VIDEO: Is this the SETX play of the year?

ljeicp08

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="702701" timestamp="1257798772"]
I don't know if it's the "play of the year", but it is definitely the most "fortunate play of the year". ;)
[/quote]

No more fortunate than the PN-G fumble Central returned 80 yards for a TD. 

It's the timing of the play that makes it the play of the year! 

By the way, I get chills everytime I see it !  Awesome!

Also, we must remember PN-G still had 43 seconds and a timeout left, who knows what might have been if "The Play" hadn't happened?  Maybe they drive down and kick a fieldgoal to tie it up anyway, maybe they bust one open for a TD, maybe Central forces a fumble on the kickoff and scores another TD.  Who knows.  All I know is I will never forget that moment!  The roar of the PN-G crowd, as Dunbar sprinted down the sideline! 

[color=goldenrod][color=crimson][size=12pt][font=Tahoma]That was an incredable feat.  You PNG boys deserve your DISTRICT WIN. I'm a Nederland fan and I am so proud of your whole team.  That video just shows pure grit and determination. Way to go boys![/font][/size][/color][/color]

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="702834" timestamp="1257805558"]
[color=goldenrod][color=crimson][size=12pt][font=Tahoma]That was an incredable feat.  You PNG boys deserve your DISTRICT WIN. I'm a Nederland fan and I am so proud of your whole team.  That video just shows pure grit and determination. Way to go boys![/font][/size][/color][/color]
[/quote]
i feel a bunch of smites coming on from the dawg fans lol

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="702831" timestamp="1257805319"]
i'm sorry, but the only thing about that that wasn't luck was the block, hats off to the guy that blocked it, but if u watch closely it bounces off another ndn and right to him
[/quote]

And your point is????

Are you saying that luck plays no part in sports?

But, to engage your theory that PNG won by sheer luck...I call bunk.

The team never surrendered and played their hearts out until the final whistle blew.  

Do you assume this play happens for a team that had a defeatist attitude when they got down?

What you call luck some may describe as fate or destiny.

Things happen like this all the time in sports.  But trying to deflate the splendor of this play by calling it 'luck" is just dumb.

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="702857" timestamp="1257806568"]
i'd have to say laramore, #43 for us made a pretty good catch against yall png
the 1 hand tip 1 hand catch, that was beast mode
[/quote]
Yeah that was a awesome catch. I hated that he caught it against my NDN's. But Dang that was one hejj of a catch. That should have been the catch of the week on that one !!! Luck and Determination !!! Those 2 are deadly !!! Good luck Pirates in the playoffs. I want to see you guys lay Dayton out !!!

[quote name="pngfan66" post="702850" timestamp="1257806134"]
And everyone says that PNG has no speed on the team. ?????? looks like Dunbar outran how many Jags ?  I was at the game and had to dig my wifes fingernails out of my arm after that play.
[/quote]
he got caught at the end of the play...but he was kinda fast

[quote name="SD2009" post="702860" timestamp="1257806957"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=62161.msg702850#msg702850 date=1257806134]
And everyone says that PNG has no speed on the team. ?????? looks like Dunbar outran how many Jags ?  I was at the game and had to dig my wifes fingernails out of my arm after that play.
[/quote]
he got caught at the end of the play...but he was kinda fast
[/quote]
Kinda fast for 97 yards !

[quote name="pngfan66" post="702859" timestamp="1257806850"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62161.msg702857#msg702857 date=1257806568]
i'd have to say laramore, #43 for us made a pretty good catch against yall png
the 1 hand tip 1 hand catch, that was beast mode
[/quote]
Yeah that was a awesome catch. I hated that he caught it against my NDN's. But Dang that was one hejj of a catch. That should have been the catch of the week on that one !!! Luck and Determination !!! Those 2 are deadly !!! Good luck Pirates in the playoffs. I want to see you guys lay Dayton out !!!
[/quote]
thanks, good luck to the ndn's too, i hope we do too, i think our game will be close with us winning by killin the clock, the way the dayton fans are talking you'd think they already won 70-0
btw ur NDN's r my lock of the week, go [size=18pt][color=purple][b]SCALP EM!!!!![/b][/color][/size]

[quote name="jdenzo" post="702856" timestamp="1257806459"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62161.msg702831#msg702831 date=1257805319]
i'm sorry, but the only thing about that that wasn't luck was the block, hats off to the guy that blocked it, but if u watch closely it bounces off another ndn and right to him
[/quote]

And your point is????

Are you saying that luck plays no part in sports?

But, to engage your theory that PNG won by sheer luck...I call bunk.

The team never surrendered and played their hearts out until the final whistle blew.  

Do you assume this play happens for a team that had a defeatist attitude when they got down?

What you call luck some may describe as fate or destiny.

Things happen like this all the time in sports.  But trying to deflate the splendor of this play by calling it 'luck" is just dumb.
[/quote]
i never said png won by sheer luck, i never insinuated it either, all that i said is that it was a lucky play
i don't know what your problem is, must be that time of the month i guess...

[quote name="pngfan66" post="702872" timestamp="1257807486"]
All 20-4A TEAMS NEED TO BAN TOGETHER ON THESE THREADS AND NOT BACK DOWN FROM THE 19 BOYS !!! SUPPORT EACH OTHER ON HERE AND NO BICKERING BETWEEN THE 4 20-4A TEAMS !!!!! SHOW EM WHAT WE HAVE WITH OUR DISTRICT SUPPORT OF EACH OTHER !
[/quote]
exactly, sorry about that but this jdenzo guy is a fool

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86