Goose Creek Memorial vs Bmt. Central Matchup/At The Babe!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="D3zii" post="700994" timestamp="1257630492"]
Sorry Rollinac,But no upset this week

I think we will prove we have the better Athletes this week and flex our muscles as we did Last Year Against North Forest who y'all also said had the same amount of ATH's as us..
[/quote]Good points, Jaguar!  ;)

man oh man you guys from GCM don't even know what your in for with Central. You better be prepared to leave early so you can get on the long road home to Baytown. Central by 28 ! GCM your playing a real team now so just enjoy what your going to watch and learn from one of the best teams in 20-4A. If Central plays like they did against my INDIANS, GCM won't even have a chance to catch their breath. ONE and OUT for GCM.

All you guys from the Golden Triangle kill me. Yes, you do have a lot of rich tradition with some outstanding football programs but you would think that noone else does by listening to all of you. You say that 20-4A plays real football and are real football teams. What does that make all the teams from the Houston area. You cannot take PN-G stomping of Crosby early in the season and compare it to now or you will have to compare PN-G barely squeaking by BH.  Let the results next week speak for themselves and give all the credit where it is due, to the winners.

GCM, I think has 8 Sophomores on varsity and all making a contribution especially on defense where many start. It may have killed their JV this year but has helped out the varsity more than anyone knows. The Soph. back up RB for GCM will be a D-1 recruit and may already be better than the Allen kid if given the chance. A second year program with one win last season and getting better each week. If GCM wins, I would hardly call this an upset. Good luck to both programs.

Central should win this one as long as they stay focused.  GCM probably "stole" some of Lee and Sterling's players when they opened hence the other two's demise.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="700916" timestamp="1257626797"]
[quote author=Brazier1 link=topic=62007.msg700900#msg700900 date=1257625830]
I know the kids at Central will show up and represent as usaual. Just hope our coaching staff finally shows up and represent these hard working kids with some decent locigal football savy play calling for a change.
Went through 2 tough weeks with some questionable play calling that in the end cost these kids a possible district championship.
Guess that what we get in an old school coach.

[/quote]Well, we cannot complain because he had our chances to win the game in Livingston and had the game won vs. PN-G.  One of those games was the result of a bad decision by the Coach.   You can't complain with being the top seeded 4a team in Division 1 in the playoffs. Coaching have been good pretty much all year.  
[/quote]

Where did you get that data about the seedings?

[quote name="fwstangs" post="702071" timestamp="1257732847"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62007.msg700916#msg700916 date=1257626797]
[quote author=Brazier1 link=topic=62007.msg700900#msg700900 date=1257625830]
I know the kids at Central will show up and represent as usaual. Just hope our coaching staff finally shows up and represent these hard working kids with some decent locigal football savy play calling for a change.
Went through 2 tough weeks with some questionable play calling that in the end cost these kids a possible district championship.
Guess that what we get in an old school coach.

[/quote]Well, we cannot complain because he had our chances to win the game in Livingston and had the game won vs. PN-G.  One of those games was the result of a bad decision by the Coach.   You can't complain with being the top seeded 4a team in Division 1 in the playoffs. Coaching have been good pretty much all year.  
[/quote]

Where did you get that data about the seedings?
[/quote]I'm sorry.  I meant the top seeding for the first round.  Meaning that we play the #2 big school team over there.  I didn't mean the top seeded team in region 3.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="703137" timestamp="1257824788"]
Don't know a thing about GCM, so I'll be conservative and say Central wins this one by at least 35.

Or, I hope so anyway!
[/quote]

I have seen both teams play this year and GCM will be a good early test for Central.  Central has the better defense and better overall team but you better get up early and not let GCM hang around.  RB Allen for GCM is a gamebreaker in space and the QB can throw on the run really well.  Plus Central is coming in off a two game losing streak and sometimes that can be a monkey on your back. 

Guest GCMPats
This will be a much closer game than predicted by the Golden Triangle contingent. Central holds the edge in "playoff" experience. GCM has the speed to run with the Jags. If the Patriots can survive the initial "deer in the headlights' of the first quarter, this game will be decided in the 4th. Outcome will be based on who makes the least mistakes and GCM's ability to avoid the costly penalties.

Goose Creek Memorial      35
Central Medical Magnet    32

[quote name="GCMPats" post="703370" timestamp="1257865930"]
This will be a much closer game than predicted by the Golden Triangle contingent. Central holds the edge in "playoff" experience. GCM has the speed to run with the Jags. If the Patriots can survive the initial "deer in the headlights' of the first quarter, this game will be decided in the 4th. Outcome will be based on who makes the least mistakes and GCM's ability to avoid the costly penalties.

Goose Creek Memorial       35
Central Medical Magnet     32
[/quote] :D :D :D :D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83