DeKaney @ Goose Creek Memorial: Scrimmage #1

Guest GCMPats

Guest GCMPats
GCM gets in some early work. DeKaney has a long way to go in the baseball department. They had several nice looking players, but could not throw strikes consistently.

Cody Butler works 2 scoreless innings, giving up one hit.
Dalton Going, Chance Czerwonka, and Michael Martinez got some innings in during the 4 hr scrimmage also.

Price Jacobs had 2 triples and 2 walks. At one point GCM had 16 runs on 6 hits.

The Goose will try again on Friday (weather permitting) in Pasadena.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="The Patriot" post="758662" timestamp="1265919333"]
I tell you that's nothing to be bragging about, it's like playing Mary's school for the blind.
[/quote]

No one's bragging. Just reporting the facts.

Trey Williams played CF for them. That kid is an athlete. Rushed for nearly 2,000 yards as a Soph. this year.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="The Patriot" post="758684" timestamp="1265921742"]
Anyone can hit a triple when they are feeding you potatoes, and I'm 68 and could have pitched a complete game shutout. Come on 16 runs on 6 hits, I would not want anyone to know I even stooped that low.
[/quote]

He'll eat potatoes all year! You can throw in some cheese if you like.

Those were the scrimmage notes. Take'em for what they are worth, which is not too much.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="758992" timestamp="1265986237"]
Come on GCMPats don't get carried away now, now your writing a check you can't cash..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Put Butler, Jacobs, or Czerwonka on the bump and we have the pitching to compete with ANYONE in the area. Not saying we would beat ANYONE 100% of the time, but I like our chances.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder