Houston Yates 170, Houston Lee 35 - Final

cutt

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Courier]Poppabear, welcome to the world of inner city basketball....They do the same in Dallas.

Coach Greg Wise is a good guy...He told every coach on the schedule this year - No offense but we want to break the all-time scoring record....Well, they are well on their way.

Has nothing to do with class. These are how these kids play basketball. baseline to baseline from start to finish. [/font]

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="739179" timestamp="1262753480"]
IMOHO It is wrong to do it. But hey reap what you sew....lol
[/quote]

Was it classless in 91 when HJ was running the score up on everybody? Why is it so bad now?  If yall were capable of scoring 170 you know they would have and you would be right there cheering hypocrite.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="739207" timestamp="1262754689"]
Good news for Lee is theyll get their CHANCE at revenge later in the year  ;D
[/quote]I wonder how the Yates non-basketball coaches feel about this.

I recall during the middle of Kountze's record-setting losing streak in football(back in the 80's), Orangefield went and spanked Kountze 99-0.  Actually, the game wasn't as close as it seems... there were only 2 digits to post the OF score and word had it that they scored 107!!

Sadly for Orangefield, however, Kountze had to play them that year in basketball and I recall hearing about a world-class beatdown.  Of course, it may not have reached 170 - 35, but in any event, the Houston Yates football coach may have some long Friday nights ahead of him next year!!!  People don't forget things like that very easily.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="739185" timestamp="1262753671"]
I am with you Poppa. There is NEVER a reason to beat ANY team by 135 points!!

Chad, that's a lame excuse and you know it.

I am sure the coaching fraternity is applauding this great man Wise. ::)
[/quote]

How bad did yall beat Legacy? 120?  So now a 100 has a cap on it?  I guess 120 is the max before it gets classless!

[quote name="backdoorcuts" post="739230" timestamp="1262757328"]
How bad did yall beat Legacy? 120?  So now a 100 has a cap on it?  I guess 120 is the max before it gets classless!
[/quote]Was HJ pressing the whole game when they beat Legacy or did they put in their bench and pull back on defense?

The only time I saw HJ press the whole game during a blow-out like that was when the other team's coach told Coach Sutherland to keep up the pressure.  It seems the other coach wanted to teach his own players a lesson.

[quote name="backdoorcuts" post="739230" timestamp="1262757328"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64409.msg739185#msg739185 date=1262753671]
I am with you Poppa. There is NEVER a reason to beat ANY team by 135 points!!

Chad, that's a lame excuse and you know it.

I am sure the coaching fraternity is applauding this great man Wise. ::)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Silsbee beat Legacy 125-54. 71 point win. About half as much as what Yates just did. Silsbee did not press the entire second half and no starter played past the 6 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

I had a chance to attend that Yates game.  All day yesterday I was turning it over in my head, should I go to the Yates game, or should I stay committed to a prior appointment.  I ended up going with the prior appointment.  Butler fieldhouse is only a few miles from where I was working.

I don't think I wanted to see a game like that anyway. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder