Mustangs Season Thus Far

2 wins.. that is not a fair assessment of the mustangs this year. they have shown a lot of heart this year, most of which came from the game they played against West Sabine in which they lost 9 to 7. that game almost brought me to tears because they were playing for their teammate Tylor Erwin whose grandma is in the hospital. speaking of Tylor Erwin. he has shown so much leadership by coming here from newton and taking this team of youngsters, half that no little about the game, and carrying them on their shoulders, a job that he could not have done without his coach, Randy Rose. Coach Rose came into Burkeville knowing that it would be an uphill battle from the beginning, but he took the job and made sure his players had a great time on the field. he managed to put 3 great pitchers together and make a good rotation. Tylor Erwin, the ace, started of the year so great, he has fallen off as of late, with a tired, tired, tired arm to blame. Zach Busby, a kid that has never been a starting pitcher before, to be as dominant as he has is such a pleasant surprise, if you dont believe me, just ask the coach, he will be the first one to tell you. Cameron Vanveckhoven, who has a legit chance of becoming newcomer of the year, its not often you see such raw talent coming from a kid thats been at burkeville all his life. He is such a great talent and a joy to watch. The hitting has been the main problem this year, the lineup is strong in the middle and weak at the end... such a sad thing when people pitch and play defense so well. The mustangs still have three games left... and i want to challenge them to win all three of them... GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS

High School sports is a funny thing. You can be up one year and down the next or the other way around. Texas Football has a section every year for the teams that have made the biggest turn around and drop from the season before.

I know Coach Rose from his time at Evadale and I believe that he will have the Mustangs on the rise in the seasons to come. It is easy to win games it is harder to be a true winner. I for one do not subscribe to the Nike saying that second is the first loser. Our kids are more than the final score or their season record. We all want them to be successful, but we all must learn that sometimes things do not work out and we have learn how to overcome losses.

Hold your heads up Mustangs, better things are coming your way and most of them have little to do with a bat or a glove and everything to do with the heart covered by your uniform.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder