East Chambers vs them Buna girls

[quote name="utfan06" post="746177" timestamp="1263917582"]
EC shouldnt loose a game untill the regional finals.... then its hello Woodville lol should be a good game
[/quote]

lol true that UT. Man i can't wait to see the turnout of that game. EC's starting team is pretty talented. And they have a good full bench as well. :)

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="748319" timestamp="1264219732"]
Welllllll....the way I see it is Ec IS beating everyone in the district, BUT not blowing them away like they should be! They only beat Buna by about 15 0r 16 and the same with Deweyville....I think the ego may be taking over...just play your game!
[/quote]

Too true Hoss. they dont seem to have an ego, they are humble players for the most part.
buna stepped it up but even on a bad game ec was a tougher team.
Deweyville is a different story, to comment on that game you'd have to have been there...it was
poorly officiated and was like playin some down and dirty football. but that does not excuse the nonextenxive lead

Oh...I was there...and you are so right about the officiating...it seems like the game of basketball is getting more and more physical and dirty! All referees now days seem to have their minds made up even before the game starts! I would love to watch a fairly called game just once in my daughter's high school years! But as far EC...they are awesome I have to give them that...they just need to play their game. Deweyville took a hard hit to their team with their PG out for the season....they can still do this if they can control the ball and get stronger on the board!

HMMM.....I feel badly that you have never seen a fairly called game....but if you have never seen a fairly called game....How would you know what one was?  I am curious....Do the officials cause the contact between players.... making the game dirty and physical....?  Do you really think that we sit around before a game and decided who is going to win?  Why would we do that?  What purpose would it serve?

We are human beings too....Believe it or not we even have feelings....so when you say things that are hurtful....well it hurts.......when you yell and scream at us...well we hear it....some say that don't hear it, but I care too much about what is going on the court not to let it bother me...so I hear it

i have been an official for 17 years.  I have Parkinson's disease...so...if you see me shaking it is not because I am scared....just sick. My doctor tells me to stay as active as long as possible to keep the disease in check...  Probably too much personal information....just wanted to share with you...I AM HUMAN....May the good Lord richly bless both of you and your families

Every team should be lucky enough to have Joe Whitted call their games.Especially the playoff type games,he is simply one of the best.I have given officials my share of grief over the years but OLDREF deserves not only our thanks but more importantly our respect which these young posters could learn some pointers on.I'll be the first to say it,my kids are all through the playing days but THANKS JOE for all the times you called their games.

[quote name="OLDREF" post="749157" timestamp="1264393279"]
HMMM.....I feel badly that you have never seen a fairly called game....but if you have never seen a fairly called game....How would you know what one was?  I am curious....Do the officials cause the contact between players.... making the game dirty and physical....?  Do you really think that we sit around before a game and decided who is going to win?  Why would we do that?  What purpose would it serve?

We are human beings too....Believe it or not we even have feelings....so when you say things that are hurtful....well it hurts.......when you yell and scream at us...well we hear it....some say that don't hear it, but I care too much about what is going on the court not to let it bother me...so I hear it

i have been an official for 17 years.  I have Parkinson's disease...so...if you see me shaking it is not because I am scared....just sick. My doctor tells me to stay as active as long as possible to keep the disease in check...  Probably too much personal information....just wanted to share with you...I AM HUMAN....May the good Lord richly bless both of you and your families
[/quote] Good post Ref...comments above are most likely from some kids....appreciate what ya'll do....not many folks could take the abuse shouted your way....Take care of yourself...and God Bless...

[quote name="OLDREF" post="749157" timestamp="1264393279"]

[/quote]

I have seen fairly officiated games, but i am talking about in Deweyville the refs let things get out of hand sometimes.
It is the players that cause the fights and things but they need someone to stop them before anyone gets physically hurt.
Thank you for being passionate about the game. May the Lord bless you and i will be praying for your health.

Old Ref is one of the best and he has my deepest respect. He calls fair and battles his own personal fight every day of his life.
I can only say if you have never tried officiating a BB game you dont understand how quick the action can be and making that split second decision is very difficult. The game is a much rougher game today than years past but I think we are indeed lucky to have so many men and women who are willing to officiate games for the good of the sport.
Bless them all and try to be kind. They do the very best they can and believe me it is very easy to miss a call it isnt intentional its just the nature of the speed of the game. It is still a great game and hopefully instant replay will never enter into the highschool scene. IMO replay has ruined every sport it is now applied in. It has taken the what if out of sports. Remember just my opinion.
It doesnt hurt to congratulate the refs once in awhile I know they appreciate it. Especially when they know walking into a gym means that half of the crowd isnt going to like their call. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Keep on Keepin on Joe

Dville refs always suck no doubt about that they should go back to school for sure they wouldnt know what a foul was if it hit them in the face buna girls got banged up when they played them there and the refs were horrible but somehow its always a cleaner game when they come to our court i wonder why that is i guess dville just knows how to pay good ha...

[quote name="Volley_baller2010" post="750470" timestamp="1264620166"]
Dville refs always suck no doubt about that they should go back to school for sure they wouldnt know what a foul was if it hit them in the face buna girls got banged up when they played them there and the refs were horrible but somehow its always a cleaner game when they come to our court i wonder why that is i guess dville just knows how to pay good ha...
[/quote]

Cleaner game? Just a reminder, last year when Deweyville came to Buna and the game was over, there was a total of 52 fouls. 

[quote name="SwaggaLikeUs" post="750868" timestamp="1264691145"]
[quote author=Volley_baller2010 link=topic=64884.msg750470#msg750470 date=1264620166]
[/quote]

Cleaner game? Just a reminder, last year when Deweyville came to Buna and the game was over, there was a total of 52 fouls. 
[/quote]

...added all together you might add that ha its the roughest game of the year and the most fouls so bounce.

[quote name="Volley_baller2010" post="750972" timestamp="1264700766"]
[quote author=SwaggaLikeUs link=topic=64884.msg750868#msg750868 date=1264691145]
[quote author=Volley_baller2010 link=topic=64884.msg750470#msg750470 date=1264620166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

...added all together you might add that ha its the roughest game of the year and the most fouls so bounce.
[/quote]
Last time I checked total is the same thing as added all together.