Nederland @LCM updates..Ned Wins/Comments

Well from my vantage point Sonnier fielded the ball cleanly and made an accurate throw. The paper states he was playing back instead of charging the ball but he fielded it on the grass so he must not have been playing to far back. He came home feeling like he ruint Bellow's no-no so I guess I better make sure he doesn't read the paper or this post so he doesn't feel like everyone else thinks so too.   

1696, I would agree with your assessment...not sure he could have done much more on the ball due to the high bounce...the play was pretty close at first and I was surprised that the ump called him safe with a no-no on the line in a game whose outcome had long been decided at that point...at any rate, a dominating performance by Kirby and the Dogs.

[quote name="Razor" post="791522" timestamp="1271515716"]
1696, I would agree with your assessment...not sure he could have done much more on the ball due to the high bounce...the play was pretty close at first and I was surprised that the ump called him safe with a no-no on the line in a game whose outcome had long been decided at that point...at any rate, a dominating performance by Kirby and the Dogs.
[/quote]
no matter how dominant the game, the ump should never adjust his calling to benefit the pitcher or hitter
i would rather have a 1 hitter than get a no-no on a bad call by the ump

Yep, pretty harsh.  The ball was chopped high.  Trev could not have taken more than 1/2 step father on the grass.  He fielded the ball cleanly and made a rocket throw with no hesitation at all.

If there had been a problem with the way he played the ball, they would have scored it an error and he'd be facing none of your criticism.

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="791540" timestamp="1271518205"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=68734.msg791522#msg791522 date=1271515716]
[/quote]
no matter how dominant the game, the ump should never adjust his calling to benefit the pitcher or hitter
i would rather have a 1 hitter than get a no-no on a bad call by the ump
[/quote]

How would feel about losing a no hitter on a bad call?

Yall dominate the game , pitcher pitches an incredible game, you hit the ball and you field the ball. Basically played a flawless game and yall are going to rag on a kid for not making a play that he gave everything he had on? Thats unbelievable. 1969 tell the kid to keep his head up and keep playing a great SS. Shame on you guys for your statements.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn