Kirbyville Fans; Is there anything you would like the team to do different ?

I know that now is not to change a winning combination, but just for fun is there anything that you would change if it was your call?  I would love to see Jones throw some short passes. The cats have some great runners and I think that the short passes would open up the run. Both our QBs have great arms and can really air it out. I just think the short passes would improve our strong running game. 

I'm all for running the ball down their throats.  If they can stop the run then we can go to the short passes jsut as we did against newton beginning in the second half. it opened up the running game in a hurry and kept the defense honest.  when that happens turn the lights off and send em home.  stay with what has worked for you so far, make adjustments when needed!!!!

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Kville99" post="721845" timestamp="1259714374"]
I'm all for running the ball down their throats.  If they can stop the run then we can go to the short passes jsut as we did against newton beginning in the second half. it opened up the running game in a hurry and kept the defense honest.  when that happens turn the lights off and send em home.  stay with what has worked for you so far, make adjustments when needed!!!!

[/quote]

I agree with Kville99..Don't get away from what got you there...It is my honest opinion that Kville can run the ball on any 2A team in Texas,and a lot of 3A Schools ..The passing game is also needed,where the conerbacks and safety's don't start easing up and get in on the Line Action..(stopping the run) The Quick slants and screens work real well with a good running game...IMO the long ball is not necessary unless you need a score quick,and it's 75% more likely to be intercepted..I'll quit coaching now.. ;D

[b]"GO WILDCATS"[/b]

The punt / kick return thing KILLS ME! There is more pressure than most people understand. I have returned a few myself (23+ years ago) so I know how it feels to look up at that ball dropping down on you end over end with the world looking to knock you out. And you know that the air is going to be sucked out of the stadium IF YOU DROP IT! So practice, practice, practice have some confidence and dont start running till AFTER you catch it.

I agree with most of you...If its not broke why fix it!!! KEEP RUNNING!!!! lol I feel like thats part of what killed us in the State game last year...doing plays we hadnt done all year long..killed us! Stick to what you know best..RUN FORD, RUN!!!!! When in doubt..run it out!!! LOL j/k Anyway, I think we have so many weapons this year that when one doesnt work, move to the next.

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="722128" timestamp="1259728850"]
I would suggest reversing that Week 10 Score....other than that no changes required. Go Luck This Next Weekend. Go CATS
[/quote]
yeah right lol yall are the toughest 2-A team we played all year. Good luck to yall too beat Daingerfield.

[quote name="speedkills" post="722935" timestamp="1259863530"]
[quote author=CLASS of 2011 link=topic=63239.msg722646#msg722646 date=1259810235]
[quote author=dray2002 link=topic=63239.msg721893#msg721893 date=1259718328]
Special teams: especially punt returns!
[/quote]
i say dont even try for the punts cause all we do is muff em

[/quote]
not # 3 but #4 every time
Yeah just keep Fowler #3 back there, he hasn't droped muffed any this year.
Hope I don't jinx him lol
[/quote]

[quote name="dray2002" post="722939" timestamp="1259864225"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63239.msg722935#msg722935 date=1259863530]
[quote author=CLASS of 2011 link=topic=63239.msg722646#msg722646 date=1259810235]
[quote author=dray2002 link=topic=63239.msg721893#msg721893 date=1259718328]
Special teams: especially punt returns!
[/quote]
i say dont even try for the punts cause all we do is muff em

[/quote]
not # 3 but #4 every time
Yeah just keep Fowler #3 back there, he hasn't droped muffed any this year.
Hope I don't jinx him lol
[/quote]
[/quote]
I hope i do jinx number 4 where he will catch one lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder