• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bleed orange
[quote name="bcsportsdad" post="734575" timestamp="1261604640"]
BRIDGECITY NUMBER 1
[/quote]

Homer pick. HF is king until someone knocks them off. Orangefield has some young talent coming up.  They will have something to say in the big picture. BC not sure they lost some quality players and silsbee they will always be in the mix. It will go down to the wire again.

Well put me down for a "homer" too! lol

Yes BC loses just one great Senior; however, the remainder of the short-girls will be back.  They will be fortified with a couple of taller Sophomores that will help out.  I guarantee you...you will know all about "Hannah" on the BC front line by mid-season ::)

Yes, BC lost it(District Champs) in the 5th & final set against H-F when they led 14-12 and did not put it away.  I think they win it all because the short girls just got better and better as the season progressed in the past season...EX: At the end of the season they just dominated OF in a 3-0 second game of the year.  In the playoffs they dominated Huffman-Hargrave who tied for second in a stiff-22-3A District setting.

They even, hung-in-there, against Caldwell in a respectable outing against the Region III Champion-to be:  while others had quick outs.

Yes I am also a homer and feel this group of shorter people have not topped out as a team this previous season, at all.  lol

21-25,25-18,25-13,25-16  Caldwell vs BC

25-22, 25-20, 25-21 BC vs OF

Which one is the more dominating score and which is more respectable?

[quote name="East TX" post="735025" timestamp="1261855712"]

EX: At the end of the season they just [b]dominated [/b] OF in a 3-0 second game of the year. 
They even hung-in-there, against Caldwell in a [b]respectable [/b] outing against the Region III Champion-to be
[/quote]

Oh, I think my statement is quite accurate; a 3-0 win was a good win judging as to how the tables turned at the end of the year in BC's favor.  BC worked real hard to get to this point.

...And yet to be able to get even a one set win against the Regional Champion was a respectable statement for such a short and young constantly proportionally-improving well coached team. :D

The numbers speak for themselves when you realize that Caldwell was head-and-shoulders better than anyone in this 21-3A District.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="East TX" post="735025" timestamp="1261855712"]
Well put me down for a "homer" too! lol

Yes BC loses one great Senior; however, the remainder of the short-girls will be back.  They will be fortified with a couple of taller Sophomores that will help out.  I guarantee you...you will know all about "Hannah" on the BC front line by mid-season ::)

Yes, BC lost it(District Champs) in the 5th game against H-F when they led 14-12 and did not put it away.  I think they win it all because the short girls just got better and better as the season progressed in the past season...EX: At the end of the season they just dominated OF in a 3-0 second game of the year.  In the playoffs they dominated Huffman-Hargraves who tied for second in a stiff-District setting.

They even hung-in-there, against Caldwell in a respectable outing against the Region III Champion-to be:  while others had quick outs.

Yes I am also a homer and feel this group of shorter people have not topped out as a team this previous season, at all.  lol
[/quote]

All I am saying is, it is to close to pick a clear favorite.  ;D

Silsbee's scenerio...They have the two Neely girls...will they have anyone to set the balls to them? If so, they could make a run at the 3rd spot, if not...outside again.

I hear a lot about how much better BC got throughout the year...weren't they 4-1 the first 5 games of district and 3-2 the second 5? I'm just saying. They have a very good coach and some very good athletes. The loss of Kosh is a big loss but I believe their passing will be much better next year and that will make it much easier for the two setters that will be playing (the are good setters as well).

OF loses one senior and is returning a lot of really good talent. I believe their JV team was undefeated in district as well. They have the girls on J.V. that can fill the shoes. Their backrow next year will be the best in the district, assuming that j.v. libero is up and the libero they had last year is healthy after missing this year. Don't be suprised if you see Rylie win MVP of the district next year.

HF lost a lot but the always have the talent coming up. Every year people write them off and every year they prove people wrong. So I'm sure their coaching staff will put together another strong team and they will be okay.

Question is...will there be any newcomers to the district?

[quote name="Rizon" post="735429" timestamp="1261979758"]
Silsbee's scenerio...[b]They have the two Neely girls[/b]...will they have anyone to set the balls to them? If so, they could make a run at the 3rd spot, if not...outside again.

I hear a lot about how much better BC got throughout the year...weren't they 4-1 the first 5 games of district and 3-2 the second 5? I'm just saying. They have a very good coach and some very good athletes. The loss of Kosh is a big loss but I believe their passing will be much better next year and that will make it much easier for the two setters that will be playing (the are good setters as well).

OF loses one senior and is returning a lot of really good talent. I believe their JV team was undefeated in district as well. They have the girls on J.V. that can fill the shoes. Their backrow next year will be the best in the district, assuming that j.v. libero is up and the libero they had last year is healthy after missing this year. Don't be suprised if you see Rylie win MVP of the district next year.

HF lost a lot but the always have the talent coming up. Every year people write them off and every year they prove people wrong. So I'm sure their coaching staff will put together another strong team and they will be okay.

Question is...will there be any newcomers to the district?
[/quote]

There is only one Neely girl....Chelsea.

Guest Robinhood
Silsbee will have a real good setter next season.  She played some on the Varsity Level this year when our starter was out.  She is playing HCJ in the winter under Coach Miranda Thorton.  Silsbee will have two excellent outside hitters next year as well as two very good middle hitters.  All are playing HCJ in the winter.

Silsbee will be in the mix for the 2010 District Championship.

Guest Robinhood
Well if Silsbee can fill their holes, they could compete for the 3rd spot. I don't think anyone is going to do much to BC or OF unless they catch them on a bad night. Hands down...theoretically the best two teams coming back.

That's the dumbest statement on this site.

How do you figure? Silsbee didn't even make the playoffs last year and they are losing very important positions. OF and BC both made the playoffs and both lost one player. They have varsity players that contributed a lot this year to fill the spots that are leaving. OF also easily had the best JV. I believe they were undefeated (Bobcat05 will know for sure). Robinhood quit being a homer and be realistic.

Let's see...who's going to win district (this is without considering HF who's there every year)...either BC or OF who have the best two teams coming back OR a team who lost two very important players and didn't make the playoffs last year? You probably don't think I know anything about volleyball but I believe I sent Bobcat05 an email earlier this year before the season started ranking the district as HF,OF,BC,Silsbee...I would say that's not too bad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder