UTfanatic

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophs(freshman for png fans) ;D

Nederland with two lopside victories again last Friday and Saturday

Beat Livingston with Hanley and Nevala pitching

Beat Vidor with Stampley and Sanderson pitching.

Now 20-1 on the year. Next up lumberton.........fear the DOGS

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=purple][/color][size=12pt][/size]PNG JV finishes the season with a 15-0 romping of Central.  Collin Walker pitched a complete game.  They finished 21-3 for the season.  Great job guys.  Already can't wait until next year!

Sophs

Nederland 19    Lumberton  3

Smith goes four and Sanderson gets the mop up duty. Lumberton had only one infield hit in the first.

Sophs finish the year 21-1 with the only loss to westbrook JV.

Great things for Nederland in the not too far future. 8)

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="797203" timestamp="1272887252"]
Sophs

Nederland 19    Lumberton  3

Smith goes four and Sanderson gets the mop up duty. Lumberton had only one infield hit in the first.

Sophs finish the year 21-1 with the only loss to westbrook JV.

Great things for Nederland in the not too far future. 8)
[/quote]

What an idiot.  It's freshman ball.  Seems Nederland won district ND made it to the Regional Finals last year and won district THIS YEAR without these players.  So I think great things just may be going on right now. :o

Guest Penny
Not sure of the exact math, but between the soph/jv/varsity, I think they may have lost 10ish games and won 60ish... so yeah, present is glowing big time...and the future may not be too bad either.  Robbins has a program rolling like none in the area.  But there's no time like the present, there is serious pitching depth, one of the best players in the State and just about everything you could ask to take a shot at it all.

Guest diehardbaseballmom
Good lord...yes heaven forbid they be excited about the [b]future[/b] of Nederland baseball. Don't worry mommies and daddies of current players...your boys are already in the spotlight so take a chill pill and let those coming up STAY excited!! Way to be a bunch of selfish glory hogs!! Dang!

[quote name="diehardbaseballmom" post="797665" timestamp="1272987030"]
Good lord...yes heaven forbid they be excited about the [b]future[/b] of Nederland baseball. Don't worry mommies and daddies of current players...your boys are already in the spotlight so take a chill pill and let those coming up STAY excited!! Way to be a bunch of selfish glory hogs!! Dang!
[/quote]That person that made those crazy coments ..surely is not from Nederland...My son is currently on varisty and I am looking forward to the future...So don't read in to the B.S some of these people post..

Guest diehardbaseballmom
Well sorry but Penny and Cool Hand Luke are making the rest of ya'll look bad then! They should probably just relax and enjoy their kids successes right now!  BulldogBacker is right though...looking at those sophomore/freshman (whatever you want to call it) scores...it does seem that Nederland baseball WILL have an even brighter future!!!  ;)  Sorry to burst a little bubble, Penny & Luke! It seems like you have a talented group of athletes there. I would hope that the coaches would capitalize on that. I guess we will have to wait and see!

[quote name="diehardbaseballmom" post="797678" timestamp="1272989163"]
Well sorry but Penny and Cool Hand Luke are making the rest of ya'll look bad then! They should probably just relax and enjoy their kids successes right now!  [glow=red,2,300]BulldogBacker is right though...looking at those sophomore/freshman (whatever you want to call it) scores...it does seem that Nederland baseball WILL have an even brighter future!!!  ;)  Sorry to burst a little bubble[/glow], Penny & Luke!
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the same group of boys that dominated in football too!? It seems like you have a talented group of athletes there. I would hope that the coaches would capitalize on that. I guess we will have to wait and see!
[/quote]I think your missing the point of what I am saying so just forget it..It is not a competion YET :o And all Penny is doing ..is trying to put a fire out before it gets going...Is cool hand luke from Nederland ...you probably don't even know..MOM I think your looking for any little thing..The younger kids are very talented just like the kids on varsity now... were very good at that age..The younger boys will get a shot sooner than later...NOW lets back the dogs in the playoffs today 2010

Guest diehardbaseballmom
Basebow...I got your point thanks! I'm not the one looking for any little thing though...It's obvious by the comments made by Luke & Penny that they want all the glory/focus for the NOW NOW NOW... and no one is trying to take that away [i]anyways[/i] so it was lame for them to even bring it up. All [i]I AM [/i] saying is that Nederland is strong like NHS83LU87 posted. It should continue for a long time so good luck to them ALL!!  It will be fun to watch!

Well its a little tense in here!  My son Trev plays on varsity and I take great offense to baseball mom calling us "selfish glory hogs". I do agree there is talent on the underclassmen teams. I'm sure the winning tradition will live on for many years to come.  But you shouldn't take away the excited and pride that we parents of the varsity players have for our boys. They deserve to be bragged on and talked up. Just wait till your boy is on that field playing at the varsity level. You will not take to kindly to someone making commemts like you have. Just relax and wait your turn and let us enjoy our boys while they're still playing here. You're turn will be here before you know it. 

1696Dogs I have a grandson playing on the sophomore team and trust me they are good but the varsity team is the real deal. The Dogs have a good chance for Austin. You have to be good and a little lucky. Nothing but the best of luck and enjoy every moment. I had a granddaughter on the softball team 2 years ago that went to Austin and the memories are forever.

Guest Penny
Be careful Husker, may get the wrath of some on this board for talking about the here and now.  Can't even tip your cap to the whole program and talk about the opportunity in front of this team.... to some folks.

[quote name="diehardbaseballmom" post="797678" timestamp="1272989163"]
[u][i][b]Well sorry but Penny and Cool Hand Luke are making the rest of ya'll look bad then![/b][/i][/u] They should probably just relax and enjoy their kids successes right now!  BulldogBacker is right though...looking at those sophomore/freshman (whatever you want to call it) scores...it does seem that Nederland baseball WILL have an even brighter future!!!  ;)  Sorry to burst a little bubble, Penny & Luke!
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the same group of boys that dominated in football too!? It seems like you have a talented group of athletes there. I would hope that the coaches would capitalize on that. I guess we will have to wait and see!
[/quote]

Wow!  Seriously?  You do realize that people residing in cities other than Nederland post here, right?  Why do you assume Penny and Cool Hand Luke speak for the parents of all Nederland Varsity players?  Or even that they are from Nederland to begin with?

The truth of the matter is that when your kid is on Varsity, the focus will be on him and those he plays with.  8th grade athletes get more attention than 7th grade athletes.  Freshman athletes get more than 8th grade athletes and so it goes.

Remember, this Varsity team returned nearly all of the boys made it to the regional finals last year.  If the future WILL be brighter, we will all be very proud because they'll have to make it to state.

Guest diehardbaseballmom
My goodness....it IS tense in here. You ALL are missing my point in the first place....Cool Luke calling another poster (BulldogBacker) an idiot is what [i]I [/i] was bringing attention to. Maybe it was wrong of me to "assume" that Luke & Penny are from Nederland *I apologize* but I just didn't think anyone from outside Ned would make such comments about a team if they weren't personally vested.  Take note that there has been nothing but positive things said about the current team/program. Not one person, INCLUDING MYSELF, said [i]anything[/i] negative about the current team so best of luck to your boys and undoubtedly, they will go far!!

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="798578" timestamp="1273178397"]
Have you heard Nederland's Varsity has a game tonight.....there are no more underclass games so this thread is dead...Everyone needs to move on and enjoy the playoffs.
[/quote]

no where in this thread mentioned varsity teams,,,, good or bad... until AH cool hand luke, et al, got involed.

this was all about sub varsity.

I guess thats what makes me an idiot...assuming that the subject would not end up on varsity teams. ???

BTW Nederlands freshman class lost 1 game in footbal, 2 games in basketball, and 1 game in baseball ;D

anyone dare to compare with any other class, past or present?

[b]Subject re-hijacked back to sub varsity[/b].

I really wished the back and forth would have stopped.  Trying to compare classes is really impossible to do.  Since my two sons have attended NHS there was not single year except Jordan's Freshman year of basketball that a class had all but one of it's players stay at the freshman level.  Josh Dean, Jordan, Jude Vidrine, and Trey Terracina never played a complete season together until their Junior year.  Jordan and Josh never played freshman baseball.  Jude and Trey only played freshman half a season.  That's a variable you can't control.  My other son's class has provided starters and relief pitching for last year's Regional Finalist in baseball and are waiting to see how far they go this year maybe 254 and will return most of the starters for next year except outfield. ;D  That class provided most of the players on the 2010 Area Finalist basketball team as well.(That basketball team was the first to have Brian English for a full four years a variable you can't control)  Anthony Babino, Trevin Sonnier, and Stephen Schlett never played freshman baseball and Jacob and Tyler Smith split time between JV and Freshman.  That class never all played together.  Jacob is the first player since the fifties to be able to say he was an active player on the District Champs in both basketball and baseball at the Varsity level.  My point to saying all of this is that there are always too many variables(who the coach is...players moved up...injury issues..etc) to simply try to compare classes.  When you get to high school the classes intermix and become one team the BULLDOGS!  There is no I in team!  Once again I am excited about the past, present, and future of Bulldog Athletics!  So be part of the team and enjoy the ride,the present and future are bright, or change the screenname to BulldogFreshmanBacker only. ;)  I know you support us it's just a joke.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86