Dayton vs. Brenham Predictions?

KFDM COOP

I feel sorry for the Brenham quarterback but he isnt gonna have a much better game this week because our defensive line has been causing quarterbacks trouble and being at the game saturday that quarterback was taking some hard blows he needs his offensive line to watch some tape of the Indianapolis Colts o line they could learn how to not shuffle and back peddle on their pass drops bc if they do our d line is going to blow right past them and cause that quarterback to get out of the game jus like angleton did.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give my predictions after having watched both the Dayton vs El Campo and Brenham vs Angleton games.
As a Dayton supporter I can say that we would have been so much better off against Angleton. Dayton would have been able to use their great defense to exploit Angleton's one dimension the exact same way Brenham did. Hats off to Brenham.

Defense:
Two really really good defenses. Dayton has always been stellar against the run and nothing is different this year. At first I was thinking Angleton was overrated then realized this was due to a good Brenham defense after they started breaking BIG runs. Angleton was ridiculously fast and nobody could have run those guys down from behind. I noted that neither El Campo nor Angleton were able to put together "real" scoring drives against each respective defense. Everything was scored on big plays that broke. Both defenses made adjustments accordingly but I would say Dayton did a better job. EC scored twice early and then Dayton's defense completely dominated them the rest of the game esp during the second half. Brenham made good adjustments as well and seriously slowed down Angleton but they still broke a few big plays and scored again in the second half. Of course it can easily be argued Angelton was better than El Campo. As far passing defense El Campo didn't throw much and Angleton threw even less. However when they did BOTH Dayton and Brenham got interceptions. Both D lines looked very good although I would give Dayton's the edge especially after seeing a Cub go down late in the 4th with what looked like a bad knee injury.

Offensively both looked very similar. They both were able to slingshot off of momentum given by their defenses to rally for multiple scores and secure come from behind wins. Very impressive both managed the clock well and did just what was needed to win and then keep the lead. Both teams have two dimensional offenses. Passing, I only saw Brenham go #17(screen/wheel route/short passes) and #9(downfield, caught 2 TD balls). Dayton's coaches will obviously see this on film and be watching. I would say Dayton has more variety of receivers that get the ball even though they obviously wish they could throw it to Ploch every play. I have seen him play receiver, QB, Defensive back, and run down and knock guys off their block on kickoff. He's a team leader and that's exactly why Stewart put the ball in his hands at the end of the EC game to finish it off.

Obviously both coaching staffs are top notch although Dayton has been in the playoffs every year since 96' when Stewart showed up at Dayton. Both teams are hungry. Brenham wants revenge and Dayton has been deep in the playoffs multiple times with zero ring to show for it.

Gonna be a hell of a game. Winner goes to team with fewer mistakes/less penalties.

Great breakdown on the game!
Just finished the game video.
El Campo easily was the quickest team Dayton faced all year (including Friendswood and Crosby).
El Campo's d backs were lightning quick and ran down every play that Dayton broke out on.
This speed resulted in the passing game for the Broncos having trouble in the first half.
El Campo did a great job of coverage, knocking down several passes.

In the end, Dayton's defensive speed wore out El Campo who had many players going both ways.
El Campo was prepared to stop the passing game of Andres, but when Coach Stewart put in Payton El Campo just couldn't adjust to the run option play.

What a great game by the Broncos, next weeks game should be a dan dan dandy!!!

Dusty, you forgot to mention the receiver that leads our team in td's, yards and receptions...#81 Terrelle Reese.(You haven't heard much about him lately, cuz he's been doubled the last half of the season.). He made 2 difficult catches in the first half, and was the one that caught the pass on the fake fg. 

Looking at the playoff bracket Div11 every team has a loss.No perfect teams left.On the right side 4 teams left-Dayton 2  losses(both to region finalists)-Brenham 2 losses-  Port Lavaca Calhoun 3 losses-Kerrville Tivy 5 losses    From the left side-Everman 2 losses-Aledo 1 loss   Denison 1 loss-Sulphur Springs 2 losses  Good Luck-Pic EM

[quote name="injunfan21" post="720409" timestamp="1259528659"]
19-4A is still in it because they have not faced Brenham yet....wish our second round opponet was 5-6???  Pulling for Dayton...but just sayin.....
[/quote]

regardless of 2nd round opponents...the Broncs beat a 20-4a team out of the box, then 2 more to reach their THIRD STRAIGHT regional final...just sayin'

my money's on big Stew...

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="720669" timestamp="1259554400"]
[quote author=injunfan21 link=topic=63088.msg720409#msg720409 date=1259528659]
19-4A is still in it because they have not faced Brenham yet....wish our second round opponet was 5-6???  Pulling for Dayton...but just sayin.....
[/quote]

regardless of 2nd round opponents...the Broncs beat a 20-4a team out of the box, then 2 more to reach their THIRD STRAIGHT regional final...just sayin'

my money's on big Stew...
[/quote]Uh huh and he took his cap off for that one

[quote name="dusty311" post="720532" timestamp="1259544436"]
I give my predictions after having watched both the Dayton vs El Campo and Brenham vs Angleton games.
As a Dayton supporter I can say that we would have been so much better off against Angleton. Dayton would have been able to use their great defense to exploit Angleton's one dimension the exact same way Brenham did. Hats off to Brenham.

Defense:
Two really really good defenses. Dayton has always been stellar against the run and nothing is different this year. At first I was thinking Angleton was overrated then realized this was due to a good Brenham defense after they started breaking BIG runs. Angleton was ridiculously fast and nobody could have run those guys down from behind. I noted that neither El Campo nor Angleton were able to put together "real" scoring drives against each respective defense. Everything was scored on big plays that broke. Both defenses made adjustments accordingly but I would say Dayton did a better job. EC scored twice early and then Dayton's defense completely dominated them the rest of the game esp during the second half. Brenham made good adjustments as well and seriously slowed down Angleton but they still broke a few big plays and scored again in the second half. Of course it can easily be argued Angelton was better than El Campo. As far passing defense El Campo didn't throw much and Angleton threw even less. However when they did BOTH Dayton and Brenham got interceptions. Both D lines looked very good although I would give Dayton's the edge especially after seeing a Cub go down late in the 4th with what looked like a bad knee injury.

Offensively both looked very similar. They both were able to slingshot off of momentum given by their defenses to rally for multiple scores and secure come from behind wins. Very impressive both managed the clock well and did just what was needed to win and then keep the lead. Both teams have two dimensional offenses. Passing, I only saw Brenham go #17(screen/wheel route/short passes) and #9(downfield, caught 2 TD balls). Dayton's coaches will obviously see this on film and be watching. I would say Dayton has more variety of receivers that get the ball even though they obviously wish they could throw it to Ploch every play. I have seen him play receiver, QB, Defensive back, and run down and knock guys off their block on kickoff. He's a team leader and that's exactly why Stewart put the ball in his hands at the end of the EC game to finish it off.

Obviously both coaching staffs are top notch although Dayton has been in the playoffs every year since 96' when Stewart showed up at Dayton. Both teams are hungry. Brenham wants revenge and Dayton has been deep in the playoffs multiple times with zero ring to show for it.

Gonna be a heck of a game. Winner goes to team with fewer mistakes/less penalties.
[/quote]

I give the edge to Brenham on Offense and the edge to Dayton on Defense.  If Dayton's OC call's a good game then they will have a good shot for a win.  Also, Dayton's secondary better have a good game as well.  Going to be a good game.  I still give the slight edge to Brenham based on what I saw against Angleton (size, athletes, upperclassmen etc) but Dayton can soooooooo win this game.

[quote name="J Creeper" post="720723" timestamp="1259588784"]
Brenham wins this one. Dayton will be [b]outclassed and outcoached[/b].
[/quote]

puhhh lease!

Nearly everything you post is a shot at Dayton... makes you look desperate and  not so bright.

Crosby had a good season, enjoy your success and go support the Crosby basketball team.... they can play!

Enuff;Gonna break it down in layman's terms:The past 3 years in 45 games the Broncos have LOST (6) games and go Semi-Finals-Finals-Quarterfinals and Alive.Breakdown of 6 losses(3 to F-Wood who goes deep 3 times and they're alive) 1 loss in 07 to Lumberton 8-7 who beats La Marque in bi-dist.to lose in rd.#2 to Crosby.1 loss to Crosby in 09 gm.#6 in a monsoon rain storm @Crosby(09 Div 1 region finalist)-1 loss to Sulphur Springs in 08 @ Alamodome for the State Title in a thriller that sets the State record for 11 man football in a title game.Every loss to a 2 deep playoff contender or State Champ.Now there's some cheeze folks -tired of he said she said-Good Luck Though  ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="720749" timestamp="1259593331"]
Huddleuptexas site picks Brenham by 2 ::)Broncos by 3 ;D
[/quote]

Massey matchups picks dayton by 3 at a neutral site.

This game... according to the differences of opinion by all the prognosticators is about as evenly matched as it gets.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833