Houston Yates 170, Houston Lee 35 - Final

cutt

Guest GCMPats
Oh, and all of this talk about these kids trying to get scholarships and yada, yada, yada. COME ON MAN! Tell me ONE college scout who would take anything positive from a players performance in a game like this. JUST ONE! Are you seriouly going to say that a scout would be impressed that a potential recruit hit 40 in a game like this? NO WAY! Coaches and scouts want to see how you perform against the BEST! So quit acting like this game was going to somehow impact any players ability to get a scholarship. From what I've read, the Yates players earned all the respect they needed in the high level tournaments they won. Just step on the brakes when necessary and win with CLASS!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GCMPats" post="739756" timestamp="1262875891"]
Oh, and all of this talk about these kids trying to get scholarships and yada, yada, yada. COME ON MAN! Tell me ONE college scout who would take anything positive from a players performance in a game like this. JUST ONE! Are you seriouly going to say that a scout would be impressed that a potential recruit hit 40 in a game like this? NO WAY! Coaches and scouts want to see how you perform against the BEST! So quit acting like this game was going to somehow impact any players ability to get a scholarship. From what I've read, the Yates players earned all the respect they needed in the high level tournaments they won. Just step on the brakes when necessary and win with CLASS!
[/quote]So I guess we should tell our kids to not try so hard in district academic competitions because one school isn't as good as the other. Why take AP classes? Fit in with regular students, etc, etc...............Are you classless because a student prepared and scored very high on the SAT and others weren't as prepared?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="739709" timestamp="1262845414"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=64409.msg739600#msg739600 date=1262829381]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64409.msg739573#msg739573 date=1262824001]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=64409.msg739572#msg739572 date=1262823750]
Also, why all the uproar now. If you have seen Yates play the last three years since Wise has been there you know thats how they play. I have said all along that they may hit 200 points more than once in district because their district is so weak.
[/quote]

What is the point in scoring 200 points unless you need to score that many to win a game?

Like I said, I have no problem with any team scoring 170 points if the game is competitive, say like 170-105 or something like that. But when you are up 100-12 at half, time to rethink on how the rest of the game should be played. Wise needs to be a better man, not necessarily a better coach.
[/quote] AAW he play 13 player the first quater.All 15 the rest of the game.You cant tell a player not to score.
[/quote]

Catman, care to explain why a coach presses while up by 100 points?

Nobody is saying for someone not to score. ::)
[/quote] Coach said on the news we press the whole game that what we do with all of the 15 player we have.He will not change anything that we do, that the way we play ball full court press for 32 min.

[quote name="SFA85" post="739763" timestamp="1262877201"]
All of you who cry for class in 3rd ward are feminine @best and never won at anything @worst.  I want to see the outrage the next time a suburban school runs up the score in any sport.  All I'll hear probably is crickets unless your wives or mothers allow y'all to speak on the issue....

Bunch of Broads......
[/quote]

What a post!  Class is what the 3rd ward ghetto needs most, is it not?  I like how you defend them by saying their actions are o.k. because they are inner city kids and basketball is obviously all they have.  Truely a sad, ignorant, woe-is-me type post.  Something I would expect from a Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or Black Panther race pimp.

[quote name="SFA85" post="739763" timestamp="1262877201"]
All of you who cry for class in 3rd ward are feminine @best and never won at anything @worst.  I want to see the outrage the next time a suburban school runs up the score in any sport.  All I'll hear probably is crickets unless your wives or mothers allow y'all to speak on the issue....

Bunch of Broads......
[/quote].... except for some of us who are disturbed had no clue that Yates was an inner city, 3rd ward (I still don't know what that means) school. 

Please try to refrain from bringing race into the issue.  Besides, that's Obama's job!  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="739769" timestamp="1262877691"]
[/quote]So I guess we should tell our kids to not try so hard in district academic competitions because one school isn't as good as the other. Why take AP classes? Fit in with regular students, etc, etc...............Are you classless because a student prepared and scored very high on the SAT and others weren't as prepared?
[/quote]But there's a huge difference.  Your score doesn't affect the other student's score.  You both can get 2400 on an SAT, for example.

[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64409.msg739756#msg739756 date=1262875891]
[/quote]

Quite possibly one of the most clueless posts I have ever seen.  Its not about what the kids did, they can only do what the coach tells them to do.  This falls on the coach and his lack of class, respect, and sportsmanship.  I've seen numerous articles on rivals, and out of the Houston Chronicle, and this man is all about himself, like most NBA players.  You can coach a game, and have your kids play full speed without pressing, trapping and running the court every minute.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="739791" timestamp="1262879334"] .....This falls on the coach and his lack of class, respect, and sportsmanship.  I've seen numerous articles on rivals, and out of the Houston Chronicle, and this man is all about himself....[/quote]

Interesting assertion BoBo. Since I've met him about 5 or 6 times and never got that impression, I'd like to read some of those articles that clearly show Greg Wise is "all about himself" or his "lack of class, respect and sportsmanship."

Got any cites or links?

Guest GCMPats
[/quote]
Well, I am the UIL Computer Applications and Accounting "Coach" at Sterling High School in Baytown. So what you're saying is that I can now instruct my students to "run up" the score at our next Academic meet? Let's see,  we can only score a predetermined amount of points on a UIL Academic exam. DANG IT! So I'll have them embarrass the other students with their ACT and SAT scores. WHAT! You can only score up to a 2400 on the SAT and a 36 on the ACT? GOOD GOAT! Well then we'll just "press" the others in AP classes and AP Exams. HUH? They can only score as high as a 5 on the AP Exams and a 100 in the AP class. DRATS!

I guess this means your argument is invalid and quite lame. Coach Wise was and is wrong! The only thing his team needs to accomplish in order to obtain "perfection" is to score at least one more point than every opponent in every game this season. That's all! Winning by 100 against a weaker foe only makes him classless and unprofessional as an educator. (In the 3rd Ward or anywhere for that matter.)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="homeless" post="739804" timestamp="1262881016"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=64409.msg739791#msg739791 date=1262879334] .....This falls on the coach and his lack of class, respect, and sportsmanship.  I've seen numerous articles on rivals, and out of the Houston Chronicle, and this man is all about himself....[/quote]

Interesting assertion BoBo. Since I've met him about 5 or 6 times and never got that impression, I'd like to read some of those articles that clearly show Greg Wise is "all about himself" or his "lack of class, respect and sportsmanship."

Got any cites or links?
[/quote]

"Yates  170 to Lee  35"  end quote

That score says enough about the content of his character for me.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="739809" timestamp="1262881440"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64409.msg739769#msg739769 date=1262877691]
[/quote]
Well, I am the UIL Computer Applications and Accounting "Coach" at Sterling High School in Baytown. So what you're saying is that I can now instruct my students to "run up" the score at our next Academic meet? Let's see,  we can only score a predetermined amount of points on a UIL Academic exam. DANG IT! So I'll have them embarrass the other students with their ACT and SAT scores. WHAT! You can only score up to a 2400 on the SAT and a 36 on the ACT? GOOD GOAT! Well then we'll just "press" the others in AP classes and AP Exams. HUH? They can only score as high as a 5 on the AP Exams and a 100 in the AP class. DRATS!

I guess this means your argument is invalid and quite lame. Coach Wise was and is wrong! The only thing his team needs to accomplish in order to obtain "perfection" is to score at least one more point than every opponent in every game this season. That's all! Winning by 100 against a weaker foe only makes him classless and unprofessional as an educator. (In the 3rd Ward or anywhere for that matter.)
[/quote]
Great Post

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="739732" timestamp="1262870574"]
[quote author=Kountzer link=topic=64409.msg739687#msg739687 date=1262838538]
There are lots of poor and working class immigrants living near Lee High School.   Basketball is not the sport of choice in that area.  it is probably soccer.  It is an old and run down school.  There are some affluent families in that area.  They send their children to expensive private schools.   Yates running up the score on Lee is classless.   That would be like one of the big suburban schools beating Yates by 10 runs in baseball.  It is too easy to do, and therefore not that big a deal.
[/quote]

What does class have to do with basketball?  Nobody cries when teams beat the Jags by 20 goals in soccer or when Lake Travis beats teams 50 to nothing!  I have seen the suburban baseball teams drag these same inner city schools by 20+ runs!  I guess since these are inner city black kids, this big wins is a definition of class?  All these kids play one way, and that is all they know.  A lot of what they do wont even transfer to the college game, but that is what they know.  Even if you back them down to the half court they would swarm and play aggressive!!!

What's classy is how these kids represented themselves in Hawaii and Alabama.  What’s class is how these kids have positioned themselves to attend college academically and financially.  What's classy is how this is the ONLY ranked team with no kid listed in any scouting polls top 100 (first time it has occurred in history of ranking high school players!)  Do me a favor, go sit at one of these high school soccer game and baseball games and call those kids classless too!!! Other than that.. You need to check yourself!

[/quote]

Short, nobody is calling the kids "classless" or at least I am not. They just played how the coach instructed them to do. Wise on the other hand, that's a different story. He could have done something to keep it from getting like this but he CHOSE to allow it to continue.

I have seen many 60-70 point blowouts, those games just happen. But you'll never convince me that Wise did not go out of his way to get a 135 point win. That score was forced, it didn't just happen that way becasue they were that much better than Lee. They proved that they were better before the game really started. But if you are up 100-12 at half, do you think the game has been decided already? ::)

[quote name="CATMAN" post="739778" timestamp="1262878291"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64409.msg739709#msg739709 date=1262845414]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=64409.msg739600#msg739600 date=1262829381]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64409.msg739573#msg739573 date=1262824001]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=64409.msg739572#msg739572 date=1262823750]
Also, why all the uproar now. If you have seen Yates play the last three years since Wise has been there you know thats how they play. I have said all along that they may hit 200 points more than once in district because their district is so weak.
[/quote]

What is the point in scoring 200 points unless you need to score that many to win a game?

Like I said, I have no problem with any team scoring 170 points if the game is competitive, say like 170-105 or something like that. But when you are up 100-12 at half, time to rethink on how the rest of the game should be played. Wise needs to be a better man, not necessarily a better coach.
[/quote] AAW he play 13 player the first quater.All 15 the rest of the game.You cant tell a player not to score.
[/quote]

Catman, care to explain why a coach presses while up by 100 points?

Nobody is saying for someone not to score. ::)
[/quote] Coach said on the news we press the whole game that what we do with all of the 15 player we have.He will not change anything that we do, that the way we play ball full court press for 32 min.
[/quote]

I know what he said. I was asking YOU. Him saying "that's what we do", "that's all we know", is just a lame excuse for rubbing it in, kicking a team while they are down, taking full advantage of a situiation that he felt he could do something of this nature. This had nothing to do with winning the game, it was about self glorification.

Guest GCMPats
Yates’ 135-point victory a hot topic
HISD’s Wade admits issue could have been handled differently

By JENNY DIAL Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:27PM.

A day after the Yates High School boys basketball team set a state record and made national headlines with a 170-35 win over Lee, Houston Independent School District Athletic Director Daryl Wade hoped both sides could learn a positive lesson from the contest.

The Lions’ historic victory has spurred passionate debate about the balance between a game’s integrity and good sportsmanship. Wade said he plans to visit both Lee and Yates today.

“Both teams have good coaches and very good kids,” Wade said. “It’s unfortunate that the incident turned into something negative, but we have to make sure the kids learned something from the experience.”

[b]Wade said neither team will face reprimands for the fight that broke out during the game since there were no ejections. The teams finished the second half with five players each, and the other players were asked to sit in the stands. Wade said that was a mutual agreement between the coaches and referees. District 21-4A’s policy states if a player is ejected from a contest, the school principal and coach will reprimand the student. If that student is ejected a second time, there is a one-game suspension. [/b] [color=red]HUH? if they were asked to sit in the stands, how could there have been no ejections?[/color]

Yates’ victory was a hot topic of conversation Wednesday at Strake Jesuit High School where the Crusaders accepted the “Honoring the Game” award from the Positive Coaching Alliance.

PCA’s lead trainer Harry Colon spoke with athletes, coaches and parents at Strake Jesuit about stressing sportsmanship through athletics.

“Strake Jesuit won this award because the players and coaches here honor the game,” Colon said. “They stress the importance of sportsmanship, respecting each other, the game and their opponents in all sports.”

Try to move forward
Colon, a former football player at Washington High School and a current coach at Reagan, said he would stress to the Lee players that there are more games to be played.

“All you can do is make this a teachable situation,” he said. “Those kids need to learn from this and strive to get better.  

Yates is a very good team, and they are going to score a lot of points and win a lot of games. As long as they are respectful to their opponents, they can win with a lot of grace.”

Wade said HISD’s mercy rule policies are determined on a game-by-game basis. Tuesday night. Both coaches chose to finish the contest.

“In retrospect, should we have done something differently? Probably,” Wade said. “At the time, the kids and coaches wanted to finish the game so we let that happen.”

Yates’ 170 points Tuesday set the single-game state scoring record previously held by Hardin-Jefferson, which scored 166 points against Hardin in 1992.

Yates, which led 100-12 at halftime, is 14-0 this season and has won 39 consecutive games. The 100 points in the first half is also a state record and the second-most in a boys high school basketball game.

It was the eighth time this season Yates scored more than 100 points and the sixth time the Lions won by more than 60. It was the first time this season Yates’ margin of victory topped 100.

“It’s a positive thing to have kids playing well and breaking records, but in light of the fight and the fingers pointing at Yates right now, it’s hard to really think about that,” Wade said. “Again, the most important thing right now is to make sure our kids learned something and can go on to have positive seasons.”

Can relate to Yates
The 1992 Hardin-Jefferson team was coached by current University Interscholastic League Executive Director Charles Breithaupt.

Breithaupt said when his team set the record, he didn’t face many accusations of running up the score.

“It was a different time, and we were a different team,” he said. “We didn’t have any Division I players or anyone over 6-feet tall. We had to run to win games.”

Breithaupt said as long as teams aren’t making a mockery of the game or purposely embarrassing other teams, he sees no problem with high-scoring affairs.

“I know that as a coach, you do what is best for your team, and (Yates) coach (Greg) Wise is probably looking at the bigger picture,” Breithaupt said. “The goal is probably another district championship, another state championship and even a No. 1 national ranking.”

Breithaupt said there have not been any proposals to the UIL for a basketball mercy rule, but if there were, the league would definitely take that into consideration.

“There are very few years that things will come together this way for a team,” he said. “Yates has 15 really good players, and they will be tough to beat.”

Strake Jesuit Athletic Director Bill McDonald hopes more schools will partner with the Positive Coaching Alliance and continue to help groom student-athletes who play sports the right way.

“It’s the bigger picture,” McDonald said. “High school athletes are only in high school a short time. But you ask your coaches, your community to respect the game and the opponents and you just hope the message will stick.”

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="739791" timestamp="1262879334"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=64409.msg739769#msg739769 date=1262877691]
[/quote]

Quite possibly one of the most clueless posts I have ever seen.  Its not about what the kids did, they can only do what the coach tells them to do.  This falls on the coach and his lack of class, respect, and sportsmanship.  I've seen numerous articles on rivals, and out of the Houston Chronicle, and this man is all about himself, like most NBA players.  You can coach a game, and have your kids play full speed without pressing, trapping and running the court every minute.
[/quote]

tHE SAME MAN THAT IS ALL ABOUT HIMSELF, QUIT COACHING FOR 5 YRS UNTIL HIS KIDS GRADUATED.  HE LEFT A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM THAT WAS RANKED EVERY YEAR IN STATE, COULD HAVE BEEN MORE ABOUT HIMSELF AND CONTINUED TO IMPROVE HIS REPUTATION?  i LIKE HIS NICK SABAN ATTITUDE, BOUT HIS BUSINESS ON THE COURT REGARDLESS OF HOW OTHERS FEEL ABOUT IT!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="739826" timestamp="1262882987"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=64409.msg739732#msg739732 date=1262870574]
There are lots of poor and working class immigrants living near Lee High School.  Basketball is not the sport of choice in that area.  it is probably soccer.  It is an old and run down school.  There are some affluent families in that area.  They send their children to expensive private schools.  Yates running up the score on Lee is classless.  That would be like one of the big suburban schools beating Yates by 10 runs in baseball.  It is too easy to do, and therefore not that big a deal.
[/quote]

What does class have to do with basketball?  Nobody cries when teams beat the Jags by 20 goals in soccer or when Lake Travis beats teams 50 to nothing!  I have seen the suburban baseball teams drag these same inner city schools by 20+ runs!  I guess since these are inner city black kids, this big wins is a definition of class?  All these kids play one way, and that is all they know.  A lot of what they do wont even transfer to the college game, but that is what they know.  Even if you back them down to the half court they would swarm and play aggressive!!!

What's classy is how these kids represented themselves in Hawaii and Alabama.  What’s class is how these kids have positioned themselves to attend college academically and financially.  What's classy is how this is the ONLY ranked team with no kid listed in any scouting polls top 100 (first time it has occurred in history of ranking high school players!)  Do me a favor, go sit at one of these high school soccer game and baseball games and call those kids classless too!!! Other than that.. You need to check yourself!

[/quote]

Short, nobody is calling the kids "classless" or at least I am not. They just played how the coach instructed them to do. Wise on the other hand, that's a different story. He could have done something to keep it from getting like this but he CHOSE to allow it to continue.

I have seen many 60-70 point blowouts, those games just happen. But you'll never convince me that Wise did not go out of his way to get a 135 point win. That score was forced, it didn't just happen that way becasue they were that much better than Lee. They proved that they were better before the game really started. But if you are up 100-12 at half, do you think the game has been decided already? ::)
[/quote]

ok... aLL i AM SAYING IS THAT IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HE RUNS THE SCORE UP.  THIS IS SPORTS, NOT FOR BABIES, IF YOU CANT  STOP ME WHY SHOULD I STOP MYSELF?  THIS IS A BIG BOYS GAME AND I SAY PLAY OR QUIT...  I HAVE SEEN MACK BROWN UP BY 30 RUN A FAKE FIELD GOAL ON RICE AND NOBODY CALLS HIM CLASSLESS!  MIKE LEACH BEATS D2 SCHOOLS BY 70 FAITHFULLY... IS HE CLASSLESS?  HE IS JUST RUNNING "GAME TIME" SCHEMES TO SEE IF THEY WORK, RIGHT! MACK BROWN BEAT TEXAS PAN-AMERICA 104-42 THIS YEAR, IS HE CLASSLESS?  COACH k WHIPPED PENN 116-55, IS HE CLASSLESS?  I AM JUST SAYING THAT THERE ARE SOME DOUBLE STANDARDS! WISE PLAYED ALL OF HIS PLAYERS, JUST LIKE ALL OF THE ABOVE COACHES.  NONE OF THEM CHANGED THE GAME!!! THEY PLAYED AND PLAYED HARD DOWN TO THE 3RD STRING!  tHERE IS ONLY ONE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GREG WISE AND THE ABOVE COACHES!

I DONT CARE WHETHER IT WAS ACADEMICS OR SPORTS, I WANTED TO BE THE BEST AND CREAM THE COMPETITION.. TAKE THEIR HEARTS AND SCARE ANYONE THAT STEPS IN FRONT OF ME IN THE FUTURE!  IF YOU CAN'T FIELD A COMPETITIVE TEAM, THAT IS YOUR OWN PROBLEM.

Guest Ititarod
EVERY PLAYER SHOULD PLAY AS HARD AS THEY CAN WHEN ON THE COURT.

The coach is the A-Hole !!!

Any real coach could have stopped such a classless act !!! He continued to run a full court press the whole game - WHY ?? He could have required at least 5 passes before they were allowed to shoot (like in the movie Hoosiers). He could have used different payers at different positions.

If I were coaching against this guy, I would warn him that his superstars, putting on a show for college recruiters, may have an unfortunate injury.

If I were refereeing this game I would call a foul if a Yates player even breathed near a Lee player while pressing.

Do you think Lee will beat Yates 25 - 0 in soccer ? Which I am sure they could.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="shorttexas1" post="739847" timestamp="1262884371"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64409.msg739826#msg739826 date=1262882987]
There are lots of poor and working class immigrants living near Lee High School.   Basketball is not the sport of choice in that area.  it is probably soccer.  It is an old and run down school.  There are some affluent families in that area.  They send their children to expensive private schools.   Yates running up the score on Lee is classless.   That would be like one of the big suburban schools beating Yates by 10 runs in baseball.  It is too easy to do, and therefore not that big a deal.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ok... aLL i AM SAYING IS THAT IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HE RUNS THE SCORE UP.  THIS IS SPORTS, NOT FOR BABIES, IF YOU CANT  STOP ME WHY SHOULD I STOP MYSELF?  THIS IS A BIG BOYS GAME AND I SAY PLAY OR QUIT...  I HAVE SEEN MACK BROWN UP BY 30 RUN A FAKE FIELD GOAL ON RICE AND NOBODY CALLS HIM CLASSLESS!  MIKE LEACH BEATS D2 SCHOOLS BY 70 FAITHFULLY... IS HE CLASSLESS?  HE IS JUST RUNNING "GAME TIME" SCHEMES TO SEE IF THEY WORK, RIGHT! MACK BROWN BEAT TEXAS PAN-AMERICA 104-42 THIS YEAR, IS HE CLASSLESS?  COACH k WHIPPED PENN 116-55, IS HE CLASSLESS?  I AM JUST SAYING THAT THERE ARE SOME DOUBLE STANDARDS! WISE PLAYED ALL OF HIS PLAYERS, JUST LIKE ALL OF THE ABOVE COACHES.  NONE OF THEM CHANGED THE GAME!!! THEY PLAYED AND PLAYED HARD DOWN TO THE 3RD STRING!  tHERE IS ONLY ONE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GREG WISE AND THE ABOVE COACHES!

I DONT CARE WHETHER IT WAS ACADEMICS OR SPORTS, I WANTED TO BE THE BEST AND CREAM THE COMPETITION.. TAKE THEIR HEARTS AND SCARE ANYONE THAT STEPS IN FRONT OF ME IN THE FUTURE!  IF YOU CAN'T FIELD A COMPETITIVE TEAM, THAT IS YOUR OWN PROBLEM.
[/quote]

The main difference is that those guys coach in college. Wise is a high school educator first and then a coach. You are comparing apples and oranges.

(The color of his skin means nothing to me. I assume, that you assume the color of MY skin?)

No coach, at any level, should seek to embarrass their opponent.

[quote name="team first" post="739852" timestamp="1262884756"]
Short, there is alot more than just one difference about the people u are trying to compare wise to.

In all the games that u mentioned above, were they pressing the whole game?  The answer is no. And i believe u meant [glow=red,2,300]rick barnes, not mack brown [/glow]
[/quote]

tHANKS, i ALWAYS DO THAT!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="739858" timestamp="1262885281"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=64409.msg739847#msg739847 date=1262884371]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64409.msg739826#msg739826 date=1262882987]
There are lots of poor and working class immigrants living near Lee High School.   Basketball is not the sport of choice in that area.  it is probably soccer.  It is an old and run down school.  There are some affluent families in that area.  They send their children to expensive private schools.   Yates running up the score on Lee is classless.   That would be like one of the big suburban schools beating Yates by 10 runs in baseball.  It is too easy to do, and therefore not that big a deal.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The main difference is that those guys coach in college. Wise is a high school educator first and then a coach. You are comparing apples and oranges.

(The color of his skin means nothing to me. I assume, that you assume the color of MY skin?)

No coach, at any level, should seek to embarrass their opponent.
[/quote]

i NEVER SAID SKIN COLOR... BUT GOOD OBSERVATION!

If you have the fastest horse in the race is it your job to hold back the reigns so that the rest of the pack does not lose by so much?

If a coach has taught a team to play a certain style of basketball and that is what they do best or that is the only thing they do then why are they classless if they play their game their way.

I saw Yates in a televised tournament during the holidays. While I was not able to see all of the game they were having their hands full with some team. That opponents played them hard for what I saw and their coach was not asking for Yates to back off what they do, he was cacohing his team to pick it up on both ends of the floor to make Yates work for everything that the got.

Let Yates play and let the others play better to stop them.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="739873" timestamp="1262886247"]
If you have the fastest horse in the race is it your job to hold back the reigns so that the rest of the pack does not lose by so much?

If a coach has taught a team to play a certain style of basketball and that is what they do best or that is the only thing they do then why are they classless if they play their game their way.

I saw Yates in a televised tournament during the holidays. While I was not able to see all of the game they were having their hands full with some team. That opponents played them hard for what I saw and their coach was not asking for Yates to back off what they do, he was cacohing his team to pick it up on both ends of the floor to make Yates work for everything that the got.

Let Yates play and let the others play better to stop them.
[/quote]

so now we are comparing animals to high school kids?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed