Dayton vs. Brenham Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Dayton is the last one standing from 19-4A and 20-4A....not to bring anything up but someone said 19-4A was the weaker district....sorry I had to say it :-\ 

Same place as last year then.  Can't wait to see it.  Gotta do some research on Brenham but the first thing to mind is 15-14.  I know Brenham had already clinched, rested some players, etc... but it's the first thing that comes to mind.  I hear Brenham is huge and throws the ball well but has a hard time running the ball???  Dayton's d is small and lightning quick....

On a football blog on DCTF about 5 weeks back Travis was asked what he thought about Dayton's playoff hopes;Quote If they can get by Brenham who knows how far they can go.Go Broncos 17-14 in a chain stretcher/slobberknocker defensive attack.Little 9th grader w/heart boots the 10/10 perfect FG in the last minutes.

[quote name="rollinac" post="719769" timestamp="1259452709"]
Dayton is the last big SETX school standing.  We remember the support from last 2 years and hope we get the same support this year.  Going to be a tough game against Brenham this week, especially with the grudge factor from last year.
[/quote]

Yeah as the bandwagon of "Dayton ain't no SETX team" crowds jump on board!!!

[quote name="rapayne" post="719834" timestamp="1259456423"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63088.msg719769#msg719769 date=1259452709]
Dayton is the last big SETX school standing.  We remember the support from last 2 years and hope we get the same support this year.  Going to be a tough game against Brenham this week, especially with the grudge factor from last year.
[/quote]

Yeah as the bandwagon of "Dayton ain't no SETX team" crowds jump on board!!!
[/quote]

You're going to end up hurting yourself with that big chip on your shoulder. ::)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="719862" timestamp="1259458350"]
Three years running...
Dayton is the last 4A team left playing east of Houston!

WAY TO GO BRONCOS!

Just finished the 3rd quarter video...
CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE 4TH QTR!!!!
What a game!!!
I am so lucky to be able to watch it again!!!
[/quote]
Dayton has built a program and when they get in the playoffs they know how to win. Good Luck, you can beat them.

[quote name="rollinac" post="719757" timestamp="1259452035"]
Same place as last year then.  Can't wait to see it.  Gotta do some research on Brenham but the first thing to mind is 15-14.  I know Brenham had already clinched, rested some players, etc... but it's the first thing that comes to mind.  I hear Brenham is huge and throws the ball well but has a hard time running the ball???  Dayton's d is small and lightning quick....
[/quote]

I would say size wise we are pretty even- I don't recall any players in green that I thought were terribly huge, in fact everyone I was with agreed that we match up pretty well in the size department.....now Angleton, that's another story..those guys were very large and they were spent by the 4th quarter! Their declining energy was very evident in the 2nd half.

Just got done going through the 4th qaurter.
Individual highlight videos (about a dozen) are being remade....
what a great game.

El Campo was the quickest team we have played since Crosby.
Speed in the secondary really slowed down the Broncos in the first half.
On the drive to score the 2nd touchdown, putting Payton in at QB just threw El Campo for a loop.
They couldn't stop both Frank and Ploch, and you can really tell on the video they lost about half a step in the 4th quarter.
A lot of their athletes were playing both ways.

The Dayton vs Brenham game should be a dandy!
Seems to be 2 equally balanced teams, I would give the overall speed edge to the Broncos, and I would also think that Dayton would have more offensive weapon firepower.  A lot of sophomores stepping up on the offense, that is the key.
Armando made two HUGE catches in the 4th qaurter and Gamal's run inside the 10 at the end of the 4th quarter sealed the victory.

Well, after watching Brenham against Angleton I am going to take the Broncos in this one.  Brenham is huge on both front's.  #90 on the defense is a beast but with the offense that Dayton runs he shouldn't be that big of a factor.  He is definetely someone that COULD be a factor.  #9 on offense is a heck of a receiver and will win the jump ball.  The QB is not much of a factor but will run.  BUT he runs with his freakn'head down and will absolutely get lit up if he does that against Dayton.  I have no idea how he see's where he is going, really weird.  Should be a good game, can't wait.

Dayton 31
Brenham 24

[quote name="octfeb" post="719736" timestamp="1259450621"]
And Dayton is the last one standing from 19-4A and 20-4A....not to bring anything up but someone said 19-4A was the weaker district....sorry I had to say it :-\   
[/quote]

yeah i remember someone saying that a while back!. no disrespect to 20-4A but we all know who the tougher district is..

I told yall before the El Campo game i saw Carranco hitting another field goal lol.. Dayton 28 Brenham 17. I think with the cubs not being able to run the football is going to play into our favor.. i believe our secondary has been getting better and better every week and will step up this week.. Lets get it Bronx!!!

Ok I need a speed report a true one... because im trying to make an informed decision.

This is gonna sound funny but because of realitive size equality, i'll go with Brenham if thier fast, Honestly from what ive seen of Brenham they remind me of Dayton.... no seriously, kinda wierd but they look alot alike, i.e. VERY GOOD DEFENSES, and GOOD individual preformers who play both ways.

Key to the Game Keeping Ploch, and Franks Fresh for the offense. No lie I'd Be scared of a Ploch, Franks read option.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833