Kirbyville vs. Anahuac Prediction's

brianmcd

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no doubt we are fast, but Kirbyville is just as fast if not faster, especially with their overall team speed.  Believe me, I'd like to see my Panthers end Kville's season with an upset, and it would be awesome to see a 28-21 score, no matter which team is victorious!

Should be a wet and slippery night, so who knows what will happen on the field - at least it won't be muddy out there!

Good luck to the Wildcats and safe travel for fans on both sides!

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="712880" timestamp="1258725826"]
There's no doubt we are fast, but Kirbyville is just as fast if not faster, especially with their overall team speed.  Believe me, I'd like to see my Panthers end Kville's season with an upset, and it would be awesome to see a 28-21 score, no matter which team is victorious!

Should be a wet and slippery night, so who knows what will happen on the field - at least it won't be muddy out there!

Good luck to the Wildcats and safe travel for fans on both sides!
[/quote]

Good post but with it being a wet track we all know anything can happen.  With that being said if it is a ground and pound night Kirbyville should still come out on top.  Anahuac has to be able to stop the run and thus far they haven't been able to.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="712865" timestamp="1258724998"]
Anahuac is one of the fastest teams in this area. Panthers have way to much speed for K-VILLE. Ford will have a blow out. Panthers upset K-VILLE 28-21.
[/quote]

IMO Anahuac has not played a team yet on the same level as Kirbyville..And as for speed you will see more speed than you want to see on both sides of the ball....Not only Ford,but Ervine,Rhodes,Cucancic...Can all carry the mail..Best of luck to both teams...And I hope a Injury free ball game....

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="712899" timestamp="1258726862"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62367.msg712865#msg712865 date=1258724998]
Anahuac is one of the fastest teams in this area. Panthers have way to much speed for K-VILLE. Ford will have a blow out. Panthers upset K-VILLE 28-21.
[/quote]

IMO Anahuac has not played a team yet on the same level as Kirbyville..And as for speed you will see more speed than you want to see on both sides of the ball....Not only Ford,but Ervine,Rhodes,Cucancic...Can all carry the mail..Best of luck to both teams...And I hope a Injury free ball game....
[/quote]

Yes, we haven't played a team as talented as Kville, but watching the Panthers all season it's been very obvious and disturbing to me that we haven't played up to our potential and just haven't seemed hungry if you catch my drift - this may be our last chance!  Our defense has played "bend but don't break" all season and haven't given up many points, this should be a much harder task though.  I cannot say that y'all have better RB's 'cause I know we are just as talented at that position...the difference between our squads thus far is in the trenches.  Our O and D line just aren't nearly as polished and if you can't create gaps, you can't go anywhere.  By no means am I saying your D wouldn't have something to do with that, I'm just saying I've seen it all season without playing you guys and it wouldn't be anything new for our offense to stall.  Nothing would make me happier than for everything to come together tonight, I just don't want to see 3 or 4 onside kicks again!!!  :-\

[/quote]
Is this a joke K-ville Newton Jasper Silsbee WOS all have far more speed than Anahuac could ever dream of

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="713027" timestamp="1258736126"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62367.msg712865#msg712865 date=1258724998]
[/quote]
Is this a joke K-ville Newton Jasper Silsbee WOS all have far more speed than Anahuac could ever dream of
[/quote]

Individually, we have just as much speed - what we lack is team speed, which is what the schools listed above have mixed with solid execution.  There is a difference!  If we break one tonight, I don't see us getting caught from behind, but being able to break one is the issue. 

Ex:  Put D. Childress, T. Thomas or J. Albritton behind Kvilles line and you would see stats like Ford's.  I'm not even sure if Albritton is playing tonight, ankle still tweaked and he's just a soph., so coaches might be saving him for the next 2 years - who knows! 

[/quote]

BAH HA HA HA HA. this should go under JOKE OF THE DAY at www.jokes.com.

i wish safe driving to and from anahuac for all their fans and players... but as far as game play goes... the wildcats will forever have my vote... :)

[quote name="Lefty99" post="712851" timestamp="1258723156"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62367.msg712836#msg712836 date=1258721141]
[quote author=grizzly62 link=topic=62367.msg712833#msg712833 date=1258720520]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62367.msg712783#msg712783 date=1258693159]
[quote author=Cowboys link=topic=62367.msg712041#msg712041 date=1258644734]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62367.msg711843#msg711843 date=1258602807]
EXACTLY..that was totally uncalled for!!!
[/quote]

How is a legal block "totally uncalled for?"  The only time it gets illegal is when you cut somebody on special teams or when a defensive lineman is "high/lowed."  If he is in the box, his knees are fair game.  Believe it or not, Kirbyville has been guilty of illegal cut blocks.  In 2001, an Anahuac player had his season ended prematurely when he was cut on a kick-off.  It happens.  The play being referenced from last year was a play from scrimmage, not a kick-off.  
[/quote]

I was responding to what someone else posted, but no longer is on here...guess they decided to delete it! Prob Moderator asked them to.
[/quote]

Kville1992 you going to to get wet with us tonite?
[/quote]

Got my slickers packed as we speak!!! LOL You know I wouldnt miss it. Glad to hear you guys are coming. We've been missing you guys at the games! Hope your family is doing well. See ya'll tonight.
[/quote]

I don't know about ya'll but I'll be high and dry in the booth! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Rub it in why dont you...LOL ::) ::)

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="713040" timestamp="1258736918"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=62367.msg713027#msg713027 date=1258736126]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Individually, we have just as much speed - what we lack is team speed, which is what the schools listed above have mixed with solid execution.  There is a difference!  If we break one tonight, I don't see us getting caught from behind, but being able to break one is the issue. 

[b]Ex:  Put D. Childress, T. Thomas or J. Albritton behind Kvilles line and you would see stats like Ford's[/b].  I'm not even sure if Albritton is playing tonight, ankle still tweaked and he's just a soph., so coaches might be saving him for the next 2 years - who knows! 
[/quote]

I am not sure that I would put them in that category.  Ford is on another level then they are at this point.  Yes, they would have good numbers but I don't think you understand how many yards and TD's he has after contact and I don't mean an attempted arm tackle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder