OF vs BC predictions.

braves24

Since at this point we don't know if Corey can play, I will only make one prediction.  If OF gets ahead by more than 2 touchdowns in the second half there will be a mass exodus by the BC fans.  When we scored 65 on them 2 years ago, there wasn't enough people in the stands  to account for the players family's midway through the 4th quarter.  I always hate to see that for the kids sake. One thing about OF, we support our team, win lose or draw, in all kinds of weather and in all kinds of places.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OF does support their teams - win or lose - in all the sports.  And the one thing I have noticed about OF, this being from the coaches and fans, is that the whole team is supported, they are talked about as a team, not one individual player that the coach singles out to give any credit to, but the "team" and and not a one or two man show and that's where they are above alot of area teams which I think shows they have a coach with class and intelligence along with fans that follow suit. 

To be honest with you, I hope they don't risk it if there is any issue with him.  However, since he is the coaches son, he might be more inclined to play him.  I know ya'll all remember the old school coaches, "your alright, suck it up" kinda guys.  He definately makes our offense go, but his health is way more important than a football game.

He may be the coaches son, but he is also the coaches wife's son. ;) It'll be interesting to see if he plays.

The Silsbee defense did put a beating on Corey like no other team has done so far. They made sure he paid every time he came outside on those keepers. That last hit by our stud linebacker Bolton was a slobber knocker. Corey never saw the field after that play.

I hope he is alright and can finish out his senior year, with the possibility of going to the playoffs.

[quote name="bobcat4life" post="686465" timestamp="1256567015"]
Since at this point we don't know if Corey can play, I will only make one prediction.  If OF gets ahead by more than 2 touchdowns in the second half there will be a mass exodus by the BC fans.  When we scored 65 on them 2 years ago, there wasn't enough people in the stands  to account for the players family's midway through the 4th quarter.  I always hate to see that for the kids sake. One thing about OF, we support our team, win lose or draw, in all kinds of weather and in all kinds of places.
[/quote]Yeah its nice to see that from another orange county team other then WOS. Goodluck friday night

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="33" post="685798" timestamp="1256492664"]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=61259.msg685631#msg685631 date=1256452285]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=61259.msg685557#msg685557 date=1256439227]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=61259.msg685108#msg685108 date=1256405465]
bc by atleast 20. of's defense is [color=red]pathetic[/color][/quote]

A few years back BC defense needed some work. You never heard us use the word marked in red. I would appreciate it if you would not use that word. You can say, they are struggling, not very good right now or what ever. That word is a little strong. IMO

Thanks
[/quote]
this is a forum. i can say what i want and express any opinion i have on this subject. all i have to say is that its going to be a long long night for when of plays their next 2 games.
[/quote]

just because you can say "whatever you want" doesn't mean you have to be a *********.
show some respect to the guys just a mile down the road.
[/quote]

Classy post 33. I like you man, you support your team like you should and you give credit where credit is due.

Guest bleed orange
There is not a lot of smack talk for this game. IMO that is a good thing. Both communities and schools respect one another. It will be settled on the field of battle like it should be. Words mean nothing only action. I love it. Go Bobcats.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="689008" timestamp="1256778966"]
There is not a lot of smack talk for this game. IMO that is a good thing. Both communities and schools respect one another. It will be settled on the field of battle like it should be. Words mean nothing only action. I love it. Go Bobcats.
[/quote]

never really is alot of smack talk for this game.
alot of people are real good friends from these 2 schools so all the smack talk is by word of mouth while they're hanging out or something lol

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="33" post="689038" timestamp="1256781147"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=61259.msg689008#msg689008 date=1256778966]
[/quote]

never really is alot of smack talk for this game.
alot of people are real good friends from these 2 schools so all the smack talk is by word of mouth while they're hanging out or something lol
[/quote]

Your right 33, Most of these kids are teamates and friends in the little league programs. This is a good rivalry between two good communities.

I think OF will Score between 24-30 pts but I am not sure if they will be able to stop BC. I hear its been really wet I think that helps the cats more than the cards. No matter who wins I hope they go far and represent 21-3A well in the Playoffs. I actually played in Bayou Bowl I II and III, I cannot believe its already the tenth anniversary.

[quote name="aaronblock03" post="689067" timestamp="1256782814"]
I think OF will Score between 24-30 pts but I am not sure if they will be able to stop BC. I hear its been really wet I think that helps the cats more than the cards. No matter who wins I hope they go far and represent 21-3A well in the Playoffs. I actually played in Bayou Bowl I II and III, I cannot believe its already the tenth anniversary.
[/quote]old timer ;D

Guest Silsbee88
I hope Huckaby (sp?) is ok.....worked hard last week, there were several OF backs that were banged up pretty good in that game.

OF will have a hard time stopping BC's Menard, this guy can flat go!  If he cannot go around or over something, he will go through them!  This was impressive to watch, and to know that he is only a sophmore.

Now I think that OF will keep this game close for a little while if everyone is healthy, but I think in the end BC will pull away 35-16.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder