Which area school has the best chance to go to state?

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

Which area school has the best chance to go to state?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which area school has the best chance to go to state?

• Orangefield
    • Jasper
    • Nederland
    • Bridge City
    • PNG

Jasper has great pitching and an amazing defence.
they have a solid lineup with pop.
they'll go a long way.
they'll probably meet up with orangefield in regional finals,
should be a great series.
orangefield has great pitching and can hit with the best of any 3a team out there.

and nederland will go as far as bellow will carry them! which by my guess, is a long way.

Im with Aggiesarewe.  The Rebels, in my opinion, have the best chance in our area to go all the way.  Most folks around here dont put much stock in 1A baseball, but you have one of the best teams in 1A teams in your back yard.  Out of the teams in the poll, I would say that its going to come down to Jasper or Orangefield.  Both teams can flat out play. But if I was a bettin man,  I would bet on the Rebels.

[quote name="Just A Guy" post="797067" timestamp="1272840127"]
Evadale will lose in the 3rd round. Jasper has a good chance as long as they play to their potential. They have had some down games this year and we all know those kill you in the playoffs.

[/quote]
What makes you think this.  Do you know something that we dont. I have seen alot of ball this year and while the Rebels are not the best team in our area, I believe they are the best team in our area as per classifications.

[quote name="Hookem17" post="797071" timestamp="1272840481"]
[quote author=Just A Guy link=topic=69336.msg797067#msg797067 date=1272840127]
Evadale will lose in the 3rd round. Jasper has a good chance as long as they play to their potential. They have had some down games this year and we all know those kill you in the playoffs.

[/quote]
What makes you think this.  Do you know something that we dont. I have seen alot of ball this year and while the Rebels are not the best team in our area, I believe they are the best team in our area as per classifications.
[/quote]

In your round 3, which is actually round 4, you will get the winner (most likely) of Overton and Maud.  IMO, If you get past one of these two teams you will have a great shot at the finals.

Good Luck!!!

[quote name="Just A Guy" post="797067" timestamp="1272840127"]

[/quote]
i take it you ether havnt seen evadale play or u just dont no much about baseball.... bc the rebels r good real good... there r 4 boys on that team that will be playing D1 ball in 2 years... and u want 2 say they aint got a chanch maybe u should go watch them play one of there warm up games

[quote name="True Blue" post="797128" timestamp="1272853293"]

[/quote]
i take it you ether havnt seen evadale play or u just dont no much about baseball.... bc the rebels r good real good... there r 4 boys on that team that will be playing D1 ball in 2 years... and u want 2 say they aint got a chanch maybe u should go watch them play one of there warm up games
[/quote]
All I have to say about this quote is LOL! (only about grammar....not Evadale!)

[quote name="1696dogs" post="797053" timestamp="1272838234"]
Luckily Nederland has Bellow & Laird to carry them. It has been a 2 man rotation all year and it makes me sad when Cody doesn't get the credit he deserves.
[/quote]

I'll back you up on that 1696...Laird has had a so-so season of 11-0...not too bad...Cody has been very effective this year and this gives Nederland a 1-2 punch on the mound as good as any

[quote name="Razor" post="797217" timestamp="1272889541"]
[quote author=1696dogs link=topic=69336.msg797053#msg797053 date=1272838234]
Luckily Nederland has Bellow & Laird to carry them. It has been a 2 man rotation all year and it makes me sad when Cody doesn't get the credit he deserves.
[/quote]

I'll back you up on that 1696...Laird has had a so-so season of 11-0...not too bad...Cody has been very effective this year and this gives Nederland a 1-2 punch on the mound as good as any
[/quote]And a big "O" FAT BENCH ..Are should I say a bench that is very thick with pitching..And it does help when a pitcher can relax knowing what type of defence is behind him...GO DOGS ;D And a few good hitters ::)

[quote name="hfaninthestands" post="797144" timestamp="1272854612"]

[/quote]
there r 4 boys on that team that will be playing D1 ball in 2 years...
[/quote]

:dontknowifserious:

[/quote]
dusin potts, billy nichols, tyler tucker, and chase franklin will all go play D1.... and you want 2 say something about my spelling? i got the point across didnt i and i guess you were 2 stupid 2 think of something else 2 say so u thought about spell... how bout u go 2 school if u want 2 talk bout spelling

[quote name="jdb***" post="797095" timestamp="1272847010"]
[quote author=Hookem17 link=topic=69336.msg797071#msg797071 date=1272840481]

[/quote]
[/quote]

In your round 3, which is actually round 4, you will get the winner (most likely) of Overton and Maud.  IMO, If you get past one of these two teams you will have a great shot at the finals.

Good Luck!!!
[/quote]

you mean overton maud lost 9 starters last year I doubt that maud will give overton a run and I do think Evadale will prevail Evadale has a outstanding offence and deep pitching staff in a 3 game series they can beat anybody in 1a

I hope evadale does make it I just think the northern part of the region is to tough. Evadale and Chester are both small local schools that if they play to potential they could meet each other. And not to start a fight but Ill bet my life savings right now that 4 players dont go D1 off a 1A squad. If this were the case they could walk backwards to the state title. But good luck to all area schools. See you in austin if any make it!

Evadale does have som good quality players.  That is a fact, but they would have to attend a JUCO for atleast 1 year before they would be ready for a D1 college.  Not saying that they cant, just saying that it is a huge jump from 1A baseball to a D1 school. Best of luck to the Rebels in the playoffs.

[quote name="SATCHEL" post="797341" timestamp="1272909799"]
[quote author=jdb*** link=topic=69336.msg797095#msg797095 date=1272847010]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Good Luck!!!
[/quote]

you mean overton maud lost 9 starters last year I doubt that maud will give overton a run and I do think Evadale will prevail Evadale has a outstanding offence and deep pitching staff in a 3 game series they can beat anybody in 1a
[/quote]

Really??? Maud lost 6 starters from last year and they are 18 and 2 on the year.  But hey, you may be right.  It won't be long now and we can see.

Guest Dwight
[quote name="jdb***" post="797596" timestamp="1272947999"]
[quote author=SATCHEL link=topic=69336.msg797341#msg797341 date=1272909799]
[quote author=jdb*** link=topic=69336.msg797095#msg797095 date=1272847010]

[/quote]
What makes you think this.  Do you know something that we dont. I have seen alot of ball this year and while the Rebels are not the best team in our area, I believe they are the best team in our area as per classifications.
[/quote]

Good Luck!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really??? Maud lost 6 starters from last year and they are 18 and 2 on the year.  But hey, you may be right.  It won't be long now and we can see.

[/quote]Probably should listen to jdb. He knows alot more about the teams up in that area than we do....just sayin..

[quote name="True Blue" post="797288" timestamp="1272902035"]
[quote author=hfaninthestands link=topic=69336.msg797144#msg797144 date=1272854612]

[/quote]
there r 4 boys on that team that will be playing D1 ball in 2 years...
[/quote]

:dontknowifserious:

[/quote]
dusin potts, billy nichols, tyler tucker, and chase franklin will all go play D1.... and you want 2 say something about my spelling? i got the point across didnt i and i guess you were 2 stupid 2 think of something else 2 say so u thought about spell... how bout u go 2 school if u want 2 talk bout spelling

[/quote]
i honestly can not understand this post, lol!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin