Dayton vs. Brenham Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="J Creeper" post="720723" timestamp="1259588784"]
Brenham wins this one. Dayton will be outclassed and outcoached.
[/quote]

Perhaps Dayton would be outclassed if someone from Dayton posted this nonsense; however, you seem to be the one with no class. To say outcoached is the biggest load of crap i've ever heard. Its going to be a tough game, but Dayton has the bigger heart.

I'm not a big stat person and I think the Massey stuff is fun to play with but stats will have no bearing on this game or any other game of this caliber.  There are to many factors to consider during any given high school football playoff game.  I could name just as many pros and cons for both teams.  

IMO Dayton has somewhat over achieved this year with what they have but they just keep coming out and winning week after week.  That has to stand for something and definetely makes a believer out of me.

Brenham is ABSOLUTELY HUGE!!!  [color=red]FrioGal quote, "I would say size wise we are pretty even- I don't recall any players in green that I thought were terribly huge, in fact everyone I was with agreed that we match up pretty well in the size department".[/color]  I don't know what FRIOGAL was looking at when she was at the game but it must have been Brenham's cheerleaders.  Brenham's size could play a factor on the good and bad side of things.  Either way it's the playoffs and the deeper each team get's the harder the competition.  COACHES AND PLAYERS have to be flawless.

Massey is fun but it's usually not very accurate.  It's interesting, but as everybody knows...the game is played on the field and not on paper.  We would have been out 2 games ago if Massey were always right.  I'm not sure how many other people have been waiting all year to see this, but I know I have.  Hats off to both teams.  If your still playing in December, your doing something right.

[quote name="liltex" post="720295" timestamp="1259518191"]
Would like to see Ploch qb X.Baldwin/Frank duo rb's in the backfield on a few mis-direction run plays/halfback pass.RB screen was there all night vs.ElCampo.Gotta go w/Bronco "D" only allowed-33 pts=last 6 gms.-Cubs allow 92=last 6 gms.Broncos have 1,363 more tot.yds in 13 gms.Now biggest factor-Coaching-14 yrs.playoffs in a row.And Coach Stewart's ballcap-Well I saw him wearing it along time ago @ Cleburne when he took the Yellowjackets to the state title game.I lived nearby in Alvarado for  few years. ;D
[/quote]

Yeah Ploch played a good game at QB last week but he will be back at the slot position unless we really need him.. I mean Herrera didnt have a bad game, we jus had to have Ploch come in and get the tough yards to burn clock..

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="720858" timestamp="1259602279"]
Massey is fun but it's usually not very accurate.  It's interesting, but as everybody knows...the game is played on the field and not on paper.  We would have been out 2 games ago if Massey were always right.  I'm not sure how many other people have been waiting all year to see this, but I know I have.  Hats off to both teams.  If your still playing in December, your doing something right.
[/quote]

good post....

Massey is usually pretty close on point spreads though.... at least for dayton it usually is.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="720909" timestamp="1259607052"]
Crunch numbers, pull out the Ouiji Boards, call the Amazing Kreskin for his prediction, whatever you want. Folk this is going to be the ticket to see. This game should be televised, it's going to be that good, and definately better than the Texans game.
[/quote]
Your right about that...anybody have any connections or know any way to make that possible?  Otherwise alot of people will be missing out on what should be a great game...

[quote name="J Creeper" post="720723" timestamp="1259588784"]
[/quote]OUTCLASSED and OUTCOACHED? Really? Now that was a low blow.These are kids you are talking about.What rock did u slither out from under?

[quote name="octfeb" post="720919" timestamp="1259608084"]
[quote author=J Creeper link=topic=63088.msg720723#msg720723 date=1259588784]
[/quote]OUTCLASSED and OUTCOACHED? Really? Now that was a low blow.These are kids you are talking about.What rock did u slither out from under?
[/quote]
Look no further than down HWY 90 to the east.
Crosby did beat Dayton this year in football, but like years past, Dayton is still playing and Crosby is on the sidelines.

[quote name="octfeb" post="720919" timestamp="1259608084"]
[quote author=J Creeper link=topic=63088.msg720723#msg720723 date=1259588784]
[/quote]

I said this in another thread, concerning a game leading up to this one.

[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=63118.msg720852#msg720852 date=1259601832]
Well if you saw the way some of the Angleton Assistant Coaches conducted themselves on the sidelines, it will shed a little light on the way the players acted. Finis Vanover usually keeps a pretty tidy ship, but there was a lot of that street thug BS going on that really should be left off the field. And that goes for any team, the gridiron is a battlefield, but it is also a place of respect.  I don't expect that in the Dayton Game, I have never seen anything but a class act come out of there.
[/quote]

I meant every word of it. Never seen ANYTHING but a class act come out of Dayton High School. Jerry Stewart is as classy as they come, he's not always a sweetheart, but he's straight up and no nonsense. Here's a good article on him, and a kid who I am really pulling for down the road, because he is just a really great kid, great skills and even better attitude.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/jerry-stewart

Like I said before, I expect this to be one of the great games of this year, maybe any year. Truckloads of talent are going to take the field on both sides, and it will be the one to see. I met a lot of really great Dayton fans after our loss to Crosby at Leonard Stadium, they gave Waller a beating on the field, but were top shelf fans and players off the field. I have a lot of friends kids playing in this game, and look forward to the show.

Everyone has their moments but they don't last long typically. Where's all the disrespectful chiding that's supposed to happen before a big game???  You Brenham/Montgomery fans are making it tough to hate on you.  Too much respect going on here....c'mon Brenham, where's the revenge factor acid hate speeeeewwwwing?

Anyway, nothing but good takes so far.  Brenham definitely has some size at WR while Dayton CB's are larger than they typically are and should match up well I think.  The single coverage is not going to be there on the wheel/fade routes like against Angleton so I don't really see the jump ball being as big of a play this week.  That's going to be an interesting match-up to watch

[quote name="rollinac" post="720943" timestamp="1259610841"]
[b]Brenham definitely has some size at WR while Dayton CB's are larger than they typically are and should match up well I think. I don't really see the jump ball being as big of a play this week.  That's going to be an interesting match-up to watch[/b][/quote]

I was thinking the same things watching the highlights of the game on Chron.com. It seemed there was more of a size mismatch than there will be with our DB's. Those were great catches no doubt, it just seemed the dbs were outsized.

You guys that went to both games.... How do the teams match up as far as overall speed?

[quote name="dayton" post="720949" timestamp="1259611624"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63088.msg720943#msg720943 date=1259610841]
[b]Brenham definitely has some size at WR while Dayton CB's are larger than they typically are and should match up well I think. I don't really see the jump ball being as big of a play this week.  That's going to be an interesting match-up to watch[/b][/quote]

I was thinking the same things watching the highlights of the game on Chron.com. It seemed there was more of a size mismatch than there will be with our DB's. Those were great catches no doubt, it just seemed the dbs were outsized.

You guys that went to both games.... How do the teams match up as far as overall speed?
[/quote]

Dayton has the edge on speed in my opinion, especially Dayton's defensive front.  I noticed on a few plays that Brenham runs they were slow developing pass plays in which I think Dayton's defensive front will be able to wear down Brenham's big front and get to the QB.

[quote name="7mary3" post="720956" timestamp="1259612249"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=63088.msg720949#msg720949 date=1259611624]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63088.msg720943#msg720943 date=1259610841]

[/quote]

Dayton has the edge on speed in my opinion, especially Dayton's defensive front.  I noticed on a few plays that Brenham runs they were slow developing pass plays in which I think Dayton's defensive front will be able to wear down Brenham's big front and get to the QB.
[/quote]

thanks... brenham folks??

I was at both games and in my opinion Brenham is every bit as fast as Dayton.  I think Angleton made us look alot slower than we really are.  Every team we have played has listed our speed as a big concern, with the exception of Angleton and now y'all.  Like I said, this game is a toss up.  Turnovers and field position win it.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="720975" timestamp="1259613741"]
I was at both games and in my opinion Brenham is every bit as fast as Dayton.  I think Angleton made us look alot slower than we really are.  Every team we have played has listed our speed as a big concern, with the exception of Angleton and now y'all.  Like I said, this game is a toss up.  Turnovers and field position win it.
[/quote]
Agree....
Turnovers will be huge.
A good field goal kicker might also be the difference.
I like the Broncos chances if it comes down to that...

[quote name="7mary3" post="720781" timestamp="1259597032"]

Brenham is ABSOLUTELY HUGE!!!  [color=red]FrioGal quote, "I would say size wise we are pretty even- I don't recall any players in green that I thought were terribly huge, in fact everyone I was with agreed that we match up pretty well in the size department".[/color]  I don't know what FRIOGAL was looking at when she was at the game but it must have been Brenham's cheerleaders.  Brenham's size could play a factor on the good and bad side of things.  Either way it's the playoffs and the deeper each team get's the harder the competition.  COACHES AND PLAYERS have to be flawless.
[/quote]

Just my opinion of course, for what it is worth and I still stand by what I said....sure, there were quite a few players with height but overall size, I think we match up pretty well. 
Of course, I also believe size is only a small factor and not necessarily one that determines the winner of a football game- seen it too many times to rely on that alone. Maybe, just maybe we have differences of opinion because we were sitting on opposite sides  ;)  I may have been dressed in purple but I was sitting amongst all that green!  8)

I looked over all the stats for both teams this season (playoffs included) and from that alone I say my Broncos will take this but it definitely won't be easy and we MUST avoid turnovers....I am going to study things a bit more before making my official prediction but my preliminary prediction is 28- 21 Broncos.

Good luck to both teams and GO BRONCOS!!!

Brenham beat Crosby on a fake FG last year and Angleton this year.  May just come down to a fake....

Speed at the skill positions is pretty much a wash as it was for the most part last year.  Dayton's D-Line and Linebackers are small and quick while the Brenham O-Line is flat out BIG.  Another good match-up to watch.  Tough to say on that little bit of tape because the Brenham defense wasn't shown much so I'm not sure on that match-up.  It's going to come down to who executes better....the Dayton offense has yet to put together a full game but haven't needed it as of yet.  Looks like a pick 'em game to me right now.

Hey Mark, yall are gonna have one helluva squad next year, huh?  Dobbins and Bolfing both will be back and we play yall in Montgomery.  Yall gave us all we could handle this year, next years game should be interesting.  I say winner of that game takes the district.  I'm pretty confident that next year when Waller comes to Cub Stadium, we won't have the same result. ;)  Give me Brenham by atleast 21.

[quote name="friogal" post="721006" timestamp="1259615854"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=63088.msg720781#msg720781 date=1259597032]

[/quote]

Just my opinion of course, for what it is worth and I still stand by what I said....sure, there were quite a few players with height but overall size, I think we match up pretty well. 
Of course, I also believe size is only a small factor and not necessarily one that determines the winner of a football game- seen it too many times to rely on that alone. Maybe, just maybe we have differences of opinion because we were sitting on opposite sides  ;)  I may have been dressed in purple but I was sitting amongst all that green!  8)
[/quote]

Didn't mean to call you out like that but man they had some hosses.  Of course those white uni's make'em look that much bigger!  ;)

Brenhams O Line was large. The Center was probably 6' and 220 and he looked like a midget next to the rest of the line. Everyone but the Center was 6'3" or better and pushed 270+.

#90 on defense was a hoss. Only a Sophomore, but very good and huge (6'4" 290+ not exagerating). This kid will be one of the top prospects inthe nation his Senior year.

You can throw on Brenham with the right scheme. We had some success in the passing game, just don't try to go deep all game long because the Safety #81 is a ball hawk.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245