Dayton vs. Brenham Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="722437" timestamp="1259788812"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63088.msg722433#msg722433 date=1259788554]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=63088.msg722428#msg722428 date=1259788163]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63088.msg722427#msg722427 date=1259788071]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63088.msg722421#msg722421 date=1259787282]
Well lookie there if it aint a blast from the past....how's yo mamma doin?  Looking forward to re-kindling that thread....now that was a fun week!!
[/quote]

Ya, I think we might have to join in on the party this time....   ;)
[/quote]

Good, we would love to have Brenham's support heading into the next round.  ;D
[/quote]

Correction* - We are gonna crash the party.   Either way, region 3 is taking it home.
[/quote]
If you would like...
I will mail you some semi-final tickets so you can come watch the Broncos play on the weekend of the 12th....
[/quote]

Your powder puff team made the semis?  That's great, even though, I bet your varsity team will be jelous that they made it farther than they did it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to ease over into Smoaky last night to get them Wildcats going for their game and ours.Both take care of bussiness  a week @ a time.Every game now tuffer by the week.A Bronco victory sure helps Dave Campbell's pre-season poll w/Dayton in the semi's.

[quote name="sswildcatrunner06" post="722701" timestamp="1259814362"]
LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!! One more SS fan rootin for ya!
[/quote] Back to ya SS brothers ! Looks like both SS & Dayton are in for a tough match this next go around . What message boards do your fans usually post on ?

Well I hope both teams are up for this, this is going to be one for the books. I am sure Fiendswood, Katy, and Cinco Ranch will be drawing all the media spotlight to their deal, as they always do, but it would be nice if Channel 2 would get off their duffs and give these young men some descent positive publicity. These hack reporters around Houston try, but never really do them justice. But these two schools regrettably are too far outside the Beltway, to get a fair shake in the media. However, the cold weather is upon us, and it's going to be a perfect setting for some smash-mouth, good old fashion Texas High School Football. Hang on folks this one is gonna be good. Best of luck to both teams, and let them know down in Houston what a great game they will be missing.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="722790" timestamp="1259848917"]
Well I hope both teams are up for this, this is going to be one for the books. I am sure Fiendswood, Katy, and Cinco Ranch will be drawing all the media spotlight to their deal, as they always do, but it would be nice if Channel 2 would get off their duffs and give these young men some descent positive publicity. These hack reporters around Houston try, but never really do them justice. But these two schools regrettably are too far outside the Beltway, to get a fair shake in the media. However, the cold weather is upon us, and it's going to be a perfect setting for some smash-mouth, good old fashion Texas High School Football. Hang on folks this one is gonna be good. Best of luck to both teams, and let them know down in Houston what a great game they will be missing.
[/quote]you got that right.  good post.  "Go Broncos"

[quote name="liltex" post="722757" timestamp="1259837133"]
Dctf picking Cubs as is [email protected] a hair(of a pigskin).Broncos play 4 qtrs.of intense football like the Waller game its bluebell-bb for basketball- bb.New flavor of the month:Stewart Pe-Can Semi Finals Pie ;D
[/quote]

Oh ever since Brenham beat Angleton Sam Kahn and Jenny Dial have pretty much picked Brenham to win state.  Not saying Brenham can't but just making a point.  A person would think with the stats etc. that both Brenham and Dayton have put up over the last ten years they would give both teams a little more publicity/respect.  As long as Katy, La Marque, and them Cy-Fair schools are in it there will be no love outside of Harris Co.  Nothing like a little sports writer motivation for the CHOS!  

Broncos lost their Chron. reporter Brandon Williams.Moved up the ladder w/one of those magazine/poll guru's staff.Always amazes me how somebody thinks they're almost smart enough to pour ----out of a boot.Kahn quoted Diggs best jr.in Texas only days ago. :D :D

[quote name="7mary3" post="723242" timestamp="1259890179"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=63088.msg722757#msg722757 date=1259837133]
Dctf picking Cubs as is [email protected] a hair(of a pigskin).Broncos play 4 qtrs.of intense football like the Waller game its bluebell-bb for basketball- bb.New flavor of the month:Stewart Pe-Can Semi Finals Pie ;D
[/quote]

Oh ever since Brenham beat Angleton Sam Kahn and Jenny Dial have pretty much picked Brenham to win state.  Not saying Brenham can't but just making a point.  A person would think with the stats etc. that both Brenham and Dayton have put up over the last ten years they would give both teams a little more publicity/respect.  As long as Katy, La Marque, and them Cy-Fair schools are in it there will be no love outside of Harris Co.  Nothing like a little sports writer motivation for the CHOS!

I hear ya....it was all about HISD teams and Angleton, untill the last half against Angleton.  Now those writers wanna jump on the bandwagon.  I have no problem if you say were gonna win state or whatever you wanna say...just do it from the begining and not just cuz we beat the team that you picked to win the region.  Seems like they forget about us (Brenham & Dayton) every year.  Ever since LaMarque dropped off the face of the earth, they don't know what to do. 
[/quote]

Time for my "not so fearless" prediction. Brenham is no doubt a quality football team. I saw the PNG game and was impressed with their offense. They run a lot of different plays from several formations. Very disciplined group with talent at the skill positions. They use the running back out of the backfield as a receiver effectively. Schlottmann is a very capable QB who can also run well. We all know about their star receivers. Much respect goes out to the Brenham team and the fans. As I've said before on another thread, you won't find a classier bunch.

However, I believe the Bronco defense will be the stars of this game. This is the best Bronco defense in the last three seasons. As good as the front 3 have been, they won't be the major factors in this one. #2, #14, #5, and #25 (the secondary) will have their turn to shine. They won't have to be just run support from here on out. The linebacking core will also play a major role on all those short passes and QB scrambles that will be such a large part of this game. Look for #12 to have a game to tell the grandkids about! This Bronco defense is gonna be so ready to play. It's gonna be fun to watch.

The Bronco offense + the freshman phenom, will put more than enough points on the board to move on to the rematch with Kerrville Tivy. (God I hope that idiot poster Tivy74 or whatever his name was is long gone.) Broncos pull this one out 24 - 17!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="723380" timestamp="1259902837"]
20-17. Brenham, late fg.
[/quote]
How good is your field goal kicker...
Carranco has connected on a 40 yard plus field goal this year.

It might just very well come down to a lot of field goals, if think it will be hard to punch the ball in on both defenses inside the redzone.

Can't wait till tomorrow night!!!
Talk about having layers and layers of clothes on, it will be cold, looks like game time temperatures will be in the 30's and there will probably be a pretty good north / northeast wind blowing.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="723428" timestamp="1259929600"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63088.msg723380#msg723380 date=1259902837]
20-17. Brenham, late fg.
[/quote]
[b]How good is your field goal kicker...[/b]

It might just very well come down to a lot of field goals, if think it will be hard to punch the ball in on both defenses inside the redzone.

Talk about having layers and layers of clothes on, it will be cold, looks like game time temperatures will be in the 30's and there will probably be a pretty good north / northeast wind blowing.
[/quote]

He's good.. hit a 39 yarder in the PNG game with alot of yards to spare.

[quote name="dayton" post="723432" timestamp="1259930005"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=63088.msg723428#msg723428 date=1259929600]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63088.msg723380#msg723380 date=1259902837]
20-17. Brenham, late fg.
[/quote]
[b]How good is your field goal kicker...[/b]

[/quote]

He's good.. hit a 39 yarder in the PNG game with alot of yards to spare.
[/quote]

he has plenty of leg....but he kicks from the wrong side of the ball... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami