Texas A&M gets a #5 seed in the South Region

Ags should win their first game vs. Utah State for sure. Probably Purdue after that, which ain't a cakewalk. If you beat Purdue, then you probably have Duke....good luck with that.

On the flip side, my Horns will probably lose to Wake Forest in the first round. if we win, then we play Kentucky and get blown out.

[quote name="baddog" post="777026" timestamp="1268613847"]
Ags should win their first game vs. Utah State for sure. Probably Purdue after that, which ain't a cakewalk. If you beat Purdue, then you probably have Duke....good luck with that.

On the flip side, my Horns will probably lose to Wake Forest in the first round. if we win, then we play Kentucky and get blown out.
[/quote]

ags earned their seed.  If i'm not mistaken, Purdue just lost their best player for the year, and they got absolutely manhandled yesterday, scoring only 11 points in the 1st half.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="777027" timestamp="1268614024"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=67336.msg777026#msg777026 date=1268613847]

[/quote]

ags earned their seed.  If i'm not mistaken, [b]Purdue just lost their best player for the year[/b], and they got absolutely manhandled yesterday, scoring only 11 points in the 1st half.
[/quote]

Are you talking about Jackson?

Purdue beat Minnesota twice during the regular season, then drop and egg (one of their worst games ever) while Minnesota is playing for their tournament lives. It weird how some teams can really play their hearts out in desperation.

[quote name="baddog" post="777032" timestamp="1268614595"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=67336.msg777027#msg777027 date=1268614024]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=67336.msg777026#msg777026 date=1268613847]

[/quote]

ags earned their seed.  If i'm not mistaken, [b]Purdue just lost their best player for the year[/b], and they got absolutely manhandled yesterday, scoring only 11 points in the 1st half.
[/quote]

Are you talking about Jackson?

Purdue beat Minnesota twice during the regular season, then drop and egg (one of their worst games ever) while Minnesota is playing for their tournament lives. It weird how some teams can really play their hearts out in desperation.
[/quote]

AAW is talking about Robbie Hummel. Purdue is a WAY different team w/out Hummel in the game. Moore isn't gonna be able to carry this team by himself. Siena wins easily and could possibly beat A&M, this Siena team is good just like last year when they beat Ohio St.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="777016" timestamp="1268611661"]
Hopefully my Aggies win their first two games so that I can watch them in person at Reliant Stadium in the South Regional!!!

WHOOOOOOOOP!!!
[/quote]

I'm with you.  My 2 favorite college bball teams are Duke and A&M.  If both make it to Houston not only will I get to watch them both, but if i'm not mistaken, I'll get to see them play each other.  I can't believe how this could work out.  I've seen A&M play, but other than this, I might not get another chance to see Duke.  Especially, considering how far Durham is, the fact that Cameron only holds right under 10,000 people and that Duke games are near impossible to get tickets to.  

the ags have road that could definitely lead to the elite 8.  they may have to face the weakest #4 in Purdue, and the weakest #1 in Duke.  both of those teams still very well could beat the Ags, but it's better than having to play a team like Kansas or Kentucky!

Not too bad of a seeding...however, there's no reason the aggies couldn't have been a 3/4-seed...especially since they did tie KState & Baylor for 2nd in the Big XII - just saying? :-\

This actually could work out perfect though, home court advantage in houston.  Here's the scenario:

A&M over Utah State
A&M over Siena

A&M over Duke - Sweet 16
A&M over 'Nova - Elite 8 ---------> perhaps Baylor instead of Villanova?

Is this likely, probably not - but it is possible....and Reliant would be a maroon-out.  8)

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="777585" timestamp="1268750251"]
Not too bad of a seeding...however, there's no reason the aggies couldn't have been a 3/4-seed...especially since they did tie KState & Baylor for 2nd in the Big XII - just saying? :-\

This actually could work out perfect though, home court advantage in houston.  Here's the scenario:

A&M over Utah State
A&M over Siena

A&M over Duke - Sweet 16
A&M over 'Nova - Elite 8 ---------> perhaps Baylor instead of Villanova?

Is this likely, probably not - but it is possible....and Reliant would be a maroon-out.  8)
[/quote]

if you think the Bears would not travel if they made the elite 8 then your sorely mistaken...the Aggies would have more but it'll be closer to 50/50 than the Aggies think...a couple years back Baylor brought something like 14,000 for the Women's final 4 in Indianapolis...if the Bears are in Houston I could see us easily getting 30,000 there maybe 40...it'll be a hot ticket for sure either way...

considering the bad blood between Baylor and A&M in basketbally lately if they met in the Elite 8 it would be nasty but also a dream matchup for the NCAA for money and story lines...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder