TOP 5 PLAYERS IN SETX NEXT YEAR??

Guest ANGRYANGEL

Guest ksensat
Dont forget about those boys from LCM. Gonzales and Harley are Juniors, and Armstrong and Wells are Sophmores. I believe they will be a playoff contender next year for sure. They beat Ozen,Nederland, Central, and Livingston each once. Hopefully with a big returning cast they will get in the playoffs next year.

Forney and Smith both bring something to the table. But it depends on what style of offense you run. Forney is more of a solid post man but Smith is more athletic than Forney so it balances out. An as far as their future, I dont even think Forney will play basketball next year.

[quote name="Scoutu14" post="767193" timestamp="1267217209"]
Forney and Smith both bring something to the table. But it depends on what style of offense you run. Forney is more of a solid post man but Smith is more athletic than Forney so it balances out. An as far as their future, I dont even think Forney will play basketball next year.
[/quote]

??????...what makes you say Forney won't play basketball next year?  I doubt seriously you have anything solid to go on there and if you don't its a crazy statement to make.

IMO, Forney will play football on the defensive side.  He did have a solid campagn at QB last year.  Let's see how he does with a full season at the helm.  As far as basketball, think about it, Razor.  He is 6'5" playing at the post.  At the next level, he will  not cut it as a 6'5" post man.  Also, he have not shown anyone that he have forward like attributes like dribbling or shooting from the perimeter...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="767271" timestamp="1267223651"]
IMO, Forney will play football on the defensive side.  He did have a solid campagn at QB last year.  Let's see how he does with a full season at the helm.  As far as basketball, think about it, Razor.  He is 6'5" playing at the post.  At the next level, he will  not cut it as a 6'5" post man.  Also, he have not shown anyone that he have forward like attributes like dribbling or shooting from the perimeter...
[/quote]

He did quite a bit of dribbling in their playoff game and has good footwork i could see him at forward

I'm surprised to that so many are putting Dionte over Kelvin. And I thought Kelvin was a sophmore actually, but maybe he is a junior, I'm not sure. Plus Chris Cunningham plays really hard and he is a huge factor for Nederland. All that being said, I think Kelvin is a good bit better than Forney. He's more athletic and versatile and just overall plays better in my opinion. I've always thought Dionte was a bit overrated, not trying to take anything away from him, but to me he's just not AS great as some people say. But him and dionte along with cunningham play together quite well and I think it's more of between Kelvin and Chris Cunningham.

[quote name="Scoutu14" post="767193" timestamp="1267217209"]
[/quote]

How many times have you seen high school students sign baseball scholarships and still play football? (knowing they have no future in football) I know can be hard to believe for some people but some guys can be team players instead of playing for selfish reasons.

Football is Forney's focus. Because Nederland needs him to keep playing basketball, he will. Dionte seems to be lacking that fighting edge that made him such a threat. Now, he doesnt seem to really get into a game until some player for the other team starts to push him around a little. Dionte and Kelvin are both top 10 players next year, Forney is best player in SETX when he wants to be.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="767714" timestamp="1267254440"]
Football is Forney's focus. Because Nederland needs him to keep playing basketball, he will. Dionte seems to be lacking that fighting edge that made him such a threat. Now, he doesnt seem to really get into a game until some player for the other team starts to push him around a little. Dionte and Kelvin are both top 10 players next year, Forney is best player in SETX when he wants to be.
[/quote]Best player in setx?  I don't know about all that, but he is good... ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor