*Kountze vs. Warren Updates* Warren Wins/Comments

The guys were right to walk off the field,if the coach does not have the Balls to stand up and do whats right, the three players did. I know their parents are proud of them

Wrong. the players were not right to walk off the field. If a playere wants to quit the team then they should, but they should never have packed thier gear and walked out of the dugout in front of the stands and back to the locker room. They should have stayed in the dug out and not taken the field. The players made a commitment to their teammates. Just because the disagreed with something the coach did they should have NEVER walked like they did. By the way there were four players that walked off and a 5'th who walked out but went back.

[quote name="Justafan1" post="789101" timestamp="1271074125"]
The guys were right to walk off the field,if the coach does not have the Balls to stand up and do whats right, the three players did. I know their parents are proud of them

Wrong. the players were not right to walk off the field. If a playere wants to quit the team then they should, but they should never have packed thier gear and walked out of the dugout in front of the stands and back to the locker room. They should have stayed in the dug out and not taken the field. The players made a commitment to their teammates. Just because the disagreed with something the coach did they should have NEVER walked like they did. By the way there were four players that walked off and a 5'th who walked out but went back.
[/quote]

Well said!

The players that walked off in the middle of the game against Wareen should never be allowed to ever play sports again.  That's not the way to embarrass yourselves and their school.  if they had a problem with the coach and his decisions, they should have finished the game and then spoke with the coach in private about their issues.  Walking off the field not only embarassed them but their school as well.  Has the day come when parents are encouraging their children that if something happens that you don't agree with you should just quit?  Well all that I can say is they will have a lengthy employment record because they are going to have bosses that are going to make them mad and they will just walk off the job.  These students have to learn.  There will be people they will encounter the rest of their lives that will make them mad and disapoint them. They have to learn to deal with them.

kids want to win....if the kids didnt talk to the coach then yes it was a bad move on their part.  on the other hand if the kids have already talked to coach and nothing happened, then yeah they have the right to walk off the field.  lets not blame the kids so fast for walking off the field there had to be something more that we arent getting to this story for that to happen.  

[quote name="im on fire" post="789210" timestamp="1271094738"]
kids want to win....if the kids didnt talk to the coach then yes it was a bad move on their part.  on the other hand if the kids have already talked to coach and nothing happened, then yeah they have the right to walk off the field.  lets not blame the kids so fast for walking off the field there had to be something more that we arent getting to this story for that to happen.  
[/quote] I respectfully disagree.....to walk off the field in the middle of a competition because you or your teammates disagree with the coach is not right.  It should have been handled after the game or even before if this is a problem that has been building up.  Trying to show the coach up to prove a point is disrespectful to the school, teammates, the opposing team, fans and coaches....But unfortunately these are the times we now live in.....sad...I hope it works out for all parties involved...Good Luck Lions...

I don't have a dog in this hunt but from what I have heard those young men took a stand the coach should have taken. It's sad when the kids have to be the moral barometer in a situation instead of the adult. If I were their parents I would be very proud that they had the courage to do the right thing. I think the coach's decision should be the topic of discussion not what a few brave young men had the courage to do. You guys stood up for what you believe in and sometimes when you do you are questioned by those who would never have the courage to take a stand.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder