Places to eat in Liberty or Dayton

jarhead15

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="jarhead15" post="764153" timestamp="1266868806"]
Anybody have a restaurant recommendation to eat at in either Liberty or Dayton?  Thanks
[/quote]

There is a Mexican Restaurant on 1960 west of Dayton a couple of miles that is pretty good.  Also a Mexican Restaurant in Liberty (Tres Amigos I think) that is on 146 North that is also pretty good.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="764168" timestamp="1266869580"]
[quote author=jarhead15 link=topic=66391.msg764153#msg764153 date=1266868806]
Anybody have a restaurant recommendation to eat at in either Liberty or Dayton?  Thanks
[/quote]

There is a Mexican Restaurant on 1960 west of Dayton a couple of miles that is pretty good.  Also a Mexican Restaurant in Liberty ([b]Tres Amigos [/b] I think) that is on 146 North that is also pretty good.
[/quote]

Mas Amigos... pretty good.

This is on my webpage about half way down....
http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html

TOUPS GRAPHICS RECOMMENDS
DAYTON EATING ESTABLISHMENTS

DAYTON JACK IN THE BOX
Home of the Toups Graphics pictures of the week. Come in and eat at the best fast food restaurant in Dayton and enjoy the pictures of the week. Toups Graphics choice - Sirlion Burger meal with bacon

BRANDING IRON
A great home cooked restaurant at the intersection of HWY 146 and HWY 90 on the north side of HWY 90. Come on in and taste the best onion rings you will ever eat. One portion is enough for two. Toups Graphics choice - Steak fajita pita with onion rings. YUMM YUMM!

BEST WESTERN TEXAS SEAFOOD AND STEAKHOUSE
Delicious seafood and steak at a modest price. Located west of Dayton on HWY 90 just past the Best Western. Toups Graphics choice - grilled fish on rice topped with shrimp

LOS COMPADRES
Some like Pesos (down HWY 1960) and some like Los Compadres. As for me, it's the Dayton Town Center location which is at the intersection of HWY 1960 and HWY 321. Great tasting Mexican food is found here. Toups Graphics choice - Acapulco Dinner or the grilled fish dinner on rice.

[quote name="7mary3" post="764502" timestamp="1266897948"]
Between Dayton and Liberty you have 47 mexican food places, 63 gas stations (50 of those in Dayton), and any other mom and pop restaurant and diner you can think of.  Oh I forgot the 15 Donut shops, take your pick.
[/quote]

Would any of those 63 gas stations be an Allsups by any chance, where you can not only get a deep fried burrito, but also walk out smelling like one for about a week?????

[quote name="jarhead15" post="764620" timestamp="1266933642"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=66391.msg764502#msg764502 date=1266897948]
Between Dayton and Liberty you have 47 mexican food places, 63 gas stations (50 of those in Dayton), and any other mom and pop restaurant and diner you can think of.  Oh I forgot the 15 Donut shops, take your pick.
[/quote]

Would any of those 63 gas stations be an Allsups by any chance, where you can not only get a deep fried burrito, but also walk out smelling like one for about a week?????
[/quote]

"Lewies" there in Liberty on Hwy 90 might be your best chance for that.... 8)

[quote name="jarhead15" post="764620" timestamp="1266933642"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=66391.msg764502#msg764502 date=1266897948]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, no Allsups, home of tamales in a crock pot. They are much further north.

JAX Hamburgers is top notch, right across from Liberty Court House, east side.

Also, if you have a little extra time, and it is around lunch, you can head out of town about 10 minutes to the city of Ames.  It is right on Hwy 90 and at the 4 way there is a little restaurant called Cookies soul food kitchen.  Not much to look at, but some of the best eating I have ever had.  Buffet style, fried porkchops, fried chicken, greens, cornbread......trust me, if you are visiting, do not miss that place!

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="764765" timestamp="1266948965"]
Also, if you have a little extra time, and it is around lunch, you can head out of town about 10 minutes to the city of Ames.  It is right on Hwy 90 and at the 4 way there is a little restaurant called Cookies soul food kitchen.  Not much to look at, but some of the best eating I have ever had.  Buffet style, fried porkchops, fried chicken, greens, cornbread......trust me, if you are visiting, do not miss that place!
[/quote]

This would certainly be my choice.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="764800" timestamp="1266951707"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=66391.msg764765#msg764765 date=1266948965]
[/quote]

This would certainly be my choice.

[/quote]tALKING ABOUT WORD OF MOUTH ADERTISING. i'VE SEEN THAT PLACE. I guess I'm going to stop and test the food one day.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="764773" timestamp="1266949549"]
Chili's??? In Liberty? Man, my job transferred me there back in the early 80's. They barely had a WAlMart there at that time. Chili's! Wow!
[/quote]

A reliable source told me there was specific reasons why Walmart & Chilies built in Liberty instead of Dayton.

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="764765" timestamp="1266948965"]
[/quote] I totally agree. Cookies has some great homemade food for cheap.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="764945" timestamp="1266961913"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=66391.msg764765#msg764765 date=1266948965]
[/quote] I totally agree. Cookies has some great homemade food for cheap.
[/quote

thanks for the help. Ended up going with Jax in Liberty. Quality burger and onion ring. Gonna plan ahead next time and hit Cookies..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder