Where is 19-4a all district

BHBadboy

[quote name="bronco1" post="726921" timestamp="1260372012"]
You know that the coaches vote on these players right? Crosby got alot of credit for what they did this season. Don't deminish it. Congrats to Crosby on their season and they have some fine athletes, not to mention a good coach. By the way his peers vote for that too.
[/quote]

well put.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads to every player on this list-You could make a case for alot of players but the coaches make those decisions.I'll say this;If you have a freshman kicker who's 100% 53-53 PATS 10-10 FGS from as far as 44 yds. HOW does he not make all-dist Kicker(2nd team all-dist)Just saying.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="liltex" post="726930" timestamp="1260372318"]
Congrads to every player on this list-You could make a case for alot of players but the coaches make those decisions.I'll say this;If you have a freshman kicker who's 100% 53-53 PATS 10-10 FGS from as far as 44 yds. HOW does he not make all-dist Kicker(2nd team all-dist)Just saying.
[/quote]

I was a little surprised by that too. I thought he might should have been Newcomer of the Year. It's going to be hard for a 9th grader to earn 1st team recognition unless he is an "impact" player. (Not that the kicker does not have an impact on the game, just ask Nebraska)

I have asked this before, but how many of the kickers on this list play other positions?

ploch and merka side by side

Passing
           Attempt/comp.            %             yds        ypcomp        TD           INT
Ploch         46/93                    49.4           774       16.8            12            3

Merka        106/222                 47.75         1320      12.5            10            5

Rushing - yes.... I know Ploch's weren't all from QB and none were against crosby.
          Attempts              yds         ypc         TD      
Ploch         180                1258        6.99        21

Merka         142               1009        7.11        9  

and since we're talking about what each did against the other.....

Ploch 5/12 for 41.67% - 41 yds - 0 TD - 1 INT          15 for 71 yds (4.7) 0 TD

Merka 3/10 for 30%    - 36 yds -  0 TD - 0 INT        23 for 103 yds(4.5) 2 TD

I am amazed Merka is not MVP for a team that overachieved like gangbusters.  They lost a ton of starters from last years team.  Expectations were not that high at Crosby, but they had a bunch of kids step up and play.  Merka did a tremendous job for a kid with a bad hip most of the season.  Viverette is a good athlete, but his number of interceptions was way to high to be considered MVP for the entire district. 

[quote name="liltex" post="726930" timestamp="1260372318"]
[/quote] I didn't know that he had numbers like that. Wow, that is very impressive. The Texans could use him! With those sort of numbers I don't understand why he didn't make 1st team either. I know the kid from KP had a big leg. Anybody have his numbers?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="726984" timestamp="1260379804"]
I bet Merka really doesn't care about all this..He knows he will be playing on Saturday's in the Big 12,SEC,PAC-10,ETC....
[/quote]

It matters. It's not life changing, but the kids do care.

The bad part for the rest of us is that it will probably motivate him to do even better next year. GREAT! ;D

[quote name="knight23" post="726995" timestamp="1260380933"]
What bout Frank... Went from 1st team his soph and jr year to second team his sr year. One bad game really hurt him I guess.... Good luck to him, he's a good kid. Hope the move had nothing to do this.
[/quote]

He played a lot of different roles for the Broncos this year and didn't get the numbers needed to be 1st team. If he had stayed at 1 position all year rather that be WR, RB, or DB... he would have been 1st team IMO. He played well all year though and I'm glad he was on our side.

Guest Tong Po
Crosby got the shaft big time.  The MVP's are a joke.  All pre-planned and well organized before the meeting ever took place. That's okay though, the district championship trophy is in Crosby where it belongs.

[quote name="J Creeper" post="726998" timestamp="1260381672"]
Crosby got the shaft big time.  The MVP's are a joke.  All pre-planned and well organized before the meeting ever took place. That's okay though, the district championship trophy is in Crosby where it belongs.
[/quote]

Conspiracy!!!!!!!

tell us more.

[quote name="dayton" post="726943" timestamp="1260374561"]

Passing
           Attempt/comp.            %             yds        ypcomp        TD           INT
Ploch         46/93                    49.4           774       16.8            12            3

Merka        106/222                 47.75         1320      12.5            10            5

Rushing - yes.... I know Ploch's weren't all from QB and none were against crosby.

Merka 3/10 for 30%    - 36 yds -  0 TD - 0 INT         23 for 103 yds(4.5) 2 TD

[/quote]All right lets look at it another way that takes Dayton and Crosby out of the picture.
Lets say College.....Lets say:
Oklahoma's QB lead the big 12 in stats..........
Texas QB is close behind him..........
Both are Canidates for the Heisman.......MVP........
When the red river shoot out happens Texas QB leads his team to a blow out.............
[size=14pt][b]WHO GETS THE TROPHY????????????????????[/b][/size]

THATS RIGHT, YOU KNOW, NOW YOU CAN MAYBE SEE...........

[quote name="hitman009" post="727005" timestamp="1260382355"]

[/quote]All right lets look at it another way that takes Dayton and Crosby out of the picture.
When the red river shoot out happens Texas QB leads his team to a blow out.............

[/quote]

You don't have to explain... i understood you. I was just putting the stats out there. I couldn't care less who the MVP  is...

their both good leaders and took their teams deep in the playoffs. I'm just saying looking at their entire body of work you can see how it could be a close race.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hitman009" post="727005" timestamp="1260382355"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=63472.msg726943#msg726943 date=1260374561]

Passing

Merka 3/10 for 30%    - 36 yds -  0 TD - 0 INT         23 for 103 yds(4.5) 2 TD

[/quote]

Your problem should not be with Ploch. Your attention should be focused on Vivertte. That's the one that does not make sense.

[quote name="fido" post="727011" timestamp="1260382741"]
Rumor has it Frank wasn't put up for 1st team ???
[/quote]

Rumor has it...You people... ::)

Please I think the above explanation is the reason Frank didn't get 1st Team. He's 1st in my book he did alot of things to help Dayton this year, it was just spread across the stat sheets.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="fido" post="727011" timestamp="1260382741"]
Rumor has it Frank wasn't put up for 1st team ???
[/quote]

You do not get "put up" for 1st or 2nd team. Your coach nominates you and the other coaches vote. Most votes gets 1st team.

Xavier had a fine year for the Broncos. I would bet not many players have been all-district for two schools in the same district. Quite an accomplishment in my book.

[quote name="J Creeper" post="726998" timestamp="1260381672"]
[/quote]Poor Crosby------you are getting all of the respect that you deserve-----maybe it just shows what your coaches peers think of him and you

[quote name="COUCH TATER" post="726965" timestamp="1260378274"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=63472.msg726930#msg726930 date=1260372318]
[/quote] I didn't know that he had numbers like that. Wow, that is very impressive. The Texans could use him! With those sort of numbers I don't understand why he didn't make 1st team either.[/quote]

Well, he is the ONLY Freshman recognized.....definitely impressive.

Let me preface that I do not agree with the selections, but I wasn't at all surprised.  Throughout this blog all year Crosby has received very little respect and now it seems that same amount of respect is shared by the coaches in this district.  You say Ploch is deserving and I do not dispute that, but is he any more deserving than Merka?  I think not.  My guess is Ploch is a senior and that is the reason he got MVP.  Merka may get it next year, but what if Crosby don't win district or he pulls a hamstring and is out 2 months, would he be deserving?  Merka was the QB of the district champs and should be rewarded.  Putting Viverette also ahead of Merka is just wrong; guess it's a senior thing again.

Flanigan said he had the best defensive player in the district, I agree. Dylan Judy made offensive lines change their blocking schemes, sending o-linemen out to block him.  And still he fought off those blocks to make plays time and time again.  He would be my defensive MVP as the leader of the defense of the district champs.  I also think Michael Mangum had a heck of a year as the right tackle, but he received no mention.  He was missed in the Dawson game.

I am officially giving Crosby the respect they deserve.  Congratulations Crosby on an outstanding season that will be remembered by those kids (and by the parents).  At least the coaching staff was acknowledged for the bang-up job they did all year. 

Bring on baseball.

Crosby doesn't get the respect they think they deserve on this board because the majority of their fans that post here whine about not getting respect.  Crosby had a good year, but in all honesty, the dayton game was a fluke.  That's right, a fluke, i said it. What makes the fluke even more laughable is that the crosby fans on this board make it seem like that game was the freaking state championship.  Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes. GCM is a new school and their fans understand that respect is earned over time. BH fans have a winning history that they are trying to bring back.  Garnering respect is a process, unfortunately, Crosby thinks that one lucky game entitles them to the adoration of an entire district...koo-koo.  If crosby had'nt been putting sorry teams on the field for the past decade, this probably wouldn't even be a conversation.  Congratulations to all the kids who are on the superlative list.  If any of you crosby fans are upset by getting no respect then field a winner for more than one season instead of crying about it. 

I wasn't talking about one game, but if you want to go there, fine Crosby-28 dayton-0.  Bottom line is Crosby was the better team that night.  End of story.  You say Crosby hasn't fielded any good teams in the past decade; you really show your ignorance.

The end of season picks are not what happened in the past two, three or 10 years, they're what happened in the past year.  I've stated my case and what I have said is not a lie and is not inaccurate in any way.

What I wonder is, since this a first post under that user name, are you really a long time poster and created a new name so you won't show your on-line buddies your true colors?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder