DAYTON'S A.J. DUGAT KICKED OFF UH TEAM BY SUMLIN

Its funny about human nature it seems the first inclination is to always believe the negative spin on things. I guess some people literally cant resist it makes them feel good about their own rotten reality. Reminds me of a proverb ~ "get the tree out of your own eye before you judge the splinter in mine"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="767049" timestamp="1267201451"]
You can take my word for it or not, it really does not matter.  If you would rather listen to the conjecture and feel that makes a better coffee shop discussion then go ahead.  But I can assure you I know more of what is going on than anyone else on this board.

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66504.msg766981#msg766981 date=1267189503]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=66504.msg766976#msg766976 date=1267187521]
Bottom line AJ did not like Phillips, his position coach, who is now the OC.  Quit trying to make stuff up about him being released for other reasons.  He did not like it there, quit going to class, handled it wrong and now will have to fight to make his way back to Div. 1 football, if he wants to play again.  Being released for a bat and gun is not true. 

[b]You wanted to know what happened, there it is in a nutshell.  A personality conflict that could not be resolved. [/b] The kid will move forward despite what the people in Kountry Kitchen have to say about him.
[/quote]Are you A.J.'s daddy?

And I suppose we are just to take your word on it. Yea right. ::)

There are three sides to every story. Side A, side B and usually somewhere in the middle, the truth. ;)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Have been called that among other things!!!  ;)

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="767098" timestamp="1267209093"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=66504.msg767049#msg767049 date=1267201451]
You can take my word for it or not, it really does not matter.  If you would rather listen to the conjecture and feel that makes a better coffee shop discussion then go ahead.  But I can assure you I know more of what is going on than anyone else on this board.

Bottom line AJ did not like Phillips, his position coach, who is now the OC.  Quit trying to make stuff up about him being released for other reasons.  He did not like it there, quit going to class, handled it wrong and now will have to fight to make his way back to Div. 1 football, if he wants to play again.  Being released for a bat and gun is not true. 

[b]You wanted to know what happened, there it is in a nutshell.  A personality conflict that could not be resolved. [/b] The kid will move forward despite what the people in Kountry Kitchen have to say about him.

There are three sides to every story. Side A, side B and usually somewhere in the middle, the truth. ;)
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Just going by what I read on here. I personally don't know the kid. I made nothing up either. I don't see why anyone would make things up about the bat and gun either. Reread my post. It was mostly a question.

Don't the kids get a chance to meet their coaches before signing?

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="767148" timestamp="1267213624"]
Have been called that among other things!!!  ;)

[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=66504.msg767098#msg767098 date=1267209093]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=66504.msg767049#msg767049 date=1267201451]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]I sure see the family resemblance---he looks a lot like you and his momma.

Looks like the hater-ade is being passed around like bottles in the VIP.  Bottom line, the kid is in a crappy situation and needs to make the best decision that he can for his future. Hopefully, he will get it together and make a move in a more positive and productive direction. I do wonder if the response to this would be any different he played his high school ball at a school on the other side of the trinity.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="766905" timestamp="1267158515"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=66504.msg766743#msg766743 date=1267151572]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=66504.msg766254#msg766254 date=1267121534]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=66504.msg766030#msg766030 date=1267076387]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=66504.msg765920#msg765920 date=1267067284]
[font=Courier]Standout player??

Hope that was sarcastic Buc....I went to 5 home games. He didn't do much at all except waive fair catches on punts. They won't be missed.[/font]
[/quote]

really?  he was their top recruit, a parade all-american and blue chip athlete

he was expected to vie for a starting spot in the wide open spread at UH in '10...he learned the scheme in a secondary role and it was speculated he would have a 1000 yard season...

he was a true freshman...on a huge stage...it's impressive he knew when to call fair catch and actually catch it...

i'd say they had something invested in him, and he'll be missed

[quote]

Huge Stage?? U of H??  Maybe big stage, but I think the huge stages are in Austin, College Station, and Lubbock.  I hate to hear this about this kid.  He was an amazing player in HS.  I'm sure he is after a quick dollar, just like all the rappers told him he should be. 
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

yeah...I'd say being in the AP top 25 for 11 of 14 weeks of the 2009 season, top 15 for 4 of those weeks would be a huge stage...granted they kind of came apart toward the end...but still, big wins w/ Ok State, [b]Texas Tech[/b] and Mississippi State (it's still SEC) was a tough season for a conf USA team...and almost won the conf title...

it's not the big 12 championship, but still...that's a huge stage...it's not Blinn we're talking about here (no offense)

yeah...rappers told him to do it...just like that dog told the son of sam to kill all those people, real classy...
[/quote]

Blinn's not too bad.  Alot more successful too.  Last time I checked, they were winning national championships.  4 to be exact, with 2 of them being recent.  While Houston has talent and is D1, I honestly believe Blinn could give them a run for their money.  They didnt even win conference USA, which isn't exactly a powerhouse conference.
[/quote]

right...i'm positive that a JuCo would give a DI conference runner-up a run for their money...i'm not saying they're Texas or Alabama, but they beat Tech, Ok State and an SEC team...jeez

you are a TRUE Brenham homer!

I dont know how much truth there is in any of this conjecture about AJ.  There are coaches and programs that give second chances to kids but the biggest limitation AJ has put on himself in this situation is academic elegibility.  If he has created a situation that puts his future academic eligibility in question that will really limit what options he has and what programs he has access to.

It is unfortunate that what ever the circumstances are that he let academics become a limiting factor.  It sounds like he is already a semester behind plus any issues from his first semester.  This can be overcome but he is going to have to make a committment to academics like he never has before.  College programs have little to no tolerance for academic casulties because of all the support they give athletes. 

I wish the young man good luck.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="765922" timestamp="1267067405"]
[quote author=SETXSPORTSJUNKIE link=topic=66504.msg765900#msg765900 date=1267066551]
Sad turn of events I just heard from a co-worker.  AJ was already on probation for hitting someone with a bat, so now pulling a gun on someone else didn't set to well with the university.  He might look better in Liberty County stripes, not LU RED!  Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I had heard about the bat and gun, but was told it was just rumors and nothing had been confirmed, yet.
[/quote]
it is pure rumor. aj told me it was just for skipping class and he dont like the uh coaches. just abunch of jealous people saying that bull. aj is a great guy but i pray for his sake he dnt go to lamar or sam. that wouldnt be good for a guy thats used to winning lol

I find it really unusual (and hard to believe) that a player would have so much dislike for his coaches in just one year. These are the same guys he was loving when they recruited him just over a year ago.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Somebody not getting his way and now wanting to cry about it.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="buckin bronco 09" post="768021" timestamp="1267316749"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66504.msg765922#msg765922 date=1267067405]
[quote author=SETXSPORTSJUNKIE link=topic=66504.msg765900#msg765900 date=1267066551]
Sad turn of events I just heard from a co-worker.  AJ was already on probation for hitting someone with a bat, so now pulling a gun on someone else didn't set to well with the university.  He might look better in Liberty County stripes, not LU RED!  Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I had heard about the bat and gun, but was told it was just rumors and nothing had been confirmed, yet.
[/quote]
it is pure rumor. aj told me it was just for skipping class and he dont like the uh coaches. just abunch of jealous people saying that bull. aj is a great guy but i pray for his sake he dnt go to lamar or sam. that wouldnt be good for a guy thats used to winning lol
[/quote]

Well, you and AJ both better get those rose colored glasses off pretty soon.  He may not really get to choose where he plays next.  Even if the reason for leaving was "I didn't like the coaches" - there are lot of schools that don't want that attitude in their program.  And it DOES make a good story for not making his grades. :'(

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="768042" timestamp="1267320870"]
I find it really unusual (and hard to believe) that a player would have so much dislike for his coaches in just one year. These are the same guys he was loving when they recruited him just over a year ago.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Somebody not getting his way and now wanting to cry about it.
[/quote]

The key point you're choosing to overlook for the sake of your argument is that Holgerson is no longer there.  Holgerson was crucial in his recruitment.

If my memory serves me correctly and far as I know it does"Weren't these 2 players released from the Coog team the very same 2 that got their helmets stolen after the fan onslaught on the field and thousands intermingled in the middle of it all during the celebration.That incident probably started the attitude problem as coaches wanted them to pay for the helmets.Not making a excuse for either but we probably don't know enuff to chat about facts or fiction.

[quote name="liltex" post="768183" timestamp="1267368120"]
If my memory serves me correctly and far as I know it does"Weren't these 2 players released from the Coog team the very same 2 that got their helmets stolen after the fan onslaught on the field and thousands intermingled in the middle of it all during the celebration.That incident probably started the attitude problem as coaches wanted them to pay for the helmets.Not making a excuse for either but we probably don't know enuff to chat about facts or fiction.
[/quote]

Ya, but wasn't their third player?

[quote name="SETXSPORTSJUNKIE" post="765925" timestamp="1267067608"]
I hope it is rumor.  This kid is amazing.  [font=Verdana]Maybe misguided priorities[/font], but I guess what 20 or 21 year old doesn't at times.
[/quote]
RUMORED TO BE A BAT AND GUN , SHOULD HE HAVE USED SOMETHING ELSE ??? ??? ???  ;D ;D

Regardless of what this individual has done, he needs to use the gift God has given him. Nothing is handed in this world and it would be a waste for him not to utilize his talent on the playing field. I hope he finds what he's looking for and suck it up and play some football!

[quote name="Campee" post="769832" timestamp="1267588843"]
[quote author=SETXSPORTSJUNKIE link=topic=66504.msg765925#msg765925 date=1267067608]
I hope it is rumor.  This kid is amazing.  [font=Verdana]Maybe misguided priorities[/font], but I guess what 20 or 21 year old doesn't at times.
[/quote]
RUMORED TO BE A BAT AND GUN , SHOULD HE HAVE USED SOMETHING ELSE ??? ??? ???  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Quit spreading rumors that aren't true.

Real story is and was the fact the player and the OC did not get along well and the player told him he would not wear the uniform next year so they parted ways.The university can give any reason they want but I'm told this today from a very reliable source and I know him to be a very honest person.He then told me of Cameron LaCour's (2008 RB/DB Dayton)big win in track @UH track/field event recently this evening @ his home in Dayton.

• 3 weeks later...