1. 1. Who goes to the playoffs?

• Bridge City
    • Hamshire-Fannett
    • Hardin-Jefferson
    • Orangefield
    • Silsbee
    • West Orange-Stark

Guest Robinhood
I stand by what I wrote Rizon. Your post is the dumbest on the site. 

Silsbee split with OF and BC in district last year.  Silsbee also beat OF 2 out of 3 matches, once in the Vidor Tournament and split in district.  Silsbee got beat by BC 2-3 at BC but beat BC 3-0 at home.  That being said you've got be to a total moron to leave HF out of the mix in District 21-3A, they always have good talent coming in and they have a great coach.  Silsbee lost very close games to HF 2-3 at home and 2-3 on the road.  That was basically the difference in the district.  When the play-offs came 2 teams got hammered in the first round and the other team got beat in the second. Which indicates this is a weak district to begin with. Every high school team is different from year to year no matter how many players come back. 

As I stated in an earlier post, Silsbee will be in the mix for the Distict Championship. They will have two outstanding MB and two really good OH.  These girls are true athelete's, big, tall and strong. Silsbee's setter is working hard and is looking real good in HCJ. Most of Silsbee's team is playing HCJ this year so they will be coming into high school ball in mid-season form. 

In asfaras last years predictions go, "Even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...someone needs to calm down. First off...it doesn't matter what the records were...Silsbee DID NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! I know it's hard for people from Silsbee to understand that...but they were out. I could sit a list all the reasons I think they will be playing for the 3rd spot next year but I'm not going to do that.

Thanks for calling me a moron and letting me know that you can't comprehend what you read at times. I said the scenerio I was typing was without considering HF...I never said I was leaving them out of the district mix. They are who I pick to win 3rd. I have OF, BC, and HF.
Oh and get your facts straight...OF lost in the first round, HF lost in the 2nd (not 1st) and they didn't get hammered. They lost in 5 games (were up 2-0). That's not getting hammered. And BC lost to the team that represented Region 3 in state. Was it a weak district this year, I think so, so what does that say about Silsbee who didn't make the playoffs and lost two or their top three players.

Don't get too excited because I don't think Silsbee will be in it for the district championship. That's my opinion. And I'm sure they aren't the only school playing club. Just one question...are you a parent or someone playing?

Guest Robinhood
Rizon can you read?  Look at what you said in your dumb post.  And I did not call anyone a moron.  I said you have to be a moron if you left HF out of the picture.  Your making a fool out of yourself.

Silsbee split with OF and BC in district last year.  Silsbee also beat OF 2 out of 3 matches, once in the Vidor Tournament and split in district.  Silsbee got beat by BC 2-3 at BC but beat BC 3-0 at home.  That being said [b]you've got be to a total moron to leave HF out of the mix in District 21-3A[/b],

That's what you said. Then you basically mocked me after predicting the district this year. I'm not going to go at it on here with anyone...let's be honest...you probably have or had a daughter play for Silsbee and I'm glad you back them so much. Fans should back their schools. I'm calling what I see and I've called it right the last two years. But I did miss the OF and BC play in game two years ago. Continue to back your school and your girls and we'll just see next year.

Guest bleed orange
Robinhood you are a homer. ;D  That being said, there is four teams that will battle for the district championship. Sorry HJ and WOS no disrepect intended. Just not there yet but making strides. I believe on any given night the top four can be beat by each other. It will happen and it will go down to the wire again. By the way did I ever tell you guys that volleyball is not as bad as soccer or softball but it is still like watching paint dry. ;D ;D ;D

Guest bleed orange
Thats funny Rizon. I know about paint drying, just trying to fire up a certain person from Orangefield. Make them come out of their shell on the message board. I do have an agenda. ;D ;D  My daughter said volleyball was too slow for her. I have to agree. But I like track she did not go figure. ;D ;D ;D

Guest ST4life
[quote name="Rizon" post="735889" timestamp="1262064066"]
My fault...I thought the sophomore girl was her sister. They look a lot alike. Well then...they have Chelsea, the girl who was a sophomore this year at either middle or outside next year (depending on where Coach Leach wants to put her). The main thing for them is do they have a setter hidding somewhere that can run the team?
[/quote]
The other girl for Silsbee that looks like Chelsea is Janci Burns

You should hear a lot more about Janci next year as she will get more playing time

Yes Silsbee had growing pains this year! I believe that the team has grown and gotten stronger because of it! Coach Leach was having to fill some mighty big shoes in Coach Thornton , we all knew this from the get go. Now that the initial butterflies and worry are gone I truly believe Silsbee is going to be tough to beat next year from any stand point. It looks like Chelsea and Janci feed off of each other as they are always seen together at the Health Club , Strength Training , etc.. They will have one heck-of-a-setter in Kolby. Silsbee will make waves that some people don't believe they can.

As I stated before, if they have a setter coming up they will compete. I still don't know if HF and Silsbee can hang with OF and BC night in and night out next year, but you never know. And on any given night...anyone can win. I hope Silsbee plays like you and Robinhood believe...I think if they do, we will see another year like this year. Best district race I've ever seen.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="737054" timestamp="1262305784"]
Folks don't get so upset. You need to know that Rizon doesn't know anything about volleyball and who is good or not good. The person is clueless.

Rizon is just taking wild guesses.
[/quote]

I agree with you AggiesAreWe. Let's make this simple for Rizon. He can call any coach in 21-3A and ask if they think that Silsbee has a shot next year and everyone will tell him OH HECK YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anytime that you take somebody out of thier comfort zone , especially kids , crazy things will happen different coaching techniques and ways of doing things etc.. Coach Leach has her own team this year and they know exactly what to expect and do since she had them since the 8th and 9th grades. If I remember correctly a couple of years ago when she was the Freshman coach we didn't look back and those kids are the ones she'll have in 2010.

I see the poll has BC out front......You know, I really don't think it matters that much; if BC just makes the playoffs IMHO.....With Coaches like Becca and Beth they will do very well in the brackets.  Good solid coaching really helps a team reach its goals in the post season..

Man...you all caught me. I don't know anything about the game. I guess all the scouting I did for years didn't teach me a thing. Any of you are welcome to come play volleyball with me anytime you want. Aggies...I believe you have said in the past you don't even watch volleyball. People quit being such homers and quit getting upset...pay attention to the teams that were there this year, the jv teams, the players teams lost and who they are returning. I don't know why you act like it's not a big deal.

Guest Robinhood
STVB,
I saw Janci Burns (Jersey #2, I think) play when Silsbee played LCM. She came off the bench and really gave Silsbee a spark.  Great leaping ability and super quick.  No doubt she will be an impact player!  Silsbee will have another outstanding front line again next year.

Hey, I'm not going to bash Rizon anymore. I have a lot of respect for a man that can admit when he is wrong. 

Silsbee will be in the mix for the District Championship, as they have been for the last 21 years or as some call it "Domination."

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="737394" timestamp="1262400299"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=63531.msg737345#msg737345 date=1262388555]
Just asking because I really don't know. Has Silsbee won an outright district championship since they moved to 21 3A?
[/quote]

Several.
[/quote]

Maybe someone with a little more knowlege of girls volleyball can answer my question. ;D ;D

[quote name="Rizon" post="737432" timestamp="1262404446"]
Just listen to Aggies...don't you know he knows everything and he is never wrong and Silsbee is the best gift to the world!!!
[/quote]

Glad that you have finally come to your senses.

Now you are talking like an intelligent person.

You may continue.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder