Crosby vs. Pearland Dawson Sat. 2:00pm/DAWSON ADVANCES!!!!

Cougtalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely great season for the Coogs. Another good game. Dawson has some horses, man can they run. I saw the coogs three times this year and they were a good ball club. I do not know about supporting the Broncos though. I did see the Bronco  coaches look dejected in the endzone on the last play of the Mont. game. Geez I thought they would want our district to win.

Im attributing our Loss to our opponents size... but great game it was simple the Eagles just were bigger, and had lead blocks everywhere, they did a great job of negating the speed of the cougars.

The Offense did well this game wish they woulda got that ball back but that 4th down conversion was killer.

dawson had 5 drives, (minus one that the 2nd quarter went out on, and the fourth quarter ending drive) and scored 4 TDS, crosby ahd the ball 6 drives and scored 3. If my offense scores 50% of the time i expect to win, but not in this case.

FYI we may need to see if this was the quickest game in school history i swear it lasted less than 2 hrs.

Guest falcon83
Good show this year Coogs and much to hang your hat on. You guys are becoming a very good program over the past several years. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all.  8)

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="720110" timestamp="1259472700"]
Loss due to size????It was speed..Crosby has no speed on defense and it showed today...We never even came close to stopping there offense....The only way we would of won would of been on the last play of the game,so there offense would not of had to come back out on the field...
[/quote]

This post shows an honest ignorance of the cougars defense. That Defense is fast, and was fast in that game, they didn't tackle aswell, but i'm not going to listen to BS about how they're slow... thats simply a fallacy. Crosby was the faster of the two teams and pearland was the bigger, the defense was fast but thier size negated that by good lead blocking.

Watch the game then post your simply wrong.

I made every game except the PNG game and unfortunately I missed the last game against Dawson due to a prior commitment. Early on I did not give this team much of a chance, but to my surprise this team really came together. I also do not agree that their defense was slow. Not sure where that is coming from, because if you are not very big, which they are not, and you have a pretty darn successful defense, then you have to be pretty quick. I have seen some of the hardest hits by these guys in quite some time. Not sure what their turnover to take away ratio ended up being, but I bet it was well above to the positive side. I have not spoke with any of the coaches, but I know they have to be extremely proud of how this team came together and how they brought the fans together. I hope this season builds on their overall program. Congratulations on an outstanding season!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder