MOST DISAPPOINTING FINISH OF YOUR FAV HS TEAM???

Guest ANGRYANGEL

Guest ANGRYANGEL
What team had the most disappointing finish of any team that you can remember?

For Example:
undefeated Silsbee team that lost in 1st round (tholden, larline, etc...)
2001 Kountze Lion team that lost to Wharton (thancock, tpeters, etc...)

[quote name="ANGRYANGEL" post="773809" timestamp="1268153079"]
What team had the most disappointing finish of any team that you can remember?

For Example:
undefeated Silsbee team that lost in 1st round (tholden, larline, etc...)
[b] 2001 Kountze Lion team that lost to Wharton (thancock, tpeters, etc...)
[/b]
[/quote]

I would say the 2001 Kountze team coached by Sutherland. They were 33-1 heading into a quarterfinal matchup with Wharton. Four starters returned from a State Semi-Finalist team the year before and a team with both Hancocks (Tramaine - Sr, Keithan - Fr), Trey Peters, Isiah & Curtis Morgan. This team was LOADED!

2000 Central Jaguars...  Lost in the third round to an Aldine Eisenhower team that they beat by twenty in the pre-season.  Next game would have been Willowridge.  The team was loaded.. Dominique Young, Brandon Anrews, Ronnie Davis, Henry Morris, Teddy Hall!!!  Dominque was hurt for the district, they still finished tied in second place.  Lost to IKE in OT, Dominiques first game back.

[quote name="ST413" post="773924" timestamp="1268162556"]
The undefeated Tiger team and the loss to Jasper last year.
[/quote]Two years ago My Pirates beat Yuga toget to the regional finals and was
beat by Big Sandy by 10 or 12.

And last years Silsbee getting beat by Jasper

That Tiger team peaked too soon.  They were trying to hard to stay undefeated, and stay # 1.  That # 1 ranking is like an albatross around your neck if you don't know how to handle it.  I saw them 2 or 3 times.  They should of played some really good 5a team and lost a few times.  Then build up steam for the playoff run.

I agree, but Silsbee palyed 6 5A teams that year and beat all of them by 15 or more points. Silsbee just became to confident that year. The most disappointing year was when half the team was kicked off due to skipping school and Silsbee hung in their vs PA Lincoln. The game was played at West Brook High. Lincoln 78 Silsbee 61. I think HErb Sapp jr was the high man with 16 for the Tigers!

I can't place you Boogy1000.  I want to think you're a young person, but if you know all that stuff, you been around at least a minute.  So much for that.

Herb Sapp, Jr?  I didn't know this person existed.  I haven't seen Herb Sr, again, in a minute.  In fact, I think the last time we spoke we were sitting in the stands watching a game that has been mentioned here a few times: Silsbee vs. PA Lincoln & Steve Jackson, back in the day.

I just saw someone named Jerry Howard, Jr on facebook.  Both Herb and Jerry Srs. were class of '73.  Ask either one about Michael Dabney, and or David Brown.  They can tell you.

Kounter, Herb Sapp jr. was mainly a 3rd string player that Joe Sigler couldnt find time for until Chris Marin, Tirus Elam, and Brian Doss were kicked off for skipping class. Sapp was a good player and had a nice outside shot. He wasnt a start by anyone's standards, but a good roll player. Jackson & Harris use to kill Silsbee down low. I went to see all of those games back in the day. FYI.....I'm just 30 yrs old but my older sister graduated with Darell Macarthur and thats when I begin to watch Tiger bb

Silsbee coaches do just fine! It's funny to sit in the stands and hear 40 people complain about what Travis does as a coach. My question is can you do better???? The job of a head coach isnt just to coach but mold young men and women into productive adults. All of the SeTx coaches did a fine job this year! Great job guys! We enjoyed a heck of a year in basketball!

[quote name="RP3" post="777091" timestamp="1268621187"]
laseagle:
You are COMPLETELY out of line for your comments about the Silsbee coaching staff...Were you not jumping up and down and high fiving and bragging when they defeated Hardin Jefferson in the regional tournament in Huntsville, just one week ago? I mean, you DID say you were a huge fan, right? Dont be a fair weather one...If you are a fan, be a fan, NOT a dang coaching critic, because obviously thats not your day job because if it were they would all be fired and you would go out and get Billy Gillespie to coach the basketball team and go lure Todd Dodge for football!! How dare you criticize the players and coaches that go out there night after night to represent gutless people like yourself who just kick them when they are down talking about what they should have done!! Go to the Silsbee players and coaches on Monday and tell them that to their faces, at least after you are stomped in the ground I could respect you more! That is very cowardly of you to talk about the job that these men do to represent YOU in the 3A FINAL FOUR in Austin...How dare you! Some "fan" you are....
[/quote]

That is one statement I definitely agree with.

[quote name="ST413" post="777125" timestamp="1268624483"]
[quote author=RP3 link=topic=67102.msg777091#msg777091 date=1268621187]
laseagle:
You are COMPLETELY out of line for your comments about the Silsbee coaching staff...Were you not jumping up and down and high fiving and bragging when they defeated Hardin Jefferson in the regional tournament in Huntsville, just one week ago? I mean, you DID say you were a huge fan, right? Dont be a fair weather one...If you are a fan, be a fan, NOT a dang coaching critic, because obviously thats not your day job because if it were they would all be fired and you would go out and get Billy Gillespie to coach the basketball team and go lure Todd Dodge for football!! How dare you criticize the players and coaches that go out there night after night to represent gutless people like yourself who just kick them when they are down talking about what they should have done!! Go to the Silsbee players and coaches on Monday and tell them that to their faces, at least after you are stomped in the ground I could respect you more! That is very cowardly of you to talk about the job that these men do to represent YOU in the 3A FINAL FOUR in Austin...How dare you! Some "fan" you are....
[/quote]

That is one statement I definitely agree with.
[/quote]ME TOO, laseagle needs to either get ON or get OFF the wagon ::) ::)

Guest BKJ85
I think ST413 needs to get his facts straight about the one he says quit the tigers because he could not run the team. There were three kids who quit before the Christmas break. All of them had there reasons. I think you are talking about JJ in particular. If you are, then I know you don't know what you are talking about. You are just as wrong for you statement as you say the guy bashing the coaching staff is. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I will never name any player on here for something such as that. Any info I have been given came from someone tied to the team. For you to bring up a players name is sad. Jeremy has been great for Silsbee and I would never suggest otherwise.

Guest BKJ85
[quote name="ST413" post="777356" timestamp="1268686116"]
I will never name any player on here for something such as that. Any info I have been given came from someone tied to the team. For you to bring up a players name is sad. Jeremy has been great for Silsbee and I would never suggest otherwise.
[/quote]You refered to it I just said it out loud. I can do that. Every one tied to Silsbee basketball knows about the team roster from the beginning of the season to the end so, don't get all sensitive with me. You did not have to make that statement.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder