Stjfl Semi Finals - Sat. Oct 31

Pee-Wee Division                                Junior Division                         
#1. PNG White                                  #1. WOS
#5. PNG Purple  9am                        #5. BC            3pm

#2. Lum White                                  #2. Lum White
#3. WOS          11am                        #3. Ned Gold    1pm

Senior Division

#1. Lum Blue
                                  #2. Ned Black      5pm

#1. Lum White
                                  #2. WOS            7pm               

Saturday is getting here fast, lots of smack talking in the Pee-Wee & Junior divisions, none in the Senior division. Last year in the Senior division the 2nd round is where the upsets happened, both #1 seeds went down, will it happen again.
  Any one care go out on a limb and pick Superbowl match-ups?
  Just for kicks - Pee Wee  #3 WOS vs #1 PNG White
                        Juniors      #1 WOS vs #2 Lum White
                        Seniors      #1 Lum White vs #2 Ned Black
            Good luck to everyone Saturday

Now , you do know that for the most part ,, it's coaches and parents who post here ,,  pretty much @ this point the only people posting are still in it !! So of course they will pick thier own teams ,,, LOL  with the exception of the opposite bracket !!! LOL

Of course i will pick LUM (white) over WOS ,,,  thats not smack , I really believe that they can win this game!!! I know that WOS has great coachs , alot of RAW athletic talent , and of course explosive speed,  HOWEVER , I don't think as a WHOLE the team is as good as it was last yr,, (AS A UNIT) !!! NO DISRESPECT WOS ,,,  THESE TEAMS ARE VERY EVENLY MATCHED , I BELIEVE IT WILL COME DOWN TO BALL CONTROL AND WHO CAN PLAY WITH THE LEAST MISTAKES !!!

My SB PICK in PEEWEE is LUM (white) vs PNG  ,,,,, although i will be rooting for PURPLE !!!

No that's not smack taking Lum White (pwee) over WOS, but there where some comments about running the clock, but I don't think they came from Lumberton.
    Why are you rooting for Purple, scared of White or just would rather play Purple for some other reason, I assume if you think you can beat WOS you think you can beat PNG White and what about the other divisions Juniors & Seniors, venture outside your division. 
  Going to be some great games Saturday from 9am till it ends around 9pm.  By the way  good luck to your PeeWee Raiders

[quote name="football04" post="690042" timestamp="1256870839"]
  No that's not smack taking Lum White (pwee) over WOS, but there where some comments about running the clock, but I don't think they came from Lumberton.
    Why are you rooting for Purple, scared of White or just would rather play Purple for some other reason, I assume if you think you can beat WOS you think you can beat PNG White and what about the other divisions Juniors & Seniors, venture outside your division.   
  Going to be some great games Saturday from 9am till it ends around 9pm.  By the way  good luck to your PeeWee Raiders

[/quote] HHMM , Im gona root for purple this week because I think they are a (sleeper) I think they are alot stronger than they have been given credit for , they just need to pull it all together in one game and play a near perfect game!!  As far as LUM playing png white ,, no , Im not scared at all ,, IMO WOS is the #1 team to beat for LUM in all age groups !!!

HHMM IN JUNIOR ,SB  ,, LUM (white) vs WOS    I'll take LUM
In senior    SB  LUM vs LUM      I'll take LUM (white) 

Yes Im taking LUM In them all  , although I do think  I'll will be a much tighter race in the PEEWEE DIV

Lumberton White has to get through WOS first this Saturday.  I recall a LOT of smack talk saying that WOS wouldn't make it to the playoffs much less further ---- well, I guess they were wrong.  We beat Bridge City in a very good, well matched game.

Good luck to EVERYONE who is playing on the field tomorrow.  The field will be wet so I hope and pray that no one gets hurt.

I am going to Pick Lum (blue) vs Lum(white) in the Senior Bowl

With Lum Blue on top... I watched all the games last Saturday and it seems they really have a great team. They have some of the biggest boys I have seen this season. To bad Bridge City lost it would have been a good rematch with Lum(white) and them.

Good Luck to all the teams.

[quote name="L-TRAIN" post="690171" timestamp="1256900614"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=61313.msg690042#msg690042 date=1256870839]

[/quote] HHMM , Im gona root for purple this week because I think they are a (sleeper) I think they are alot stronger than they have been given credit for , they just need to pull it all together in one game and play a near perfect game!!  As far as LUM playing png white ,, no , Im not scared at all ,, IMO WOS is the #1 team to beat for LUM in all age groups !!!

HHMM IN JUNIOR ,SB  ,, LUM (white) vs WOS     I'll take LUM
In senior     SB  LUM vs LUM      I'll take LUM (white) 

Yes Im taking LUM In them all  , although I do think  I'll will be a much tighter race in the PEEWEE DIV
[/quote]

So, since you don't think the Jr. game is going to be close, do you have a prediction on the score?

Besides that, WOS has to get by BC this week before we even start thinking about Lumberton or anyone else.

[quote name="td" post="690380" timestamp="1256914837"]
[quote author=L-TRAIN link=topic=61313.msg690171#msg690171 date=1256900614]

HHMM IN JUNIOR ,SB  ,, LUM (white) vs WOS     I'll take LUM
In senior     SB  LUM vs LUM      I'll take LUM (white) 

[/quote]

So, since you don't think the Jr. game is going to be close, do you have a prediction on the score?

Besides that, WOS has to get by BC this week before we even start thinking about Lumberton or anyone else.
[/quote]

TD........missed you at BWW's last night.  Was hoping to get to meet you!

Gotta go with Lumberton White over WOS
But  I don't think it will be an all Lumberton superbowl.   Nederland Black will prevail  over Lumberton BLue and we will have a rematch of last years Superbowl....The superbowl wil be a hard fought match between Lumberton White and Nederland Black

Gotta go with Lumberton White over WOS
But  I don't think it will be an all Lumberton superbowl.  Nederland Black will prevail  over Lumberton BLue and we will have a rematch of last years Superbowl....The superbowl wil be a hard fought match between Lumberton White and Nederland Black...SENIORS

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="690383" timestamp="1256914896"]
[quote author=td link=topic=61313.msg690380#msg690380 date=1256914837]
[quote author=L-TRAIN link=topic=61313.msg690171#msg690171 date=1256900614]
 Going to be some great games Saturday from 9am till it ends around 9pm.  By the way  good luck to your PeeWee Raiders

[/quote] HHMM , Im gona root for purple this week because I think they are a (sleeper) I think they are alot stronger than they have been given credit for , they just need to pull it all together in one game and play a near perfect game!!  As far as LUM playing png white ,, no , Im not scared at all ,, IMO WOS is the #1 team to beat for LUM in all age groups !!!

HHMM IN JUNIOR ,SB  ,, LUM (white) vs WOS     I'll take LUM
In senior     SB  LUM vs LUM      I'll take LUM (white)  

Yes Im taking LUM In them all  , although I do think  I'll will be a much tighter race in the PEEWEE DIV
[/quote]

[/quote]

TD........missed you at BWW's last night.  Was hoping to get to meet you!

[/quote]

I made plans to go and then decided I better get my stuff ready for the deer lease after the game at LCM at 3. I will e theone with the trailer with 4 wheelers on it.  ;D Hopefully we can do it again next Thursday. I would like to meet everyone also.

I tell you one thing, and that's for sure, their are definitely a lot of Lumberton Teams left in the playoff hunt. I think that they are all superb teams but of course the single wide offense is a style that is very hard to beat, so congrats to all of their coaches for learning that system and implementing it into their program. It is very hard to teach and understand but once you have it then you are the one to beat, Now I see how a lot of people are gunho on lumberton taking us down this weekend and that's cool because it is all in good fun and we are friends with their coaches, they are an excellent crew of guys but the comment aboout us not being as good as last year is a little off, now I didn't take it the wrong way, and I want you guys to understand that! Think about this though, technically we are 9-0 right? The same as last year, we have scored like 240 points and given up like 42 or something, which to me is not bad. We had "5" returners from [u][b]THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP [/b] [/u] team last year  "5". I am so happy with this team, and proud of what they have accomplished so regardless of what happens we have done an amazing job with these kids. We had to pick up 25 kids straight from the flag division this year and this was a tuff job, but Previs, Mustang 11 and myself have loved every minute of it. At the end of the day though you all know that deep in your hearts that the road to a superbowl runs through WOS street and that our street is one like no other, so no matter how much you post or discuss you know that we are a mighty foe, regardless of how fast you are or who you have beat before us, if it were not so then we wouldn't be here every year! This game will be tough and a great one to watch, so if anyone has free time tomorrow, I would love to see the stands packed all day to support these kids and this league so that it can continue to grow and show these boys some discipline and help shape our future high school/ college players into the best in the area. GOD bless and see you all tomorrow!!! ;D ;D

[quote name="ICEWATER" post="690605" timestamp="1256925418"]
I tell you one thing, and that's for sure, their are definitely a lot of Lumberton Teams left in the playoff hunt. I think that they are all superb teams but of course the single wide offense is a style that is very hard to beat, so congrats to all of their coaches for learning that system and implementing it into their program. It is very hard to teach and understand but once you have it then you are the one to beat, Now I see how a lot of people are gunho on lumberton taking us down this weekend and that's cool because it is all in good fun and we are friends with their coaches, they are an excellent crew of guys but the comment aboout us not being as good as last year is a little off, now I didn't take it the wrong way, and I want you guys to understand that! Think about this though, technically we are 9-0 right? The same as last year, we have scored like 240 points and given up like 42 or something, which to me is not bad. We had "5" returners from [u][b]THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP [/b] [/u] team last year  "5". I am so happy with this team, and proud of what they have accomplished so regardless of what happens we have done an amazing job with these kids. We had to pick up 25 kids straight from the flag division this year and this was a tuff job, but Previs, Mustang 11 and myself have loved every minute of it. At the end of the day though you all know that deep in your hearts that the road to a superbowl runs through WOS street and that our street is one like no other, so no matter how much you post or discuss you know that we are a mighty foe, regardless of how fast you are or who you have beat before us, if it were not so then we wouldn't be here every year! This game will be tough and a great one to watch, so if anyone has free time tomorrow, I would love to see the stands packed all day to support these kids and this league so that it can continue to grow and show these boys some discipline and help shape our future high school/ college players into the best in the area. GOD bless and see you all tomorrow!!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

Good Luck tomorrow Icewater and The Crew.  Defend whats yours...... ;D

Oh come on guys, can't someone show some confidence in the WOS Sr. team?  I do!  As much as I hate to say this because I detest it when someone says it about us: I hope the WOS Sr. team kicks butt against Lumberton White tomorrow night.  Just so I can get on here and say: Told you So!

And if Lumberton White wins, I will get on here and congratulate them on a win.  I just don't like that no one has confidence in my team.

:-\

[quote name="BMTFballer" post="690357" timestamp="1256914276"]
I am going to Pick Lum (blue) vs Lum(white) in the Senior Bowl

With Lum Blue on top... I watched all the games last Saturday and it seems they really have a great team. They have some of the biggest boys I have seen this season. To bad Bridge City lost it would have been a good rematch with Lum(white) and them.

Good Luck to all the teams.
[/quote]

What games were you watching last weekend? I would say Lumberton White looked a lot better than Blue and Nederland handled a good Vidor team, BC & WOS was an old fashion defensive game. Blue did not look like the best team left based on last week performance and size DOES NOT matter 8)

[quote name="ICEWATER" post="690605" timestamp="1256925418"]
I tell you one thing, and that's for sure, their are definitely a lot of Lumberton Teams left in the playoff hunt. I think that they are all superb teams but of course the single wide offense is a style that is very hard to beat, so congrats to all of their coaches for learning that system and implementing it into their program. It is very hard to teach and understand but once you have it then you are the one to beat, Now I see how a lot of people are gunho on lumberton taking us down this weekend and that's cool because it is all in good fun and we are friends with their coaches, they are an excellent crew of guys but the comment aboout us not being as good as last year is a little off, now I didn't take it the wrong way, and I want you guys to understand that! Think about this though, technically we are 9-0 right? The same as last year, we have scored like 240 points and given up like 42 or something, which to me is not bad. We had "5" returners from [u][b]THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP [/b] [/u] team last year  "5". I am so happy with this team, and proud of what they have accomplished so regardless of what happens we have done an amazing job with these kids. We had to pick up 25 kids straight from the flag division this year and this was a tuff job, but Previs, Mustang 11 and myself have loved every minute of it. At the end of the day though you all know that deep in your hearts that the road to a superbowl runs through WOS street and that our street is one like no other, so no matter how much you post or discuss you know that we are a mighty foe, regardless of how fast you are or who you have beat before us, if it were not so then we wouldn't be here every year! This game will be tough and a great one to watch, so if anyone has free time tomorrow, I would love to see the stands packed all day to support these kids and this league so that it can continue to grow and show these boys some discipline and help shape our future high school/ college players into the best in the area. GOD bless and see you all tomorrow!!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

Ice, You an Previs are some of the best. Congrats and hats off to you and your team. What every happens tomorrow happens. But both of our teams are making memories for life.. And I have made a couple of friends for life, and that's whats its all about. Good Luck And May GOD BLESS US ALL.

[quote name="LR33" post="690787" timestamp="1256933209"]
[quote author=ICEWATER link=topic=61313.msg690605#msg690605 date=1256925418]
I tell you one thing, and that's for sure, their are definitely a lot of Lumberton Teams left in the playoff hunt. I think that they are all superb teams but of course the single wide offense is a style that is very hard to beat, so congrats to all of their coaches for learning that system and implementing it into their program. It is very hard to teach and understand but once you have it then you are the one to beat, Now I see how a lot of people are gunho on lumberton taking us down this weekend and that's cool because it is all in good fun and we are friends with their coaches, they are an excellent crew of guys but the comment aboout us not being as good as last year is a little off, now I didn't take it the wrong way, and I want you guys to understand that! Think about this though, technically we are 9-0 right? The same as last year, we have scored like 240 points and given up like 42 or something, which to me is not bad. We had "5" returners from [u][b]THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP [/b] [/u] team last year  "5". I am so happy with this team, and proud of what they have accomplished so regardless of what happens we have done an amazing job with these kids. We had to pick up 25 kids straight from the flag division this year and this was a tuff job, but Previs, Mustang 11 and myself have loved every minute of it. At the end of the day though you all know that deep in your hearts that the road to a superbowl runs through WOS street and that our street is one like no other, so no matter how much you post or discuss you know that we are a mighty foe, regardless of how fast you are or who you have beat before us, if it were not so then we wouldn't be here every year! This game will be tough and a great one to watch, so if anyone has free time tomorrow, I would love to see the stands packed all day to support these kids and this league so that it can continue to grow and show these boys some discipline and help shape our future high school/ college players into the best in the area. GOD bless and see you all tomorrow!!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

Ice, You an Previs are some of the best. Congrats and hats off to you and your team. What every happens tomorrow happens. But both of our teams are making memories for life.. And I have made a couple of friends for life, and that's whats its all about. Good Luck And May GOD BLESS US ALL.
[/quote]

Well said, LR33. You and your coaching staff are some of the coolest guys I've ever been around. We respect and admire not just what y'all have done with your pee wee team, but the passion that you guys coach with. And that passion and dedication shows in the way your team plays on the field. It's nice that 2 teams with so much to gain and yet so much to lose can have so much respect for each other. Good luck tomorrow, and may tha best team win.

[quote name="previs" post="691009" timestamp="1256946728"]
[quote author=LR33 link=topic=61313.msg690787#msg690787 date=1256933209]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said, LR33. You and your coaching staff are some of the coolest guys I've ever been around. We respect and admire not just what y'all have done with your pee wee team, but the passion that you guys coach with. And that passion and dedication shows in the way your team plays on the field. It's nice that 2 teams with so much to gain and yet so much to lose can have so much respect for each other. Good luck tomorrow, and may tha best team win.
[/quote]

Ya'll are makin me sick! Why don't ya'll just find a room??? :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="raider44" post="691110" timestamp="1256950316"]
[quote author=previs link=topic=61313.msg691009#msg691009 date=1256946728]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ya'll are makin me sick! Why don't ya'll just find a room??? :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

I had thought about it, but I've already got reservations....FOR THA 5 STAR SUITE AT THA SUPERBOWL!!!! ;D

[quote name="previs" post="691201" timestamp="1256951769"]
[quote author=raider44 link=topic=61313.msg691110#msg691110 date=1256950316]
[quote author=previs link=topic=61313.msg691009#msg691009 date=1256946728]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had thought about it, but I've already got reservations....FOR THA 5 STAR SUITE AT THA SUPERBOWL!!!! ;D
[/quote]

Hate to here your gonna be in a suite instead of on the sidelines playin! Maybe next year!

[quote name="L-TRAIN" post="691261" timestamp="1256952691"]
Maybe im missing something ,, can anyone tell me what the PRO BOWL is ??? First time Ive hear of it , is seeing the listing today on stjfl site !!!
[/quote]

My understanding is that it is made up from kids off of all the teams that aren't in the SuperBowl.  Each team gets to choose a certain number of players & a coach but depending on the records of the teams depends on how many kids they get to choose.  There will be a North Team (Kountze, Lumberton, Bmt, PNG & Vidor) vs South Team (LCM, OF, BC, WOS, Nederland) in Peewee/Jr/Sr.  Each ProBowl will be played just before the SuperBowl from what I understand.  PW @ 8:30am, JR @ 1:30 pm & SR @ 5:30 pm with Superbowls PW @ 10am, JR @ 3:30 pm & SR @ 7:30 pm.  They will practice next week once the teams are finalized after the playoffs tomorrow.  Peewee - North Team is practicing in Lumberton M/W/F next week but not sure of others.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Interesting. I hadn't heard that. I bet it's hard to set up a new city.
    • I don't really care what she did with her dog, but couldn't she have just given the "worthless" dog away to a loving prospective owner? I'm sure it was probably a purebred animal that was at least somewhat trained and therefore easy to place in a non farm home.
    • I voted for energy independence, secure border, selection of conservative SCJ, lowest unemployment in decades, I could go on but there's no emotion here, I vote for policies. Look at what we have now, there's no comparison. I just listed the reasons I voted for Trump, someone PLEASE list the reasons you would vote for Biden. @Boyz N Da Hood you said we should vote on policies, I just listed them for Trump, tell me which ones you don't like and wouldn't vote for him because of them.  
    • Hold them accountable? Like here in Texas where we have, by any definition, the most conservative Speaker that we’ve ever had. He pushed through an abortion ban and border security measures, reduced school taxes, etc… and the people who put him in office are firing him for not being MAGA enough.    Every third commercial on TV is Trump (or somebody who supports Trump) calling Phelan a RINO and supporting an impotent replacement for the most powerful person in the House.    It’s 100% MAGA, and it’s 12000% stupid.    “oh, he didn’t do those things by himself” says everyone who doesn’t understand parliamentary procedure. 
    • @bullets13 not sure why it double posted the topic.. delete this one plz sir
  • Topics