20-4A Playoff Teams Have Been Decided

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="794230" timestamp="1272077290"]
Congrats to Nederland on another district championship!

[/quote]Can you please explain how Nederland has already clinched district?? My understanding was we have to win one of the next 2 to win it. Just curious.

[quote name="Dog4Life" post="794383" timestamp="1272121490"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=69034.msg794230#msg794230 date=1272077290]

[/quote]Can you please explain how Nederland has already clinched district?? My understanding was we have to win one of the next 2 to win it. Just curious.
[/quote]

Nederland has clinched at least a share of the district title.  If they end up tied they will be co-champs with a playoff to determine the 1 seed.  They need to win one more game to be outright champs.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="794397" timestamp="1272123572"]
[quote author=Dog4Life link=topic=69034.msg794383#msg794383 date=1272121490]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=69034.msg794230#msg794230 date=1272077290]

[/quote]

Nederland has clinched at least a share of the district title.  If they end up tied they will be co-champs with a playoff to determine the 1 seed.  They need to win one more game to be outright champs.
[/quote]Gotcha!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="794405" timestamp="1272124415"]
The worst thd could finish is 11-3. They probably hold the tie breakers over the teams that could possibly tie them.
[/quote]

Actually for Nederland to lose 2 more games would mean Vidor would beat them next week and since Nederland and Vidor would each have a victory against each other, who knows who would have the tie breaker.  And as for as PNG, I think PNG would have the tie breaker against Nederland since PNG beat Nederland 11-3 and Nederland beat PNG 3-1.  While I think it is possible for Vidor to beat Nederland, I think Nederland will beat Lumberton but you never know how the ball will bounce.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="794426" timestamp="1272129482"]
The interesting thing about the Vidor/Nederland matchup on Monday is Nederland will be facing a full rested Hester for the first time. The main question is about this game is what Vidor team will show up at the plate. They have been hitting the ball pretty solid the last few games and how will they fair against Laird? I think this will be a closer game then the first one.
[/quote]So Hester was not rested  when he gave up 6 hits in 2 innings of work last game Vidor played Nederland...That should be a good game since Laird & Bellow ..Smith ..Pitts..Brown...Brady.. Cardenas are all rested also ;D

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="794592" timestamp="1272202997"]
what happens if Ned, PNG, and Vidor all end up 11-3? highly unlikely... but that's why you play the game... I know they play a seeding game for 2 teams tied... what happens if 3 are tied?
[/quote]What would happen if a frog had wings ; :D

what happens if Ned, PNG, and Vidor all end up 11-3? highly unlikely... but that's why you play the game... I know they play a seeding game for 2 teams tied... what happens if 3 are tied?
[/quote]Just kidding around don't need anymore - karmas ;D

[/quote]
a seeding tournament?? lol i have no clue what would happen then

[quote name="BaseBow" post="794596" timestamp="1272204219"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=69034.msg794592#msg794592 date=1272202997]
[/quote]What would happen if a frog had wings ; :D
[/quote]

He wouldn't bump his butt as much???

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="794688" timestamp="1272230846"]
I think it goes to record against the teams tied. Therefore knocking out png. Ned and Vidor would then play a seeding game. I could definitely be wrong though.
[/quote]
that would be logical, which is why it would never happen :-)

[quote name="Big Stick" post="794675" timestamp="1272224783"]
Didnt softball end up in a three way tie.PNG,LCM and Ned.
[/quote]

Yes it did.  Run differential between the 3 teams was used and LCM got the 3 seed.  PNG and Nederland had a playoff to decide the 1 seed.  I'm not sure if baseball is the same.  I think the coaches of each district decide tiebreakers before the season.  If Nederland wins 1 of its last 2 games then none of this matters.

You guys keep using the words "tie breakers".  There are no tie breakers in 20-4A Baseball.  If two teams are 11-3 then two teams are 11-3.  Even if one team beat the other twice, they are still both 11-3 and will have a coin flip, or a playoff, or a verball agreement to take a spot in the bracket.  If three teams are 11-3, then three teams are 11-3.  They will have a playoff, with one team drawing a bye in the play in bracket. (this bye part I am only 99% sure of)

No head to head
No most runs scored
None of that stuff at all
and that is the way it should be IMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33