PNG to construct Multi-Purpose Student Activities Building

Port Neches-Groves Independent School District
Board Document
MEETING DATE: April 13, 2010
AGENDA ITEM: Consider Approval to Construct Multi-Purpose Student Activities Building on PN-G High School Property
The athletic department is interested in the building of an all-purpose facility for the students of PNG ISD. The building would be 31,000 square feet and contain a 50 yard football field and a 50 yard net. The building will not be air-conditioned and will contain space heaters in the corners. The facility would be used by the band, soccer, golf, baseball, softball, and football. The building would be funded from private donations made to the athletic booster club. There would be no cost to the district for construction of the building. The all-purpose facility would be located behind the field house next to the new academic wing. The current plan for this location is to be a grass practice field. The cost to the school district (after the building is finished) would be liability insurance and electricity. Liability insurance is estimated at $300 to $400 a month and electricity would be minimal. A building of this caliber has the ability to impact PNG students for years to come.
Recommendation: It is recommended that the Board of Trustees approve construction of a multi-purpose student activities building on PN-G High School Property.
Resource Personnel: Brandon Faircloth, Athletic Director/Head Football Coach

Board approved and as Coach said the ball is rolling......

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
Will it have "garage" type doors for circulation? Summer's going to be a beast in there if not.

Sounds first class overall. Congrats PNG. Doing things the right way!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Gtj007" post="790694" timestamp="1271359678"]
25-50 yrs. ago, how did teams ever practice without indoor facilities?  Oh yeah, they practiced OUTSIDE where the games are played!!
[/quote]

Give them time. That will probably change too. ;)

[quote name="Gtj007" post="790694" timestamp="1271359678"]
25-50 yrs. ago, how did teams ever practice without indoor facilities?  Oh yeah, they practiced OUTSIDE where the games are played!!
[/quote]

So take the air conditioning out of your car and your house then, and all indoor plumbing.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="790624" timestamp="1271350887"]
Wish Ned had some money for this stuff. Must be nice.
[/quote]

Its not the school that is doing it, its the parents and supporters. The school isn't paying any of the construction cost.
Tell the Nederland parents and supporters to get off there wallets.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="790635" timestamp="1271352043"]
Will it have "garage" type doors for circulation? Summer's going to be a beast in there if not.

Sounds first class overall. Congrats PNG. Doing things the right way!
[/quote]

I was told that it would have large doors and large fans for cooling during the summer, but none of that seems to be mentioned in the excerpt from the agenda above.

in its first year png booster club has donated a ton of stuff to the school.new scorers table for basketball/volleyball.new tent and ice chest for cc/track.state of the art pitching machine for baseball/softball.back stop for softball.rain suits for golf.video equipment for football.portable soccer goals for turf.every program got there wish(boys and girls).with both middle schools almost complete the jr high athletics will be first class.2 gyms per school and all new equipment for every sport.png community has really stepped up for its kids.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="790632" timestamp="1271351682"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=68660.msg790623#msg790623 date=1271350874]
Faircloth knows how to roll!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
::) ::)
[/quote] SE Texas is so far behind the times compared to other areas across the State when it comes to Athletic complexes, at least PN-G has stepped up and now has one of the best Football facilities in the State.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="790960" timestamp="1271424524"]
I just hope everyone at PNG dosent get too attached to Faircloth when he is gone in a couple years for a higher profile job.
[/quote]
That would mean that he won big for several years. That and the additions to the program, I can handle that. \

But I have to say one thing...Coach Faircloth so far has gotten everything he asked for from this community. He is creating something that we can all be proud of both on and off the field. If he gets paid here, and I think he will, It wouldnt suprise me to see him stick around for a little while.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="JoesBros" post="790967" timestamp="1271425301"]
So what exactly has the community actually done for him??
[/quote]

Have you seen the car he's driving? ;)

Guest JoesBros
I just dont understand why all of a sudden when you get a new young hot shot coach in there everybody is jumping on the bandwagon?? The support or spirit was down the last years in the Burnet era who IMO is the face of the PNG Athletic Program.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="790960" timestamp="1271424524"]
I just hope everyone at PNG dosent get too attached to Faircloth when he is gone in a couple years for a higher profile job.
[/quote]

Maybe or maybe not. He isn't building the program for a couple years run, he is building a program for the future.
If he does get a higher profile job it means he did what he said he was going to do and thats building a class act program.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="790981" timestamp="1271426646"]
I just dont understand why all of a sudden when you get a new young hot shot coach in there everybody is jumping on the bandwagon?? The support or spirit was down the last years in the Burnet era who IMO is the face of the PNG Athletic Program.
[/quote]

He got the ball rolling with getting a Booster Club. So there was really no band wagon to jump on before right. I'm not sure how that draws the "Hot Shot" tag. Did someone keep Burnett (sp?) from starting one?

I'm sure you know much more about the situation than me. I understand that a lot of folks feel that Coach Burnett was mistreated. But.... has Faircloth actually done anything to contribute to that?

Not stirring. I'm honestly asking....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder