What two teams will it come down too for the District Title?

[quote name="scooter!" post="756633" timestamp="1265581781"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=65731.msg756462#msg756462 date=1265555456]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=65731.msg756414#msg756414 date=1265519793]
WB vs PAM for the title, NS third, LP fourth
[/quote]I applaud you for being a fan through thick and thin, but I believe this will be the same ol' PAM team. They'll be at the top half of the bottom of the district. Sorry.
[/quote] :D  we'll see.
[/quote]

[font=Tahoma][size=18pt][color=red]DA [color=blue]BROOK[/color][/color][/size][/font]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="756337" timestamp="1265504703"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=65731.msg756304#msg756304 date=1265499627]
PN-G has 20-4a in the bag!!!!
[/quote]Since D3zii seems to be under the weather (  :D :D ), I will quickly come in and say...  Ain't gonna happen.  We let you escape last year... 

But all seriously, here are my picks.

1. Central - D. Heard will be offensive player of the year next year
2. PN-G - What Faircloth have done with the Indians last year was NOT a one hit wonder.  Just watch and see.
3. Nederland - If you want to win, you start Forney on offense, point blank.
4. Ozen - I don't know what was missing last year, but it sure in the heck wasn't athletes
5. Vidor - No question if they can move the ball...  Question will be on the defensive side of the ball...
6. LC-M - Crouch, this is not 3a ball here.
7. Livingston - No Quinton Jackson...  No Keke Johnson...  No playoffs.
[b]8. Lumberton - No offense, but back to your rightful place.[/b][/quote]

Lumberton will not be on the bottom...........Top 4

PNG will be the team to beat

[/quote]Since D3zii seems to be under the weather (  :D :D ), I will quickly come in and say...  Ain't gonna happen.  We let you escape last year... 

2. PN-G - What Faircloth have done with the Indians last year was NOT a one hit wonder.  Just watch and see.
[b]4. Ozen - I don't know what was missing last year, but it sure in the heck wasn't athletes[/b]
5. Vidor - No question if they can move the ball...  Question will be on the defensive side of the ball...
8. Lumberton - No offense, but back to your rightful place.
[/quote]

Wait, what do you mean by "Crouch this is not 3a ball here."???  Did anyone else notice the huge improvement at LCM last year.  And they are returning 16-17 starters (all skill positions) and are in the second year in the system.  How could you possibly not put them top4???  (That track team that has been competitive, coming in 2nd at Lumberton, has 1 senior...)

Oh, and Lumberton will not be cellar dweller next year...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="770371" timestamp="1267676144"]
To be the best, you have to beat the best....untill somebody beats PNG in yalls district...they have to be the favorite.  Doesn't mean it can't be done though.
[/quote]

Not necessarily.
It depends on what all they have coming back and what all everyone else has coming back.
I don't agree with the steadfast rule that just because you did it last year you are favored this year.
It's completely different teams.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="778509" timestamp="1268915931"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=65731.msg770371#msg770371 date=1267676144]
To be the best, you have to beat the best....untill somebody beats PNG in yalls district...they have to be the favorite.  Doesn't mean it can't be done though.
[/quote]

Not necessarily.
It depends on what all they have coming back and what all everyone else has coming back.
I don't agree with the steadfast rule that just because you did it last year you are favored this year.
It's completely different teams.
[/quote]

I would agree with you, but they have this returning....Very accurate QB with experience, kids returning from a varsity team that just lost once last year and it was in the playoffs, an undefeated JV team, awesome coach, and I'm sure were all aware of their following...   That being said, others have their opinions on why their school should be favored.  I understand they lost a very talented HB, but when both your varsity and jv teams went undefeated in the regular season, it's hard to pick against them.  

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="football" post="778611" timestamp="1268931002"]
Playoff participants
1A(small)- Evadale and Burkeville
1A(large)- Lovelady and West Sabine
2A - Newton and Anahuac
3A - WOS,Silsbee,H-J
4A - Nederland, PNG, Central
5A - ???
[/quote]

I agree on the 2A it will come down between Anahuac vs Newton on October 29th 2010 in Anahuac this will be one of the top games of the year.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="756610" timestamp="1265578003"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=65731.msg756337#msg756337 date=1265504703]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=65731.msg756304#msg756304 date=1265499627]

4. Ozen - I don't know what was missing last year, but it sure in the heck wasn't athletes
[/quote]

We'll see about the top two positions. Faircloth has seriously ramped up the offseason program. You can expect PN-G to be a faster, more physical team next year.

That being said, I still expect the Central game to be a toss-up, and I just don't see 20-4A being ruled by anyone other than PN-G or Central.

While I'm at it, how many starters are returning for Central? We've lost Harmon, Dunbar, DeRon and two others, but [/quote]

What were the records and standings of the JV teams in 20-4A ? Just curious .

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="789922" timestamp="1271213168"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=65731.msg756610#msg756610 date=1265578003]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=65731.msg756337#msg756337 date=1265504703]

[/quote]

We'll see about the top two positions. Faircloth has seriously ramped up the offseason program. You can expect PN-G to be a faster, more physical team next year.

That being said, I still expect the Central game to be a toss-up, and I just don't see 20-4A being ruled by anyone other than PN-G or Central.

While I'm at it, how many starters are returning for Central? We've lost Harmon, Dunbar, DeRon and two others, but [/quote]

What were the records and standings of the JV teams in 20-4A ? Just curious .
[/quote]

I know PN-G's JV team went undefeated. I'm afraid I don't know the other records, though.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="756337" timestamp="1265504703"]
[/quote]Since D3zii seems to be under the weather (  :D :D ), I will quickly come in and say...  Ain't gonna happen.  We let you escape last year...  

2. PN-G - What Faircloth have done with the Indians last year was NOT a one hit wonder.  Just watch and see.
5. Vidor - No question if they can move the ball...  Question will be on the defensive side of the ball...
7. Livingston - No Quinton Jackson...  No Keke Johnson...  No playoffs.
[/quote]

Soulja that sounds like a slam against the Mustangs and 3A ball? Not many 4A teams have been able to beat that 3A team in the last several years. I'm sure i misinterpreted your post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder