*PNG@Vidor Broadcast/Vidor Wins!!!*

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros
The PNG Indians roll into Vidor tonight to take on the Vidor Pirates. Both teams are looking to get back on the winning track. This will be the fourth meeting of the season between the two and the Pirates will try to even the series up at 2 games a piece. All the action begins 15 minutes before tip with the Pax Supply Pre-Game show. Right here for your home of Vidor Pirate Athletics the SetxSports Network!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:vidor-pirates-vs-beaumont-kelly-bulldogs-730-pm&catid=73:games

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="JoesBros" post="755516" timestamp="1265384489"]
Yea Im looking forward to this one for obvious reasons  ;) BTW Im wearing black today not purple  ;D
[/quote]

That's it! You can no longer hold Alumni status!!! ;D ;D

Guest JoesBros
Vidor stepped it up for four quarters tonight. Big time shooting,great rebounding,and defense. PNG didnt help their cause with bad shots and turnovers but all in all a great win for the Pirates tonight!!

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="755927" timestamp="1265430511"]
Now we see why the someone was ranked ahead of PNG in the local rankings!!!!!!!!  Losing to Vidor......I mean come on!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

Like I told you goobers monday, not only have we lost two starting guards last week, but Monday in Practice we lost our 6'5" post to a broken wrist! Vidor probably played about as well as I've seen them play this year and we are quite simply looking like a week 2 pre-season team. Congratulations to the Pirates! You played well and deserved the W.

Oh yes, and we still kicked you guys little teddy bears a$$. as I remember it's been a clean sweep football, basketball (twice)!!!  a bit of baseball anyone? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest JoesBros
In the post game interview after the game Head Coach Zach Quinn said "We dont want to play spoiler but we are looking forward to it" LCM and Nederland next week!!

First off my hats off to Vidor for a great game! PNG I just cannot wrap my finger aroud their program; I guess call me the Devil's advocate. Back in the 07-08 season we had a GREAT team, and I mean that with everything in me. We had Kerr, and Thompson that should be enough said. Played Houston Wheatly in a scrimmage and played them very well, and at the time I think they were 8th in the state. Then injuries took over, and there that team went. Then this year we have probably the most depth we've had inawhile, with great height like the 07-08 team. But of course we do not win games we should. Not taking anything away from Vidor, so please do not think this reply is directed at how bad of a team Vidor is, but come on guys we are better than this! Loosing to Nederland both times this year, when everyone knows we had both of those games in the bag! I love PNG, but something has got to change. We have to start playing like the team I know we are every given night! Step it up!

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="756037" timestamp="1265438768"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=65668.msg755927#msg755927 date=1265430511]
Now we see why the someone was ranked ahead of PNG in the local rankings!!!!!!!!  Losing to Vidor......I mean come on!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

Like I told you goobers monday, not only have we lost two starting guards last week, but Monday in Practice we lost our 6'5" post to a broken wrist! Vidor probably played about as well as I've seen them play this year and we are quite simply looking like a week 2 pre-season team. Congratulations to the Pirates! You played well and deserved the W.

Oh yes, and we still kicked you guys little teddy bears a$$. as I remember it's been a clean sweep football, basketball (twice)!!!  a bit of baseball anyone? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] Yeah bring on the baseball!

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="756392" timestamp="1265516866"]
[quote author=Two-Dogs... link=topic=65668.msg756037#msg756037 date=1265438768]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=65668.msg755927#msg755927 date=1265430511]
[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah bring on the baseball!
[/quote]

Dude you don't even know what is being talked about!

[quote name="IndianPride" post="756201" timestamp="1265490535"]
First off my hats off to Vidor for a great game! PNG I just cannot wrap my finger aroud their program; I guess call me the Devil's advocate. Back in the 07-08 season we had a GREAT team, and I mean that with everything in me. We had Kerr, and Thompson that should be enough said. Played Houston Wheatly in a scrimmage and played them very well, and at the time I think they were 8th in the state. Then injuries took over, and there that team went. Then this year we have probably the most depth we've had inawhile, with great height like the 07-08 team. But of course we do not win games we should. Not taking anything away from Vidor, so please do not think this reply is directed at how bad of a team Vidor is, but come on guys we are better than this! Loosing to Nederland both times this year, when everyone knows we had both of those games in the bag! I love PNG, but something has got to change. We have to start playing like the team I know we are every given night! Step it up!
[/quote]

Man, this is WAAAAYYY off the mark ! We have about 7 kids that could contribute. We lost two starters to grades and one to injury. No depth at all. Look at the first Nederland game when English was running in 5-man units against us. By the middle of the third, we were gassed. Still should have beaten Nederland twice and with a win against Livingston, we are fine. If we just keep the kids we had eligible and healthy, we are in the playoffs. In speaking about the program in general, Coach Abel does a great job with the players and the hand that he is dealt. Basketball at PN-G will always be "low man on the totem pole". There are good basketball players and good athletes in general walking the halls every year that never see the court. Between the emphasis and success of football and baseball, it is just a fact of life that we have to deal with. Look back at the history of basketball at PN-G, that tells you everything that you need to know. Has to be one of the most frustrating jobs in the area.

Tribesmen sorry but I have to disagree. Vidor has probably just as much or less talent than png yet they were co district champs a few years back. Or look at Ned. now. I know you wouldn't dare tell us we are more talented at NHS would you? Lol but the coach has to be willing to go in and put in the extra work to change the culture.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder