WOS vs EVADALE Updates..WO-S Wins 11-0/Comments

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="778517" timestamp="1268918129"]
I'm somewhat amused that some are surprised that this is a varsity/varsity game.  If that's the general attitude at WO-S, there may be more surprises as this game plays out. 
Not being smart, just saying.
[/quote]

As long as it's not the Coach and the players thinking like this there shouldn't be any surprises and the best team should win. Fans thinking their team is better than another shouldn't have an affect on the game. If Evadale is the better team then they will win and not because WOS fans underestimated them.

[quote name="td" post="778541" timestamp="1268921194"]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=67433.msg778517#msg778517 date=1268918129]
I'm somewhat amused that some are surprised that this is a varsity/varsity game.  If that's the general attitude at WO-S, there may be more surprises as this game plays out. 
[/quote]

As long as it's not the Coach and the players thinking like this there shouldn't be any surprises and the best team should win. Fans thinking their team is better than another shouldn't have an affect on the game. If Evadale is the better team then they will win and not because WOS fans underestimated them.
[/quote]I have no idea who's players, coaches or someone from Houston just making a comment.  That's pretty much all I did, just made a comment.  I do agree that the better team should win...they usually do.

[quote name="The Old Ball Coach" post="778608" timestamp="1268930153"]
I completely agree, but wos still hasnt played a team that can hit like OF

early prediction scores from two games

OF 12-4

OF 9-2

But this is just opinion, and I do think WOS gets in, but in the 3rd spot
[/quote]

wos  will face a team that can hit against evadale the whole 1-9 can stroke the ball

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="778911" timestamp="1268971223"]
[quote author=td link=topic=67433.msg778541#msg778541 date=1268921194]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=67433.msg778517#msg778517 date=1268918129]
[/quote]

[/quote]I have no idea who's players, coaches or someone from Houston just making a comment.  That's pretty much all I did, just made a comment.  I do agree that the better team should win...they usually do.
[/quote]

I agree we don't know who is making the comments. That is my point exactly. It's not the general opinion at WOS like you stated it might be. The best team usually does when unless the best team underestimates the other team. Then the best team gets surprised just as you stated. I'm betting and hoping that Coach doesn't let them underestimate anyone this year.

Talk about a "Everything to win and nothing to loose" game.

Evadale by stepping on the field is the winner. This will be the second 3A team that the Rebels will have faced in 8 days. The first time came out just fine for the Rebels as they defeated Cleveland. The Rebels are trying to better themselves and prepare for later in the season when the competition get more and more difficult.

Now if the Rebels win on Saturday there just might have to be some serious consideation of the Rebels being included in the SETX rankings if for no other reason than the fact that they are playing up two classes while they are in the middle of district play. So we will see when the two teams get together tomorrow.

Keep it rolling Rebels, we believe, now its time to convince everyone else!

I for one am very appreciative of the fact that WOS will play the Rebels. It is not easy for 3A schools to schedule a 1A because they will not get any praise if they win and plenty of ridicule if they lose. However in this case I would say that both these programs will benefit from this game. Both have very good baseball teams and sometimes you have to disregard classification because they will both put the best 9 on the field. So congrats to both teams for playing each other and giving us the fans a great game to watch and talk about. I would like to see more area matchups so the kids can get to know each other and become rivals and friends.
Have a great game both teams. Being a Rebel fan I will naturally pick the Rebs 5-3.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder