What's wrong with PAM since the NS game?

I applaud PNG for the fine season they are having, but 4A and 5A are two different dogs. At least PAM scheduled a top 5 ranked team this year, knowing they would face another one in district. Lets see what happens when you guys get to the playoffs and have to play the Yates, Longviews, and Daytons. Thats how you measure your success. PAM peaked too soon, and I think they burned themselves out along with the coaching staff starting to think too much.......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][b][size=24pt]Something Doesn't Add Up![/size][/b][/center]
[center][img]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5592/funkyjn.jpg[/img][/center]

I am just goofing but I honestly suspect North Shore, while a very strong team, is not the North Shore everyone thought they were and PAM & Channelview were grossly taken for granted. PAM and Channelview are much better than most thought and are very close to being the teams they want to be.

The players read these blogs and they also read the same ranking sites we do. The players also hear us talk. I seriously suspect if PAM and Channelview focused more on execution on every down and less on what we and the so called experts have to say, they would really like the results.

Congrats to PAM for bringing NS back down to earth.

You are right on!!! Baytown Sterling exposed PAM in their game. And once you are weakness is exposed on video, the "great coaches and staffs will use it against you". The offensive coordinator at Sterling is one of those, and he found the weakness in bits and pieces from PAM 3 games before Sterling. This is his second year at Sterling and has done an excellent job with below-below-below-average athletes this year. He did very good last year with average athletes helping STerling get their first state playoff reward in over 20 years. The funny thing is he was a FINALIST for both the PAM and Baytown Lee jobs!!!!! Can you imagine either Lee's or PAM's offense under his direction? It would be incredible--whoever makes him a HEAD COACH will be labeled a "genius school district for finding such a diamond in the rough", but astute football fans can see his potential at what he has done at Sterling with the worst athletes in the district. Find out what he did at Mesquite when he was there--they were a BEAST!
later

Bring back Mike Owens!  Remember how the Yellow Jacket alums ran him out of town because he was such a terrible coach.  (See his record in Tyler) 

Bottom line is that since the early 90s PAISD had made terrible decision after terrible decision(See Dean Colbert) regarding the football program and these coaches have wasted the incredible talent in PA.(Charles, Johnson ...to many to list)  PAISD needs to get out of the mentality of the local boy done good and hire a quality, proven coach.  Then give said coach the facilities, power and assistant coaches and needed for a real 5A program to be successful.   

How is it possible that we have merged SFA, Lincoln and Jefferson into one Memorial High School and Memorial probably could not beat the Lincoln or Jefferson teams of the past.  I, for one, am fed up with the entire PAISD school board and administration from an athletics standpoint.  This is a joke that we get the results we do with the talent pool we have to pull from.

Ok my rant is over. If I offended anyone, I apologize in advance.  But this is how I see it. 

[quote name="Shea9840" post="693487" timestamp="1257094132"]
Bring back Mike Owens!  Remember how the Yellow Jacket alums ran him out of town because he was such a terrible coach.  (See his record in Tyler) 

Bottom line is that since the early 90s PAISD had made terrible decision after terrible decision(See Dean Colbert) regarding the football program and these coaches have wasted the incredible talent in PA.(Charles, Johnson ...to many to list)  PAISD needs to get out of the mentality of the local boy done good and hire a quality, proven coach.  Then give said coach the facilities, power and assistant coaches and needed for a real 5A program to be successful.     

How is it possible that we have merged SFA, Lincoln and Jefferson into one Memorial High School and Memorial probably could not beat the Lincoln or Jefferson teams of the past.  I, for one, am fed up with the entire PAISD school board and administration from an athletics standpoint.  This is a joke that we get the results we do with the talent pool we have to pull from.

Ok my rant is over. If I offended anyone, I apologize in advance.  But this is how I see it. 
[/quote]
Mike Owens, man please.  Eventhough they beat Cujo Friday, his magic dust for the most part has ran out @Tyler Lee.  Btw, he's a TJ alum too.  I agree PA missed a good one in Suggs but other than that, they contine to hire Ex-TJ folk.  They tend to make a simple game such as football seem hard as Calculus and it's not that hard.  As far as the merger of 3 schools, when one digs deeper into PAM's demographics, with the Asian population never playing football and the growth of Hispanics, PAM's really a 5A school with big 3A participation but even still, this team had the talent to at least continue to win after beating NS.  Looks like plain ol big headed-ness from the kids but I put that on Xbox for not getting them mentally prepared to play.  I hold him accountable for the emotional highs and lows he and his staff go through during the course of a game.  I know it's easy to get emotional each play but the HC has to be the calm during the storm----good or bad.  Can't get to high or to low.  And you have to learn how to move on after a big win or a big loss because the kids feed off that energy.  One game at a time, hell, one play at a time.  I guess that's how C'view's coach were able to keep his kids heads dispite an 0-8 campaign until last Friday.........

Well enough with my rant........

[quote name="scooter!" post="693206" timestamp="1257049763"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=61604.msg692779#msg692779 date=1257033538]
??? Coaching and the fact that Hines sat this one out. PNG is on a roll but bring that arse up to 5A and get that arse smacked around.
[/quote]thats what happened the last time they were 5A
[/quote]

different times.

you two are aware that PNG prolly has more football participation right now than many 5A schools???? I know they have more than PAM so that "5" wouldnt matter as much as you think.  The Indians would have finish no lower than 3rd in the very top heavy 21-5A this year.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="694244" timestamp="1257166617"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=61604.msg693206#msg693206 date=1257049763]
??? Coaching and the fact that Hines sat this one out. PNG is on a roll but bring that arse up to 5A and get that arse smacked around.
[/quote]

different times.

you two are aware that [b]PNG prolly has more football participation right now than many 5A schools???? I know they have more than PAM so that "5" wouldnt matter as much as you think.[/b]  The Indians would have finish no lower than 3rd in the very top heavy 21-5A this year.
[/quote]No you don't we have two jv teams two 9th grade teams and could have sophomore team if needed. We got caught looking two games ahead. I won't lie I was looking ahead myself forgetting that we still had to play the games. so i know the kids were that's the only explanation. And i think that five means more than you think. It means you have more quality coming off the bench. And you probably would have finshed in 21-5a

[quote name="The GOAT" post="694370" timestamp="1257177180"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=61604.msg694244#msg694244 date=1257166617]
[/quote]

different times.

you two are aware that [b]PNG prolly has more football participation right now than many 5A schools???? I know they have more than PAM so that "5" wouldnt matter as much as you think.[/b]  The Indians would have finish no lower than 3rd in the very top heavy 21-5A this year.
[/quote]No you don't we have two jv teams two 9th grade teams and could have sophomore team if needed. We got caught looking two games ahead. I won't lie I was looking ahead myself forgetting that we still had to play the games. so i know the kids were that's the only explanation. And i think that five means more than you think. It means you have more quality coming off the bench. And you probably would have finshed in 21-5a
[/quote]

GOAT, if Im wrong Im wrong but PNG has over 200 kids involved in the football program right now. Theres enough kids on the sidelines every Friday night to field second JV team. (BTW the current JV team is undefeated so theres still talent playing on Junior Varsity) and the current varsity has ZERO players going both ways.

Ill stick with my opinion that PNG would easily finish no lower than 3rd in 21-5A this year.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="694417" timestamp="1257179184"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=61604.msg694370#msg694370 date=1257177180]
[/quote]

different times.

[/quote]

GOAT, if Im wrong Im wrong but PNG has over 200 kids involved in the football program right now. Theres enough kids on the sidelines every Friday night to field second JV team. (BTW the current JV team is undefeated so theres still talent playing on Junior Varsity) and the current varsity has ZERO players going both ways.

Ill stick with my [b]opinion [/b] that PNG would easily finish no lower than 3rd in 21-5A this year.

[/quote]That's the magic word.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="694423" timestamp="1257179516"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=61604.msg694417#msg694417 date=1257179184]
[/quote]

different times.

[/quote]

Ill stick with my [b]opinion [/b] that PNG would easily finish no lower than 3rd in 21-5A this year.

[/quote]

The "magic" word that makes these forums what they are. I love a good friendly discussion, so who in 21-5A do you think beats PNG this year? Surely not Channelview or either of the Baytown schools??

PAM played atrociously in the first half of the CV game and still had a chance at the end. However, with under 2 min on the clock with no TO'S they decided to run the ball. ON 3RD&6, AND 4TH&6! How clever, SIKE! I am truly afraid of the next COACHING decision that HAS to be made.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="694433" timestamp="1257180129"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=61604.msg694423#msg694423 date=1257179516]
[/quote]that's what happened the last time they were 5A
[/quote]

different times.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The "magic" word that makes these forums what they are. I love a good friendly discussion, so who in 21-5A do you think beats PNG this year? Surely not Channelview or either of the Baytown schools??
[/quote]As we all know on any given Friday ANYTHING can happen. I put it this way central would preform better in 21 5-a than png, your new coach has done an excellent job but at some point the caliber of athlete has to rise. The only thing  MHS is guilty of is being big headed and not taking it one game at a time.

Three things:

1) Sterling has good athletes, so whoever said that about their offense not having athletes is out of his/her mind.  Sterling has speed to burn, and they should be ashamed that they have not put together at least a halfway decent team the last few years.  Last year's team used a miracle second half against Lee to edge into the playoffs.

2) North Shore is no where near the NS of old.  If Lee's coaches were not so darn inept, Lee actually had a chance to hang with NS last Friday as crazy as it may sound.  You had to be there to see how it all unfolded.  An interecption return for a td on a play that should have never been called, a fake punt for a td on a play that I could see coming from three miles away, a fumble return down inside the ten by a running back that should have never been carrying the ball at that point in time....
Middle second quarter, Lee had stopped NS's offense 4 straight times.
Lee couldn't have dreamed of stopping NS even once last year, and Lee's defense was much better last year.

3)  Let's not get overzealous about PNG having their way with Lee or Sterling.  Beat Barbers Hill and LCM a little more convincingly, then we can talk about what you may or may not do to Lee and Sterling.  Granted, Lee is down, but PNG would not walk all over Lee. 

[quote name="The GOAT" post="694713" timestamp="1257190465"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=61604.msg694433#msg694433 date=1257180129]
[/quote]that's what happened the last time they were 5A
[/quote]

different times.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]As we all know on any given Friday ANYTHING can happen. I put it this way central would preform better in 21 5-a than png, your new coach has done an excellent job but at some point the caliber of athlete has to rise. The only thing  MHS is guilty of is being big headed and not taking it one game at a time.
[/quote]

So [i][u]IF[/u][/i] PNG beats Central in the same fashion they've taken down their last 4 opponents what does that mean?? I'm don't buy the "caliber of athletes" argument everyone always post because in the days of PNG vs TJ, PNG vs Lincoln, and now PNG vs Central, PNG vs Ozen, PNG vs Livingston even PNG vs Nederland people say the Indians are out athleted but its never stopped them from competeing and winning many of those matchups.

to panamamyers:

IMO PNG easily beats Baytown Lee or Sterling this season.  

Since we will not see a PN-G vs. PAM non-district game all we have are scrimmages to go buy. I think it is safe to say we know what happened the last two scrimmages. 21-0 after not even two quarters of live game play was not enough to convince some I guess.

It is funny to dog on PN-G for WINNING games (lc-m, etc.) while PAM is out losing to a team that has not won a game all year. Priceless.

[quote name="akifan94" post="694840" timestamp="1257194593"]
Since we will not see a PN-G vs. PAM non-district game all we have are scrimmages to go buy. I think it is safe to say we know what happened the last two scrimmages. [b]21-0 after not even two quarters of live game play was not enough to convince some I guess.[/b]

It is funny to dog on PN-G for WINNING games (lc-m, etc.) while PAM is out losing to a team that has not won a game all year. Priceless.
[/quote]So i take it you missed the controlled part of the scrimmage when the score was 14-0 MHS? I'm not dogging any one I just said I think 21 5-a is differant from your league, and that the caliber of athlete isn't the same. So you're telling  me you wouldn't take a rb that was disciplined and ran a 4.4  a yes sir no sir type kid over a kid that did the samething he just ran a 4.7 that's all i'm saying it's different.

[quote name="akifan94" post="694840" timestamp="1257194593"]
[b]Since we will not see a PN-G vs. PAM non-district game [/b] all we have are scrimmages to go buy. I think it is safe to say we know what happened the last two scrimmages. 21-0 after not even two quarters of live game play was not enough to convince some I guess.

[/quote]Since it's time to realign maybe we can get our coaches to make this thing happen. ;)

[quote name="The GOAT" post="694897" timestamp="1257196599"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=61604.msg694840#msg694840 date=1257194593]
[b]Since we will not see a PN-G vs. PAM non-district game [/b] all we have are scrimmages to go buy. I think it is safe to say we know what happened the last two scrimmages. 21-0 after not even two quarters of live game play was not enough to convince some I guess.

[/quote]Since it's time to realign maybe we can get our coaches to make this thing happen. ;)
[/quote]

I spoke with Kenny after one of the 7 on 7 practices at PNG and he told me he would do his part in attempting to make this happen. I hope it does, itll be good for both teams and communities.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="694433" timestamp="1257180129"]
[/quote]

different times.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]West Brook and North SHore!

[quote name="The GOAT" post="694887" timestamp="1257196327"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=61604.msg694840#msg694840 date=1257194593]
Since we will not see a PN-G vs. PAM non-district game all we have are scrimmages to go buy. I think it is safe to say we know what happened the last two scrimmages. [b]21-0 after not even two quarters of live game play was not enough to convince some I guess.[/b]

[/quote]So i take it you missed the controlled part of the scrimmage when the score was 14-0 MHS? I'm not dogging any one I just said I think 21 5-a is differant from your league, and that the caliber of athlete isn't the same. So you're telling  me you wouldn't take a rb that was disciplined and ran a 4.4  a yes sir no sir type kid over a kid that did the samething he just ran a 4.7 that's all i'm saying it's different.

[/quote]

Exactly, controlled part where 1st and 2nd teams were alternating, unlike the live game where it was one's versus one's. Speed does not make you more productive. It makes you more dangerous. Why does Harmon lead the entire area in rushing with 4.7 speed while playing on maybe the most balanced offense in the area. PAM lost to another 4A school in Central.

PS...I pull for PAM all year. My wife is a TJ grad. I hope to see us play in the future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• The problem as well as that all of the social justice warriors, influencers, and instigators repeat these lies in the immediate days after the event, garnering outrage.  But when they're proven false they never go back and rescind their outrage-causing posts, they just move on to the next one.
    • I just find it really hard to believe that Trump will select a VP based on the votes they bring him.  He's going to want a Trumper that will affirm his every move and stoke his ego.  I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  And as you said, in these battle ground states a few tenths of a % point may be enough to swing the whole election.  Trump can't afford a VP who will cost him votes (Noem would cost him full points, not just tenths), but also needs a candidate that will bring in as many votes as possible.  So hopefully whichever Trump disciple he chooses has some political appeal to swing voters.
    • Good news for this district is for the next two seasons your bi district opposition shouldn’t be much of a challenge… Royal may be better next year but other than that the district is pretty rough… Very good chance that it’s a clean sweep though
    • It’s terrible no matter what happened. I am always concerned with the news media and social media outright lies or incorrect information that is put out, maybe in a rush to be first. Watching the video, it is easy to see that some of the earlier claims are simply nonsense. The officer might be cleared or he might face trial but we should be disgusted with the misinformation. Having been on scene or shortly after an officer involved shooting three times, I can say that some information that comes out is a complete fabrication. This is a horrible situation no matter who was at fault. I wish that the nonsensical false information would stop. That won’t happen…..  
    • Trump walks to the beat of a different drummer so he could very likely pick a person that is on no one’s radar. Going by typical political logic, assuming that a VP pick might bring 0.5%-1% votes, who should it be? A half to one percent is not much but in a potentially razor thin election, a couple of thousand votes in a state could decide the presidency. Biden won AZ by just over 10,000 votes. The most recent Beaumont mayoral election, where almost no one votes, had over 15,000 votes cast. In GA it was 12,000 votes and Biden did not even get 50%. In WI it was 20,000 and again Biden didn’t get to 50%.  There are other states in that area of percent point difference. How important? If any two AZ, GA and WI flip, Trump would have won. So while the VP probably never matters…. can it this time? I think that it could. What then does the VP pick bring to the table? FL and SC were both won by Trump in 2020 so a favored son vote for Rubio or Scott won’t help Trump. Both are in a fairly comfortable position within the conservative community so they will neither hurt nor help with strong conservative voters.  What about the few fence riders that could and likely will determine the election by either sticking with Biden or switching from the last election? What about the people who did not vote in the last election, but may come out to vote in this one just to support the VP candidate? Could Scott sway a percentage point or two from Black support? Could Rubio help draw a percentage point or two of Hispanic support? Possibly on both counts. Like I already mentioned, they won’t help in their own states because Trump already won those in 2020. I personally think that either would actually do a good job as president (although VP picks are about the politics of being elected and not the “best” possible president) and might be the difference in a few votes but a few votes more is all that is needed.  Or…. My outlier, Tulsi Gabbard.  She had some decent support when are ran for the presidency in the Democrat primary. Could some people follow her because they support her and not necessarily the party? I’m sure that’s true for all candidates. Could she bring female support? As a strong mentally and physically person and a member of the military who was deployed into a combat zone into Iraq. Then she went to OCS and became an officer, then deployed to Kuwait. Can that military history, including deployment into a war swing some votes? As of late, she has been on a one person tirade against Biden and the Democrats. Let’s remember that Ronald Reagan was a Democrat and so was Texas governor John Connally. Connally was not only a Democrat governor in Texas but also Secretary of the Navy under JFK. Both ended up switching to the Republican Party so there is a fairly strong history of former Democrats switching parties and being successful, all the way up to the presidency. Gabbard is a pretty fiery campaigner and doesn’t mince her words. She would really be a thorn in the Democrats’ hopes and has the inside knowledge of the party. Could she potentially swing more votes than Scott or Rubio? I think so. But…. I don’t think that Trump would pick her and I’m not sure that she would accept if offered. Her odds of being Trump's pick are at about 1%.  Scott or Rubio at about 10%. Trump being Trump, will choose someone who no one has ever heard of. 
  • Topics