Comment about Yates

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="775712" timestamp="1268353441"]
[color=navy][b]Nothing productive will come out of furthering this conversation except more attention to Yates which is why the original poster created this thread. Don't give him the pleasure of indulging him and simply move along...nothing new here as the topic of this thread has been beaten like a dead horse. Let them win their championship any way they see fit and turn the page and soon they will be an after thought! I do know this...on the way to our State Championship in '06 we played Yates in Rice stadium. The score was something like 31-0 at halftime us ALL over them easy...the final score ended up being 46-0 on primarily running plays in the second half. Could we have lit them up for 70? Yup, quite easily but we showed a little class and respect for our opponent and didn't choose to humiliate their once proud football program...nuff said![/b][/color]
[/quote]

First of all the bold is very annoying and hard to read...if you'll had beat them by 80 itd have been No different than beating them by 46

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="balla234" post="775732" timestamp="1268356265"]
yates can suck[/quote]

Well first of all your about to be banned I'm almost positive but do you realize how stupid and ignorant you are? What have you accomplished in life that makes you better than anyone? Your just a wimp who grows a pair behind a keyboard and I'm %100 positive you wouldn't say this to any player on that or any other black team

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="775726" timestamp="1268355515"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=67197.msg775712#msg775712 date=1268353441]
[color=navy][b]Nothing productive will come out of furthering this conversation except more attention to Yates which is why the original poster created this thread. Don't give him the pleasure of indulging him and simply move along...nothing new here as the topic of this thread has been beaten like a dead horse. Let them win their championship any way they see fit and turn the page and soon they will be an after thought! I do know this...on the way to our State Championship in '06 we played Yates in Rice stadium. The score was something like 31-0 at halftime us ALL over them easy...the final score ended up being 46-0 on primarily running plays in the second half. Could we have lit them up for 70? Yup, quite easily but we showed a little class and respect for our opponent and didn't choose to humiliate their once proud football program...nuff said![/b][/color]
[/quote]

First of all the bold is very annoying and hard to read...if you'll had beat them by 80 itd have been No different than beating them by 46
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Look fella, bold type is an option given to me by the people who set up this site. If I used CAPS I could understand your point but you are the very first person to ever complain about me doing so in the 100+ posts I've made here so perhaps you should loosen the tie a little bit fella? Secondly, it's OBVIOUS you don't "get it" so we'll agree to disagree on the matter and move on. I have no interest in getting in a tit for tat with another grown man in his boxers at the keyboard. Lastly, if you feel like my bold text is annoying then feel free to contact the moderators and if they see my style as offensive in any way, shape or form then surely they have the power to ban me if need be? Have a  nice day![/b][/color]

Cant we all just get along?????? I dont totally agree with what JY is doing but like someone said earlier they do their thing with CLASS so its cool, plus I can do nothing to change it so why get all upset? My kid dont play for them or against them......

[quote author=bigshag1999 link=topic=67197.msg775020#msg775020 date=1268304306]
Come on now everybody what was the other team doing while Yates was running up the scoreboard? Keep the pedal to the medal. U play to win da game. Its not coach Wise fault he is 15 deep. Dont schedule Yates if u dont wanna be blown out. Man when u get on dat court all dat class and humility b-s gets thrown out da window. That is your opponent and u gone do everything in ur power to embarrass his or their behind! Yates has great players, a great coach, and a great fanbase. If yall all mad at Yates? I havent heard not 1 mumbling word about UConn women beating everybody in double digits and embarrassing the other teams players. U say show class? Say sometrhing bout Gino A. and UConn women if u gone be down on Wise and Yates

[quote name="SFA85" post="775737" timestamp="1268357172"]
I will remember this whole whining about JY next time a Lake Travis or a SLC run up 70+ points in a football game......
[/quote]I'm glad you mentioned that 85, two years ago #1 in 5a that year Atascacita beat MHS 30-0 in baseball  that game lasted 5 innings (mercy rule) Their 3rd base coach gave his sign and told every  batter that stepped in the batters box that night to ''HIT IT FAR'' (yelling)he did not get off the gas pedal , didn't give the  bunt signal, or any of things basically he press the whole game.

[quote name="Buddy09" post="776160" timestamp="1268427262"]
Does anyone know how this Yates team did when this years seniors where Freshman and Sophs.  I am sure most of them had to have been on varsity.   How far in the playoffs did Yates go then?
[/quote]

When these kids were sophmores they beat Ozen in the regional semis and lost to Wheatly (team they should have beaten) in the regional finals.  Anthony Jones 6'10" starter at small forward for baylor was their big man.  Another kid started at point, but all these kids played.  Peters and Joseph started...

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="775726" timestamp="1268355515"]
[/quote]

[/quote]I was thinking the same thing. Why didn't the team just stop at 20-0? "oh, we decided to score 46 points and stop scoring. sheez!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="776165" timestamp="1268427991"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=67197.msg775726#msg775726 date=1268355515]
[/quote]

[/quote]I was thinking the same thing. Why didn't the team just stop at 20-0? "oh, we decided to score 46 points and stop scoring. sheez!
[/quote]

I guess 46 is the magic number lol

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="776168" timestamp="1268428186"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=67197.msg776165#msg776165 date=1268427991]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=67197.msg775726#msg775726 date=1268355515]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess 46 is the magic number lol
[/quote]No, I think it's 50. Anything under 50 points is not embarassing the team :D

Guest strongend
Maybe since the Yates kids can read, they may actually read all the negative things that a bunch of wannabe coaches are writing about them.  That would be ammo for some serious beatings in my book.  Remember that the "ghetto" and "ghetto kids"  are still American and live in the great country that allows them the choice to do alot of things including run up the score.  I am sure they do it just to piss off all the unathletic white no basketball playin fat ass dads that can only post on setxsports

[quote name="ST413" post="776173" timestamp="1268428487"]
No body said Yates should stop playing. It was stated that they only ran the ball in the second half. They didn't pass which is somewhat comparable to Yates stopping the press.
[/quote]Ran the ball?For what? Why didn't the team just fall on the ball at the end of each play and PUNT?  :o :o

Yates is trying to possibly set the 100 consecutive point games record out of reach. They have to score 100, which makes the game a blowout against any other team, and this is in the playoffs. They're the #1 team in the nation and we should all be proud a Texas team holds that honor.

All this ghetto talk and these racist remarks against SLC, why don't you guys go crawl back under that rock from whence you came. I'm about as white as you can get, and I like Yates basketball, so that shoots your stance to heck and back. You guys kill me. Have a nice day!

[quote name="baddog" post="776204" timestamp="1268431318"]
Yates is trying to possibly set the 100 consecutive point games record out of reach. They have to score 100, which makes the game a blowout against any other team, and this is in the playoffs. They're the #1 team in the nation and we should all be proud a Texas team holds that honor.

All this ghetto talk and these racist remarks against SLC, why don't you guys go crawl back under that rock from whence you came. I'm about as white as you can get, and I like Yates basketball, so that shoots your stance to heck and back. You guys kill me. Have a nice day!
[/quote]There you go throwing everything out of the mix and setting us back to square one. A white guy saying this...and where were you when we needed you during the civil rights movement? ;)