winning that Fun in the Sun Tournament.  16U is a very important age group for gaining college exposure and it sure looks like your team is on their way.  Good Luck and Best Wishes from all of us here on SETXsports.com.

..... I hope I am not speaking out of turn.....

Here is what I can find for this year:

[list]
[*]Brittney Morrison was 2nd team first base.
[*]Destiny Kennedy was 2nd team short stop.
[*]Megan Noel was an honorable mention.
[/list]

So there are a few on the team who have all-district honors, not many though.

Just came back from Moss Hill. The Ball Brats were panhandling at the caution light. I was conducting some business in the parking lot of Simply Country Cooking, when I noticed them in their orange and black. I swung around and gave them their first donation for the trip to Colorado. Good luck to the Ball Brats on their Colorado adventure.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="rschuldt" post="813552" timestamp="1276871170"]
Does anyone know when the Colorado tournament takes place?
[/quote]Are you talking about the CO Indy or Fireworks tournament or some other tournament? I didn't see, nor did I expect to see, the TX Ball Brats listed on the Indy or Fireworks site. If this is a new team, it is highly unlikely they would have registered for Indy or FW in time (need to register at least 1 year prior to the next year's event) or, most importantly, that there is any credibile history for acceptance, unless you have someone involved with enough clout to pull some strings. Fireworks doesn't mind holding onto your money though after you've been declined!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder