From Billy Tubbs:

[font=Courier]LU SID department sent this out:

“I want to take this opportunity to clear up recent media speculation concerning the job status of men’s basketball coach Steve Roccaforte. Steve Roccaforte is our head men’s basketball coach, and we are moving forward with the men’s basketball program with Steve as the head coach.” [/font]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="775608" timestamp="1268343253"]
Conspiracy theorists to reconvene in 2 yrs.
[/quote]

No conspiracy.  If......and I have said if from the beginning a Kentucky assistants position comes open he is GOOOOONE!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="775775" timestamp="1268361510"]
GUARANTEE he is NOT the Cards coach in 4 weeks!!!!
[/quote]

I'd bet money that he is... although I kinda hope you're right!!

[quote name="westendfirst" post="775891" timestamp="1268372010"]
[quote author=fatelvis04 link=topic=67229.msg775801#msg775801 date=1268363538]
If Roc's offered an assistant job at Kentucky, he'd be a fool to not take it.
[/quote]

True, because he obviously doesn't have what it takes to succeed as a head coach.
[/quote]

Not my point. If I had the choice of being the head coach at a smaller school like Lamar or being an assistant at a powerhouse like Kentucky, I'd take the assistant job at the powerhouse any day of the week.

From Bob West: [font=Courier]"No surprise here that Lamar opted to keep Steve Roccaforte as its basketball coach. I think it was the right call, but I don’t think it would have played out that way if the school had had an extra $270,000 lying around. Hopefully Roc can get it back on track next season. Lamar’s gone through too many basketball coaches since Pat Foster left."[/font]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder