**PN-G vs. Galena Park playoff Series Updates..INDIANS ADVANCE!!!**

As for the next games that only time will tell,but for tonight I agree with the fat kid from GP with no shirt on when he got moved by the popo's to his side and he held up some keys in the 6th inning and said to PNG side"Time to start the bus it's a long drive back to the reservation"......Hey GCMPats,it was good chatting some baseball with you tonight... ;)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gladiator2
Don't look for PNG to just hand the game over to you next time either. I believe we had 7 errors and gave up one earned run. I look for 2 lopsided games on Friday with PNG advancing to the next round. I'd win the series before getting too happy. We've been here before!

[quote name="games24x7" post="798450" timestamp="1273163254"]
Don't look for PNG to just hand the game over to you next time either. I believe we had 7 errors and gave up one earned run. I look for 2 lopsided games on Friday with PNG advancing to the next round. I'd win the series before getting too happy. We've been here before!
[/quote]

Dont count on that lopsided game
GP is scrappy it should be a closer scored game but if you make errors you will pay
194A keeps rollin
GP 5  PNG  3
See ya

[quote name="GCMPats" post="798499" timestamp="1273171974"]
No love for the Goose!

It's OK. We ain't mad at-cha.
[/quote]

We all love Goose Pats......baked, fried, BBQ...... ;D  ;D  GCM gonna win one tonight.....Nederland going down too! 

Goose pitched a hell of a game and if GP wants to stay winning they have to play their game and let the other team make mistakes as for me i will be there on friday to see them play and i plan on being painted up again and PNG fans if u dont like it dont show up as for talking I am not going to let the scoreboard talk for itself

Indians must win two tonight or season’s over

The Port Arthur News

BAYTOWN -- The Port Neches-Groves Indians baseball team fell apart in a 11-4 loss in Wednesday night's bi-district matchup with Galena Park. Fortunate for the Tribe, they had Thursday to regroup and refocus for Game 2 today at 4 p.m. at Baytown Sterling High School.

The Indians will need back-to-back wins today to advance to the area round of the Class 4A state tournament where they will either face San Marcos or Waller.

With much help from four critical errors from PN-G's defense, GP turned a 2-0 deficit into a 6-2 lead over the third, fourth and fifth innings Wednesday night. The Tribe was charged with seven miscues in the contest.

But PN-G manager Jay Stone said his team understands what's done is done and it is time to move forward.

"We're going to go out and have a good workout today, a good defensive workout," said Stone in a phone interview Thursday afternoon. "We've told the kids to put (Wednesday) behind us."

Stone's bunch dropped to 18-9 for the season while the Yellow Jackets moved to 17-10 and a game away from eliminating District 20-4A's second place team. GP finished third in District 19-4A, which is already 1-0 against 20-4A teams after Crosby pummeled Vidor 7-1 on Wednesday in a winner-take-all playoff.

Stone is confident his team can force a third game and put away the Yellow Jackets, who got seven innings out of Efren Garcia in Game 1. Meanwhile, Austin Stone (4.1 innings), Blake Reyenga (1.2 innings) and Alex Anderson (one inning) split the workload for the Indians.

Senior right-hander Chris Sweetenham will take the hill for the Tribe in Game 2. He has an 8-2 record with a 1.45 earned run average.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder