Nederland? Do We Have What It Takes?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Ok Nederland faithful need some comments here. I'm worried about this team's chances this year to make the playoffs. We played great against 2 top 4A Schools in Waller and LaMarque. The concern i have is Defense? We gave up way to much to Vidor. If Mosley were to go down would we still be able to produce on both sides of the ball enough to make the post season? All comments welcome.

Ned fans do not need to panic!

yall have a good team and you will bounce back..

Now if Mosley did go down yall might be in a little trouble..Any team would if there star went down..but yall have a outstanding o-line and yalls Qb is decent..dont throw in the towel just yet..

Guiterrez is underrated as well..That kid is big and quick..He runs hard

Sure you do! You experienced a tough loss. Use that as a building block to get better. One thing about Nederland is that those kids love playing football. This loss may be the motivation needed to go out and play to their capabilities. Keep your heads high dogs, there's lots of football left to be played.

I have often found myself the past couple of days in a severe state of panic, but its not over for Nederland. Think about how much intensity we played with against La Marque and Waller. If we can just find that intensity back, then we will be just fine. We didnt look like we wanted to win very badly. I was very disappointed by our intensity friday. Someone needs to light some fire, and I think Neumann will do a great job of that. If not, then we WILL be in a world of hurt.

It is not unusual for Nederland to lose their focus at least once during the season, although this is a bit early for it. In years past, games that "we thought" we were going to win ended up being huge disapointments for us (Lincoln, Central, PNG - sorry, I forgot the years but diehard Ned fans will know which games I am talking about).

The best thing that can happen for us as a result of last week's loss is to consider it a wake-up call to be on our toes for a full 48 minutes against every opponent we face, not just the ones we think might give us some trouble.

If we use this as a learning experience and find the benefit from it, then we will be fine. If we go back to the same complacent, "just protect the lead" thought process, IMO, we will find ourselves sitting at home for Bi-District games.

The reason we flop at times is that Nederland MUST play with a very high level of intensity... they don't have dominant athletes... they must execute and they must play with tremendous energy. They had neither Friday in Vidor. Nederland can't just walk out there and win because they're Nederland, they've got to play with a chip on their shoulder at ALL times... guess what, Vidor and all this talk, just put a HUGE FREAKIN chip on their shoulder, and you better believe Larry Neumann is going to use this to his utmost advantage. Look for an inspired effort this Friday, Homecoming, Playoff streak in the balance, Central has OWNED Nederland over the past 5 years... any good football fan will want to see this one.

Guest Luv Ya Blue
Thanks for all the responses. Word i heard today was Mosley may not play Friday (hopefully just a rumor).
If Mosley isn't 100% you guys are in trouble.

In my opinion i think Nederland's defense will show up tomorrow night the coaching staff has been all over them (and with reason we've been awful defensively so far this season) for those of you that say that Nederland will lose if Mosely doesnt play I disagree Mosely is a great back without a doubt but if he doesnt go either Benton could take over at HB and do pretty good (yes he didnt do all that good last week but i still think he's a good RB if called on to be so)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw