Hamshire Fannett @ Orangefield...OF Wins 5-1

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros
Join Joey Vincent and Gabriel Pruett tonight as they will bring you some District 21-3A baseball action right here on the Setxsports Network! The Hamshire Fannett Longhorns travel to the OC to take on the Orangefield Bobcats. This should be a really interesting and great baseball game. Broadcast begins at 6:45 and first pitch is slated for 7:00. So tune in and listen to some more great baseball action tonight on the Setxsports Network!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:vidor-pirates-vs-beaumont-kelly-bulldogs-730-pm&catid=73:games

Guest JoesBros
Chase pitched really good last night worked real quick as well. HF has a solid team as well and I was impressed with them. I was impressed with the facilities at OF and want to thank Coach Bennett for allowing us to broadcast last night. Myself and Gabe had fun out there.

[quote name="Gabe" post="784741" timestamp="1270062958"]
At the rate Heather is learning baseball, she will be writing my stories soon. She now knows what a balk is, heck I barely can tell!
[/quote]

Great article and I am trying...I am learning all kinds of stuff :)

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="setxgal" post="784745" timestamp="1270063535"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=67934.msg784741#msg784741 date=1270062958]
At the rate Heather is learning baseball, she will be writing my stories soon. She now knows what a balk is, heck I barely can tell!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Why is it called a 6-4-3 double play? ;)

[quote name="JoesBros" post="784746" timestamp="1270063927"]
[quote author=setxgal link=topic=67934.msg784745#msg784745 date=1270063535]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=67934.msg784741#msg784741 date=1270062958]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Why is it called a 6-4-3 double play? ;)
[/quote]

Gee joey...duh....Cause the ss throws to 2nd then on to 1st for the double play.

Angelle strikes out 16 as OF downs HF, 5-1

Gabriel Pruett Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — To say Orangefield’s Chase Angelle was at the top of his pitching game Tuesday night is quite an understatement.

Angelle only needed 83 pitches in a complete-game 5-1 win over the Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns as the No. 4 Bobcats continued their way through 21-3A.

Orangefield is now 16-2 on the season and 2-0 in District 21-3A play while Hamshire-Fannett is now 7-10 and 0-2.

Angelle struck out 16 Longhorns, nine looking, and only gave up four hits.

His lone mistake was a pitch to Tommy Wendling who homered in the sixth for Hamshire-Fannett.

“I was worried at first because Hamshire-Fannett is a good hitting team,” Angelle said. “I was able to settle into a groove and my defense played great behind me. The Longhorns were also impressive last week against Bridge City so we really had to have a new view on those guys. They are a good team.”

It also doesn’t hurt any when Angelle knows the Bobcats’ offense is going to back him up throughout the game.

“It doesn’t matter if I give up two or three runs because our guys are going to back me up,” Angelle said. “Our offense is our biggest strength. We feel we can score six or seven runs a game and that takes so much pressure off our pitching staff.”

Jace Statum as usual got the Bobcats off quickly as he slapped the first pitch he saw from Hamshire-Fannett starter Alan Chapman into right-center field for a triple in the bottom of the first.

Jonathan Deramus quickly made it 1-0 with a RBI single to center.

Give credit to Chapman who worked his tail off all night and never allowed the explosive Bobcats to run away with the game.

Chapman threw all six innings and gave up eight hits with one strike out and one walk.

The Bobcats scored another run in the bottom of the second as Derrick Evans had a two-out single.

Deramus picked up his second RBI of the night with a single to make it 2-0 Bobcats.

Jacob Felts, after being 0-for-2 at the plate, led off the bottom of the fifth by reaching on an error and quickly moved to second on a stolen base.

Angelle moved Felts to third on a ground out and Felts eventually scored on a Hamshire-Fannett balk to make it 3-0.

Two more Longhorns errors in the bottom of the sixth led to two more runs for the Bobcats.

Evans and Statum both reached on errors and Felts showed his muscle with a RBI single to right to plate Statum to make the final score.

Angelle then only needed six pitches in the top of the seventh to finish the game.

The Bobcats will be at Hardin-Jefferson Thursday. The following week will see Silsbee at Orangefield on Tuesday before the highly-anticipated Friday game when the Bobcats travel to face Bridge City.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder