HF BASEBALL

Wanted to give a shout out to those HORNS.  I want able to attend first outing against BC, but was able to attend Monday nite's game.  Guys keep up the hard work. Although I'm a long time backer of BC, I am love to watch a good baseball game.  Guys you have nothing to be ashamed of. The pitcher,Wandland, that started has talent, but is developing.  I have heard some really good things on this up and coming.  He has pitched some really good games.  Just laast year he put the hurt on our JV team during our our tournement. There is nothing to say about Johnson.  He his at the top of his game. Infield and outfields really work hard. Guys keeps your heads up and keep your noses to the grind. YOu are young and don't let one error escalate.  I just wanted to let you guys know that you have more backers than in you backyard.  The scoreboard does not always reflect how hard you work.  Just remember your teammates are your family. You have to have each others back no matter what. Remember that only a few get to set put on that feild as a varsity player. It is an Honor and a Privilege.But sometimes we feel that its owed. Believe me, the sooner you guys start acting this way the better you will be.  Your Seniors know this.  Look to them for help. You only have a short time to learn as much as you can from them.  That's the one thing that I can Honestly say about my Cards, no matter what the situation they don't  bring negative attitudes on the feild. They are a machine. One bad play does not affect the next play. One's disagreement does not carry one they feild. GUYS you have got to learn this.  If a visiting team can see what  is going on on the feild, dont you think you might.  You have good leaders in your coaches. Talk with them, work with them. If you are not getting the gas from them to get you  going then bring your own gas can and matches!!!!!!!!!.    GUYS it is very disheartening to see a team that has ALWAYS had pride, heart and the love of the game be reduce to players that hang there heads.  YOU HAVE HAD HARD LOSSES THIS YEAR THEY WERE ALL GOOD FIGHTS.  Your losses have been lost in the last inning. And only by mostly ONE.    Guys there is honor in that

Some good points were made in the above post,(although the spelling and grammar are a bit shaky...lol), but the Horns knew this was coming. They lost all their starters from last year except Johnson,Markum, and Minaldi. And with Johnson only pitching, they replaced 7 of 9 players in the field. The majority of these were filled by Sophomores and Freshmen, and they along with a couple of Juniors are struggling at key times. They knew there would be tough times, especially when you face the best of the best Varsity pitching week in and week out. As the close losses add up, the pressure to perform and win for their Senior leaders becomes a heavy burden on these young players. But make no mistake, there is no quit in these guys because they know they can play, and the experience from this years tough games will carry over and create a confidence for the next couple. HF has had hard times going o-fer in football district, as well as basketball. The mood may be disappointing at the moment, but theres still a few games left to play. I wouldnt count out the Horns in the rest of baseball district. They might just decide to grow up a little in the next few games.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Fourseam" post="790592" timestamp="1271347273"]
Some good points were made in the above post,(although the spelling and grammar are a bit shaky...lol), but the Horns knew this was coming. They lost all their starters from last year except Johnson,Markum, and Minaldi. And with Johnson only pitching, they replaced 7 of 9 players in the field. The majority of these were filled by Sophomores and Freshmen, and they along with a couple of Juniors are struggling at key times. They knew there would be tough times, especially when you face the best of the best Varsity pitching week in and week out. As the close losses add up, the pressure to perform and win for their Senior leaders becomes a heavy burden on these young players. But make no mistake, there is no quit in these guys because they know they can play, and the experience from this years tough games will carry over and create a confidence for the next couple. HF has had hard times going o-fer in football district, as well as basketball. The mood may be disappointing at the moment, but theres still a few games left to play. I wouldnt count out the Horns in the rest of baseball district. They might just decide to grow up a little in the next few games.
[/quote]

Very good post, well said.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="790619" timestamp="1271350623"]
[quote author=Fourseam link=topic=68613.msg790592#msg790592 date=1271347273]
[/quote]

Very good post, well said.
[/quote]

Totally agree with you.

There have been several good points made. I feel like there is still some fight left in the Horns. If you want to make the play-offs, you better come ready to play them. There have been many valuable lessons that should have been learned from this season. I hope the team was taking good notes and comes back next year as a force to be dealt with. Everyone on the team has a role to play. Accept your role, whatever or wherever that might be, and give it everything you've got. Not only will you be a better teammate, you'll build a stronger team.

Go Horns !!!
Finish Strong!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder