[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg738680#msg738680 date=1262706836]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg734266#msg734266 date=1261510259]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg734260#msg734260 date=1261508252]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=63980.msg734236#msg734236 date=1261498820]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg734222#msg734222 date=1261494733]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg733958#msg733958 date=1261427097]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg733866#msg733866 date=1261407084]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg733158#msg733158 date=1261255327]
Looks like that State Championship is going to be tougher than anticipated.
[/quote]

Was someone saying BH was going to State? or are you just stirring? I'm hoping that you are just stirring.
[/quote]

Several players stated in the Baytown Sun that this was the best BH team EVER. SO I would assume that meant they would win State.
[/quote]

Oh, man you need to quite drinking the hateraid ;D I know It sucks living in Baytown and all, but there is no need to dislike the

Hill 8)

I don't know what the round would be to be the best ever, but I don't recall a BH boys team going past the second round of the playoffs. Anyone have any Playoff history for BH boys BB?
[/quote]

GCMPats is the classic example of BH Phobia..........He follows BH with a passion and looks for anything to make someone from the Hill look bad including kids.

Kind of like the guy I work with that hates the Dallas Cowboys but on Monday morning can tell you every play of yesterdays game.

[/quote]

Trust me when I say this, no one in Baytown fears the Hill. We have 39 good reasons why the Goose is not afraid.

We'll have to see what happpens on the court. BH has a fine team this year. Hopefully GCM can keep it interesting.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
[/quote]

Well crap I'll bite! Whats the 39 reasons ;D (I know i'm going to regret asking that). On the other hand most people at the Hill fear Baytown, but not for athletic reasons ;D
[/quote]

Ask your football team. They know. ;D

I know, I know. [b]You guys are just scared that we'll close Wal-Mart and Kroger and then you'll have to shop at Thriftee. [/b]
Congrats on the big Gulf Coast Classic Tournament Champio......oops! Sorry!

24 days until the REAL season starts!
[/quote]

I just hope they build a Wal-mart in Belvieu then we can just fence Mont Belvieu in, bring in the border patroll to gaurd the borders and quite risking our lives while shopping in Baytown ;D

Congrats on GCM's tournament win.......oops! Sorry :D Seriously have yall even placed in a Tournament or are you the token team that gets invited, so everyone can whoop on ;D Goodluck in district maybe we will play on an outside court and it rains ;D
[/quote]

Nope. We're just a bunch of "tokens".

If we can get our work visa's approved, we'll see ya'll on Jan. 12th. Hopefully it will not be snowing, raining or whatever weather condition it is that could prevent you from beating the Goose.
[/quote]

NAh we have already used that excuss this year, if yall win it will have to be the REFS ;D

Oh and I wasn't using the world "Token" to speak of race just team caliber ;)
[/quote]

Oh, I know. It's was not taken that way at all.

They boy's have played well so far. Much better than they were at this point last year. The size on the Hill will give them fits. I've been to 3 or 4 games and have seen the good and the bad. I hope we both fill the gym and put on a good show.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="738819" timestamp="1262719956"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg738806#msg738806 date=1262719281]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg738771#msg738771 date=1262716468]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg738747#msg738747 date=1262714778]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg738680#msg738680 date=1262706836]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg734266#msg734266 date=1261510259]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg734260#msg734260 date=1261508252]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=63980.msg734236#msg734236 date=1261498820]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg734222#msg734222 date=1261494733]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg733958#msg733958 date=1261427097]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg733866#msg733866 date=1261407084]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63980.msg733158#msg733158 date=1261255327]
Looks like that State Championship is going to be tougher than anticipated.
[/quote]

Was someone saying BH was going to State? or are you just stirring? I'm hoping that you are just stirring.
[/quote]

Several players stated in the Baytown Sun that this was the best BH team EVER. SO I would assume that meant they would win State.
[/quote]

Oh, man you need to quite drinking the hateraid ;D I know It sucks living in Baytown and all, but there is no need to dislike the

Hill 8)

I don't know what the round would be to be the best ever, but I don't recall a BH boys team going past the second round of the playoffs. Anyone have any Playoff history for BH boys BB?
[/quote]

GCMPats is the classic example of BH Phobia..........He follows BH with a passion and looks for anything to make someone from the Hill look bad including kids.

Kind of like the guy I work with that hates the Dallas Cowboys but on Monday morning can tell you every play of yesterdays game.

[/quote]

Trust me when I say this, no one in Baytown fears the Hill. We have 39 good reasons why the Goose is not afraid.

We'll have to see what happpens on the court. BH has a fine team this year. Hopefully GCM can keep it interesting.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
[/quote]

Well crap I'll bite! Whats the 39 reasons ;D (I know i'm going to regret asking that). On the other hand most people at the Hill fear Baytown, but not for athletic reasons ;D
[/quote]

Ask your football team. They know. ;D

I know, I know. [b]You guys are just scared that we'll close Wal-Mart and Kroger and then you'll have to shop at Thriftee. [/b]
Congrats on the big Gulf Coast Classic Tournament Champio......oops! Sorry!

24 days until the REAL season starts!
[/quote]

I just hope they build a Wal-mart in Belvieu then we can just fence Mont Belvieu in, bring in the border patroll to gaurd the borders and quite risking our lives while shopping in Baytown ;D

Congrats on GCM's tournament win.......oops! Sorry :D Seriously have yall even placed in a Tournament or are you the token team that gets invited, so everyone can whoop on ;D Goodluck in district maybe we will play on an outside court and it rains ;D
[/quote]

Nope. We're just a bunch of "tokens".

If we can get our work visa's approved, we'll see ya'll on Jan. 12th. Hopefully it will not be snowing, raining or whatever weather condition it is that could prevent you from beating the Goose.
[/quote]

NAh we have already used that excuss this year, if yall win it will have to be the REFS ;D

Oh and I wasn't using the world "Token" to speak of race just team caliber ;)
[/quote]

Oh, I know. It's was not taken that way at all.

They boy's have played well so far. Much better than they were at this point last year. The size on the Hill will give them fits. I've been to 3 or 4 games and have seen the good and the bad. I hope we both fill the gym and put on a good show.
[/quote]

It will be a good one! goodluck to the Pats

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="739422" timestamp="1262805704"]
bh is struggling a little right now. they seem to have lost their groove. they look a little off lately
[/quote]

Struggling due to playing much better teams now. Cannot hide behind soft non-district schedule. BH will not make playoffs unless they can knock off very poorly coached under-performing Crosby team. CE King, Galena Park and Kingwood Park will definitely sweep BH. Only hope is squeaking past Crosby at home and tiebreaker comes into play favorably for BH. BH bb fans are delusional.

[quote name="Str8Shooter" post="739735" timestamp="1262871903"]
Ya'll act like BH is terrible they played a heck of a game against us...and they played C.E. King close both games...a minor slip for C.E. King and the game could have gone the other way...
[/quote]

Not terrible. mediocre, i.e. a typical BH hoop team. will finish in middle of pack at best in district. not a particularly tough district. pretty much an average district with no powerhouse team. Thus predicting a deep playoff run is delusional. i.e. refusing to face reality

[quote name="BHFAN" post="740066" timestamp="1262901138"]
I keep reading where folks are saying BH thinks they are going to State and now a Deep Playoff Run. Who is saying this? Am I missing a thread?
[/quote]

There was a poster right after last season who posted that BH was going to be unstoppable in this district. He posted multiple times. More recently, BH posters have commented as though they are surprised that the non-district record hasn't translated to district. I'm pointing out why that's the case and why its not surprising.

[quote name="homeless" post="740184" timestamp="1262914164"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=63980.msg740066#msg740066 date=1262901138]
I keep reading where folks are saying BH thinks they are going to State and now a Deep Playoff Run. Who is saying this? Am I missing a thread?
[/quote]

There was a poster right after last season who posted that BH was going to be unstoppable in this district. He posted multiple times. More recently, BH posters have commented as though they are surprised that the non-district record hasn't translated to district. I'm pointing out why that's the case and why its not surprising.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhh  ;) It may be an over excited kid talking, but I don't think anyone at BH is thinking we have a shot at a State Title or that we are some world beaters ;D However we do seem to have a fair team that could suprise a team if they don't play 100%. BH has never been a basketball school (At least Boys), so anytime we have a team that is competitve it is a great thing at the Hill. I hope that turns around one day and we seem to have gotten alot more competetive over the last decade, so it just may. Good Luck BH Boys!!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="740066" timestamp="1262901138"]
[/quote]

Here ya go and I know how much "homeless" like articles:

[size=12pt]BH guards bring confidence to 19-4A [/size]
By Nathan Hague
The Baytown Sun
Published December 17, 2009

As the 13-3 Barbers Hill Eagles head into District 19-4A play Friday night, they’ll be led by a pair of confident senior guards.

Jake Miller and Daniel Mitchell believe this basketball team will make school history.

“We were underestimated this year,” Mitchell said. “People were saying we’re not going to make it because Barbers Hill has never been known for basketball. But we’re confident we will go far in the playoffs.”

Miller said the school’s team has never been past the second round but believes that will change this season.

“We believe this is the best team Barbers Hill has ever had,” he said. “We want to go farther than a Barbers Hill team has ever gone. We want to win district.”

That confidence comes from playing together for so long and building team chemistry.

“Their confidence comes from a lot of success they’ve experienced early in year,” coach Nathan Toon said. “These guys are a hard working group that gets along so well. They’re extremely positive kids and very goal oriented.”

Coaches can help build team confidence all they want but Toon said the strong team chemistry is something the players themselves have built.

“These kids have known each other a long time,” Toon said. They’ve grown up together and played basketball for a long time. We haven’t done anything to develop that. They done that on own.”

That’s definitely the case for Miller and Mitchell.

“We’ve been playing together since Little Dribblers,” Mitchell said. “It’s nice to play with people you’ve played with for a long time so you know their strengths and weakness. It makes it easier to play as a team.”

Miller, who’s listed at 6-foot-2, knows what it’s like to play other positions.

“My junior year, I switched from post to forward and now I play guard,” he said. “I’ve pretty much played every position which I like because it teaches you all perspectives. I know what the post is thinking and where the forward should be.”

Toon said the switch to guard came at the right time.

“He started off as a five then a four, this year a little of everything,” he said. “We graduated our point guard from last year and he (Miller) had already played a little last year so we made that his main position. He does a good job getting the ball where it’s needed.”

The Eagles open 19-4A district play Friday night at Galena Park.

“They’re undersized but are quick,” Mitchell said.

Miller added, “They do a good job of transitioning the defense. Last year they were more physical than you would expect.”

Toon believes his team is ready for district play.

“We feel confident and are ready compete in district,” he said. “There are a lot of great teams and we believe and we’re one of them. We are stacked with seniors and when you have that, you expect to have a good team.

“I’m confident our players will get it done.”

On Monday after Christmas break, Barbers Hill will host the annual Gulf Coast Classic that the Eagles won a year ago.

Mitchell said, “People didn’t think we’d win last year but we did. Everyone thought we’d lose to Cleveland. They started off with an alley-oop and the crowd went silent. It was great to win that game.”

Miller added, “Of course everyone prefers to play at home more than on the road and that’s one thing nice about the tournament. I feed off the energy. When the crowd gets into it, I get pumped up no matter how tired I am.”

As for their futures, Miller plans to go to school to major in kinesiology with a back up in education.

“I would love to coach,” he said. “All I want is to be involved in sports somehow, either in high school or college. I want to have a positive effect on teenagers’ lives.”

Mitchell also plans on being involved in sports but not in the same way.

“It’s broadcast journalism all the way,” he said. “I want to have my own sports show some day.”

The two are even confident in what’s to come after high school. That’s probably a good thing, because they can bring confidence and use it for the task at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="740658" timestamp="1262964816"]
Sounds like the guys are confident, nothing wrong with that ??? The first part to being a champion is to believe your one then second part is proving it 8)
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with being confident.

Thanks GMCPats, I had read and digested that article into my perseption of BH expectations already but had forgotten the specifics. But there also was a recurring poster at end of last season and maybe a little later who was touting BH hoops out of all proportion like these guys. He jumped in whenever (may have started a thread or 2) re: "Favs for next yr/upcoming season" or some such thing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor