Orangefield Bobcats 2010 21-3A District Champs!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="797012" timestamp="1272824585"]
Orangefield is the best 3A team in Region III. (because I say so) ;)

But being the best doesn't always get you to Austin. You have to get some breaks.
[/quote]I can't say if they are the best team in the region because I have only seen
teams from district 21 .. But you are 100% correct on the breaks part..Dozens of times
I have seen the better teams go home because of bad breaks...

[quote name="Bobcat55" post="796954" timestamp="1272809795"]
Tejas did you know that Cameron Yoe did not even make the playoffs? You are right we will see against Cuero but please don't come onthe this post where so far everyone has been positive amd try to stir up stuff. Orangefield and Bridge City are two fine baseball teams and the list you put are also good but let O'field have their day.
[/quote]

You have your opinion and I have mine.  Orangefield has a good team, the best they've had in a long while, but I look for a team that has been there, done that to make it to Austin.  Jasper and Carthage are the first that come to mind.  Orangefield don't have horses on the mound to play at Dell Diamond.

Congrats to the Field on a great year though.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Tejas" post="797445" timestamp="1272925467"]
[quote author=Bobcat55 link=topic=69288.msg796954#msg796954 date=1272809795]
Tejas did you know that Cameron Yoe did not even make the playoffs? You are right we will see against Cuero but please don't come onthe this post where so far everyone has been positive amd try to stir up stuff. Orangefield and Bridge City are two fine baseball teams and the list you put are also good but let O'field have their day.
[/quote]

You have your opinion and I have mine.  Orangefield has a good team, the best they've had in a long while, but I look for a team that has been there, done that to make it to Austin.  Jasper and Carthage are the first that come to mind.   Orangefield don't have horses on the mound to play at Dell Diamond.

[/quote]

Of course you have yours, Long while I don't think so. According to you unless they go to state they don't have the horses. Sometimes it is about the yearlings. Well let me enlighten you. We beat Jasper in 2005 and went to the regional quarterfinals and lost to BC. In 2009 met BC in the area round and lost. The BC teams went pretty far. Our kids play baseball in the BC little league. BC little league is top notch. One of the best in the state IMO. We do not have as many kids as they do. So if we are a one year wonder then so be it. The kids have earned that. We went to the state tournament in 1990. According to you ( Jasper) is a team that has been there and done that many times. Please enlighten me again. Jasper went to the state tournament when and when was they there before? Please give me a history lesson. Yes I know jasper went in the 2000's  and was glad they won. All about southeast texas. Orangefield went in the 90's. Your point?

[/quote]

You have your opinion and I have mine.  Orangefield has a good team, the best they've had in a long while, but I look for a team that has been there, done that to make it to Austin.  Jasper and Carthage are the first that come to mind.   Orangefield don't have horses on the mound to play at [b]Dell Diamond[/b].

[/quote]
I sure am glad 3A plays at Disch-Falk and not Dell Diamond then!  Have you seen Statum or Angelle?  Two quality left handers.  I think they can hold their own in a 3 game series.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Cat22" post="797515" timestamp="1272937454"]
People have been saying all year that Orangefield is overrated and has not played anyone!!  Please keep thinking that!!
[/quote]

I promise you the teams in 21 3A don't think they are over rated.

Guys you are getting all worked up over what someone puts on a message board. Let the kids play and decide who is over-rated. There are SEVERAL teams that can come out of REGION III because it is loaded with talent. Like several have said on this message board it takes a little luck but the main thing is moving left on the bracket. Who ever represents region III i hope the win it all. Best of luck to all.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat55" post="797551" timestamp="1272940339"]
Guys you are getting all worked up over what someone puts on a message board. Let the kids play and decide who is over-rated. There are SEVERAL teams that can come out of REGION III because it is loaded with talent. Like several have said on this message board it takes a little luck but the main thing is moving left on the bracket. Who ever represents region III i hope the win it all. Best of luck to all.
[/quote]

I agree, good post.

This was one of the best games of baseball i have seen in a long time....Congrat's to the Orangefield Bobcats on a great win and a District Championship!!!!  It's all about the TEAM - keep your heads up and focus and take it one game at a TIME!!!!!

Great job Coach Bennett!!!!!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="tjcfan08" post="797640" timestamp="1272980313"]
This was one of the best games of baseball i have seen in a long time....Congrat's to the Orangefield Bobcats on a great win and a District Championship!!!!  It's all about the TEAM - keep your heads up and focus and take it one game at a TIME!!!!!

Great job Coach Bennett!!!!!
[/quote]

Good post.

[/quote]

You have your opinion and I have mine.  Orangefield has a good team, the best they've had in a long while, but I look for a team that has been there, done that to make it to Austin.  Jasper and Carthage are the first that come to mind.   Orangefield don't have horses on the mound to play at Dell Diamond.

[/quote]

I think what Tejas was trying to say was that Jasper and Carthage's programs are on a roll as far as the playoffs and state tournament. Throughout the 2000s they were always in the mix to make it to Austin and did so. Both of them have won a state title. Coaching is a huge factor in this, but it is ultimately up to the kids.  There is a "swagger" passed down from older kids to younger kids that are in a winning program.  This "swagger" comes from experience and success. Say anything you want, but if a program is consistantly winning in the playoffs and advancing year in and year out, they have a definite advantage against a "new" team.  I'm with Tejas. I always look for an established program to make it to Austin. One that has "been there and done that".  Look at a list of the teams that made it to the state tournament in the last decade.  There are alot of teams that are regulars on that list.  With that being said, I think that Orangefield is definitely a program on the rise.  They have a great coach and a ton of talented kids coming up.  They definitely have the talent to make it to Austin this year, but I hope they realize that it won't be an easy task.  I'm rooting for you guys!!! There are alot of deserving kids on that team that had a spectacular year!

[quote name="bleed orange" post="797496" timestamp="1272935414"]
[quote author=Tejas link=topic=69288.msg797445#msg797445 date=1272925467]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course you have yours, Long while I don't think so. According to you unless they go to state they don't have the horses. Sometimes it is about the yearlings. Well let me enlighten you. We beat Jasper in 2005 and went to the regional quarterfinals and lost to BC. In 2009 met BC in the area round and lost. The BC teams went pretty far. Our kids play baseball in the BC little league. BC little league is top notch. One of the best in the state IMO. We do not have as many kids as they do. So if we are a one year wonder then so be it. The kids have earned that. We went to the state tournament in 1990. According to you ( Jasper) is a team that has been there and done that many times. Please enlighten me again. Jasper went to the state tournament when and when was they there before? Please give me a history lesson. Yes I know jasper went in the 2000's  and was glad they won. All about southeast texas. Orangefield went in the 90's. Your point?
[/quote]

Random fact #1: Bobcats are small, but they have a very deep and fearsome growl.

Random Fact #2: Bobcats can kill prey that are eight times their own weight.

Random Fact #3: Anything can happen in the game of baseball.

Go Bobcats!

[quote name="bleed orange" post="797496" timestamp="1272935414"]
[quote author=Tejas link=topic=69288.msg797445#msg797445 date=1272925467]
T..
[/quote]
[/quote]
...According to you ( Jasper) is a team that has been there and done that many times. Please enlighten me again. Jasper went to the state tournament when and when was they there before? Please give me a history lesson. ...
[/quote]
Jasper history lesson:

To the state tournament 6 times:  1961, 63, 72, 78 as 3A; 1985 as 4A, 2007 as 3a

Trips to state spaced out, true.  But also true, Jasper does have a solid long-term history in baseball.  Only a handful of 3a teams have been to state six or more times.

China Spring, La Grange, Snyder, and Sinton come to mind as having six or more trips to state.  Did I miss any other SE Texas teams?

It is not fair for this years team or teams from the past to say because one team has a history and one team does not that the team with history will win. The team is playing in the present not in 1955 or when ever they compared too. Orangefield made it to the state semi's in 1990 so does that mean that they can make it to the state semi's before Jasper, the answer is no! Jasper and Orangefield are two explosive teams that can play the game very well. I would love to see the Regional Finals in Beaumont with a trip to Austin on the line (i.e. Bridge City vs Jasper) and the winner being the favorite to win state and represent region III (Because we all know that region III is the hardest to get out of) in the state tourny. Best of luck to all and as a fan I can not wait to see some of the best high school baseball in the whole United States.

I agree, only players on the field win the games.  No one is guaranteed anything.  Read your press clippings too much and you may well find yourself sitting at home.

But the question was asked, what is Jasper's history as if they might be a Johnny Come Lately to baseball.  I merely reported some of the history.  By the way, the son of one of the Jasper 1963 team is the current Jasper coach.  A son of another player on that team used to be the baseball coach at Woodville and won a state championship there just as did the current Jasper coach.  So, does tradition and history count?  I think it certainly can have an effect.

congrats to the CATS well deserving I'm glad to see OF and BC finish #1 an #2 in district wish it could have been the other way but this is OF year.and yall are correct BCLL is one of  the best an makes it hard who to holler for but always fun to watch.hope both teams go far

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="j_dog" post="798823" timestamp="1273203394"]
I agree, only players on the field win the games.  No one is guaranteed anything.  Read your press clippings too much and you may well find yourself sitting at home.

But the question was asked, what is Jasper's history as if they might be a Johnny Come Lately to baseball.  I merely reported some of the history.  By the way, the son of one of the Jasper 1963 team is the current Jasper coach.  A son of another player on that team used to be the baseball coach at Woodville and won a state championship there just as did the current Jasper coach.  So, does tradition and history count?  I think it certainly can have an effect.
[/quote]

Nothing you said makes a difference in 2010 except the players on the field win games. Tradition, none of those kids remember 1961, 63, 72,78 or 85. Just a memory for a parent. Tradition only puts pressure on a kid because their dad is telling them we did this or we did that and if a team does not live up to the past then they are labeled as not being as good as the teams of the past. I asked the question and you answered it. Thanks!!!!!!  

The same will be for this team if they don't live up to the 1990 team. That is a shame because the districts are different now, not like 1961, 63, 72, 78, 85 or 1990. BC is the measuring stick in 21 3a. The Bobcats earned the district championship this year in 21 3A. In my eyes if they don't go to state their season will still be a success because I "Bleed Orange" as you bleed whatever color Jasper is.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="797528" timestamp="1272938629"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=69288.msg797515#msg797515 date=1272937454]
People have been saying all year that Orangefield is overrated and has not played anyone!!  Please keep thinking that!!
[/quote]

I promise you the teams in 21 3A don't think they are over rated.
[/quote]

I think they may be a little over-hyped, but they are still a great ball club.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder