Best running back in south east texas

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="703277" timestamp="1257857803"]
Fred Ford gets my vote also!!! He is young and will be back next year!!! If he had the playing time these other kids that you all have mentioned, his numbers would blow all of you out the water..but when you put your JV in before half time, its kind of hard for him to get better numbers and more playing time. JMO.
[/quote]
Easy now, I don't remember seeing any JV players against Newton, WOS, maybe Jasper.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="703151" timestamp="1257825725"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=62181.msg703108#msg703108 date=1257822899]
There are 4 or 5 worth mention,  but Jeremy Cooper is definitely among them.
[/quote]

Cooper is a great running back. What grade is he in?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, Cooper is one of two or three seniors who start for Westbrook.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="703295" timestamp="1257859075"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62181.msg703277#msg703277 date=1257857803]
Fred Ford gets my vote also!!! He is young and will be back next year!!! If he had the playing time these other kids that you all have mentioned, his numbers would blow all of you out the water..but when you put your JV in before half time, its kind of hard for him to get better numbers and more playing time. JMO.
[/quote]
Easy now, I don't remember seeing any JV players against Newton, WOS, maybe Jasper
[/quote]

i say ford and yes he did play full games against the teams you mentioned, but not against san augustine, hemphill, liberty, shelbyville, woodville, hj, and diboll. kvillefan does have a point.

Aug. 28 @ West Orange-Stark, L, 21-42
Sept. 4 OPEN
Sept. 11 Waller, W, 27-23
Sept. 18 @ Friendswood, L, 7-42
Sept. 25 Beaumont Ozen*, L, 10-16
Oct. 2 @ Port Neches-Groves*, L, 7-23
Oct. 9 Little Cypress-Mauriceville*, W, 30-14
Oct. 16 Beaumont Central*, L, 14-35
Oct. 23 @ Livingston*,W, 31-14
Oct. 30 Vidor*, W, 22-20
Nov. 6 @ Lumberton*, W, 31-21

The players I seen during the year , Harmon (PNG) & O'neal (Central) impressed me the most.

i think Cooper is an excellent running back no disrespect to any of the other running backs in the area, But I have watched him grow this season.  If you saw him against Central this "program running back" was not producing.  Week after week he continued to get better.  I think his slow start can be attributed to a lack of carries on varsity as a sophomore and a junior.  I think now he is experienced and  has grown into one of the top two or three backs in the area

Would have to select Ford at Kville due to the yards per carry avg. and the fact (already mentioned above) that he has been pulled from most of the games this season once the game was out of reach (exceptions being Newton/WO-S/Jasper). Had he stayed in these games, who knows what his numbers might be. Not trying to take anything from Harmon,Pittman,Cooper, etc. but I have to go with the numbers. I believe Ford has approx. 1500 yards on 170 or so carries while Harmon has 1600 yards on 270 some odd carries. Both are great backs but Ford's numbers are better.

[quote name="kvillefootball" post="703782" timestamp="1257901377"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=62181.msg703295#msg703295 date=1257859075]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62181.msg703277#msg703277 date=1257857803]
[/quote]
Easy now, I don't remember seeing any JV players against Newton, WOS, maybe Jasper
[/quote]

i say ford and yes he did play full games against the teams you mentioned, but not against san augustine, hemphill, liberty, shelbyville, woodville, hj, and diboll. kvillefan does have a point.
[/quote]
The same point that any running back from Newton faces every year. When you become a team these singular awards tend to go to other people. Any running back playing can say "if I had gotten more carries, I would be the best". My point.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="703295" timestamp="1257859075"]
[/quote]
Easy now, I don't remember seeing any JV players against Newton, WOS, maybe Jasper.
[/quote]

Ok ChampionEagle...I never said against who...dont take it personal. We played many games with our JV in for our Varsity.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86